Using Target Finder to prove a point... and got hate mail.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Using Target Finder to prove a point... and got hate mail.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
3 years ago#1
I'm sure a lot of you share my hatred for this attachment and that the only reason why it is in the game is to cater to casuals. My friends and I always complain about how stupid it is when we get killed by it... or if we see it as the final kill cam.

Either way, I have another friend... who constantly says, "Stop insulting it. You still need skill to aim." With that said, he goes about 20-18 with it most of the time.

I can typically go about 25-15 or whatever, depending on the map.

My point is that I avoid the Target Finder like it's the plague because I think it's dumb. But to prove my friend wrong on how stupid it is... I slapped it on. Small sample size really, but I went 18-3, 24-5, and 30-7 using this in 6 on 6 Team Campmatch. (Another mode my friend insists on playing over KC).

It's funny because it's the first time I ever gotten hate mail. I politely replied and apologized that I was trying to prove a point to a friend. But whatever. Anyway, just wanted to share because I'm bored at work.
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.

User Info: ragefan187

ragefan187
3 years ago#2
Lol where do you work?

User Info: Pr0t0typeG0d

Pr0t0typeG0d
3 years ago#3
I see the term "casual" thrown around a lot, but when I see it on this board the irony gives me a chuckle. COD is damn near the epitome of casual.

That aside, I neither love nor hate this attachment. I think it's a good idea in theory (trying to level the playing field for people with bad eyesight/small TVs?) that gets abused by people who like to camp.
X was the last playable FF, IX was the last good FF, VIII was the last great FF.

User Info: QualiT

QualiT
3 years ago#4
"You need skill to aim" he does know that aim asisst does like 90% of the work for you right?
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif

User Info: yoshifan1

yoshifan1
3 years ago#5
I thought COD was meant to be for casuals. It's a fun game to play after work and relieve some stress.
http://www.lostfacts.net/boards/index.php - Come on down and have some fun!
http://www.crabdom.cu.cc/forums - Happy fun land

User Info: bheinz24

bheinz24
3 years ago#6
Pr0t0typeG0d posted...
That aside, I neither love nor hate this attachment. I think it's a good idea in theory (trying to level the playing field for people with bad eyesight/small TVs?) that gets abused by people who like to camp.

Agreed. I don't have the best eyesight so I use it on some maps based on how many dark corners there are or demolition while defending and only on LMGs...because I am always ADS with those and I because it takes longer to get the gun up it helps to identify most of the individuals you're going to be shooting at as quickly as possible when rounding a corner with it already up. Other maps though I just go with iron sights.

Also, it's essentially a normal EOT sight when somebody is running cold blooded which eliminates the "crutch" moniker and I find that a lot more people are using that perk now a days.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Using Target Finder to prove a point... and got hate mail.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived