Using Target Finder to prove a point... and got hate mail.

#1GRTooCoolPosted 1/14/2013 11:54:05 AM
I'm sure a lot of you share my hatred for this attachment and that the only reason why it is in the game is to cater to casuals. My friends and I always complain about how stupid it is when we get killed by it... or if we see it as the final kill cam.

Either way, I have another friend... who constantly says, "Stop insulting it. You still need skill to aim." With that said, he goes about 20-18 with it most of the time.

I can typically go about 25-15 or whatever, depending on the map.

My point is that I avoid the Target Finder like it's the plague because I think it's dumb. But to prove my friend wrong on how stupid it is... I slapped it on. Small sample size really, but I went 18-3, 24-5, and 30-7 using this in 6 on 6 Team Campmatch. (Another mode my friend insists on playing over KC).

It's funny because it's the first time I ever gotten hate mail. I politely replied and apologized that I was trying to prove a point to a friend. But whatever. Anyway, just wanted to share because I'm bored at work.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#2ragefan187Posted 1/14/2013 12:23:15 PM
Lol where do you work?
#3Pr0t0typeG0dPosted 1/14/2013 12:38:09 PM
I see the term "casual" thrown around a lot, but when I see it on this board the irony gives me a chuckle. COD is damn near the epitome of casual.

That aside, I neither love nor hate this attachment. I think it's a good idea in theory (trying to level the playing field for people with bad eyesight/small TVs?) that gets abused by people who like to camp.
---
X was the last playable FF, IX was the last good FF, VIII was the last great FF.
#4QualiTPosted 1/14/2013 12:39:43 PM
"You need skill to aim" he does know that aim asisst does like 90% of the work for you right?
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#5yoshifan1Posted 1/14/2013 12:41:40 PM
I thought COD was meant to be for casuals. It's a fun game to play after work and relieve some stress.
---
http://www.lostfacts.net/boards/index.php - Come on down and have some fun!
http://www.crabdom.cu.cc/forums - Happy fun land
#6bheinz24Posted 1/14/2013 12:57:59 PM
Pr0t0typeG0d posted...
That aside, I neither love nor hate this attachment. I think it's a good idea in theory (trying to level the playing field for people with bad eyesight/small TVs?) that gets abused by people who like to camp.

Agreed. I don't have the best eyesight so I use it on some maps based on how many dark corners there are or demolition while defending and only on LMGs...because I am always ADS with those and I because it takes longer to get the gun up it helps to identify most of the individuals you're going to be shooting at as quickly as possible when rounding a corner with it already up. Other maps though I just go with iron sights.

Also, it's essentially a normal EOT sight when somebody is running cold blooded which eliminates the "crutch" moniker and I find that a lot more people are using that perk now a days.