$15 is like one hour of work.

#141rcommeePosted 1/15/2013 8:23:31 AM(edited)
Pigfarts posted...
rcommee posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Gamerguy92 posted...
I feel really sorry to the people where 15$ is an hour of work.

I work for $8.11/hr. :/

=\ indeed, 15 a hour at full time is about 27K thats under the poverty line.

Lol no it isn't, and it's not even close.

$15 an hour is comfortable in most states, as it is more than double the federal minimum wage.

The actual poverty line is around $12,000/year. Why are you trying to make people feel bad?

Per perosn, or per family. A family can;t surivive with 12K, a perosn bearly can.

Per person, of course. The poverty line raises with each added individual.

http://www.familiesusa.org/resources/tools-for-advocates/guides/federal-poverty-guidelines.html
---
(S) (I) (G) (N) (A) (T) (U) (R) (E)
#142PigfartsPosted 1/15/2013 8:30:08 AM
good call, don't know why I though ~30K was poverty. 12K just seems so low.

Anyway a tip for all you young kids out there, highschool and college are not social events, try hard and you WILL succeed in live, don't try hard and you will be paying for it when you older.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#143AWarAmp84Posted 1/15/2013 8:33:14 AM
Pigfarts posted...

Anyway a tip for all you young kids out there, highschool and college are not social events, try hard and you WILL succeed in live, don't try hard and you will be paying for it when you older.

Didn't leave your room much in college eh?
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect and really think about what you're about to write.
#144The_Undying_84Posted 1/15/2013 8:37:05 AM
Rich people tend to stay rich by being cheap. Now I don't know anything about this map pack (only posting in this topic because it was on the front page), but if it's not worth the money, then it's not worth the money.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#145PvtPorkSordPosted 1/15/2013 8:49:16 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
It's actually $15.75 but that's just my summer student job so it's only for 4 months.

But for 8 hour days that's $126 a day and $630 a week.

Maybe I should just buy CoD Elite.

All pre tax/deductions.

I make around 16.70 hr and work a 40hr week. I make near 700 a week and take home 435. In tax/deduction last year I lost 13k.
#146Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:50:44 AM
PvtPorkSord posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
It's actually $15.75 but that's just my summer student job so it's only for 4 months.

All pre tax/deductions.

I make around 16.70 hr and work a 40hr week. I make near 700 a week and take home 435. In tax/deduction last year I lost 13k.

No tax on students lol...
#147PvtPorkSordPosted 1/15/2013 8:56:02 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
PvtPorkSord posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...

All pre tax/deductions.

No tax on students lol...

Yep not a student. My 6 year old is and he's great when I file taxes I get around a 4k check.
#148PigfartsPosted 1/15/2013 11:46:33 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

Actually I didn't try =\ I was a straight c student, but I do make over 100K, I wish I tried harder in college, I think I could be aking a lot more.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#149xirishxPosted 1/15/2013 11:59:30 AM
I've spent well over 100 hours in Black Ops 2 for $60, and I plan to spend many more. I also plan to buy the DLC because it adds more variety to what I already enjoy.

Average movie ticket price is $9-10 for about 2 hours of entertainment. Going bowling will cost you $10 for about an hour. Concert tickets...$20-40 for 3 hours or so...and that's for a cheap band.

Even with tacking on every map pack (say another $60)...100+ hours for $120. I'm not really sure how people can say the game is expensive compared to other forms of entertainment, even if you only clocked 10 hours total in the game.

And those who claim the game is garbage -- why didn't you rent before buying? If you bought it without knowing what to expect, that's your fault. If you didn't buy the game, why are you here complaining about something you have no involvement with?

#150darkshadowmasterPosted 1/15/2013 12:04:56 PM
Pigfarts posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

Actually I didn't try =\ I was a straight c student, but I do make over 100K, I wish I tried harder in college, I think I could be aking a lot more.

Same. Me getting this current job was simply due to me already working here for 2 years as a soldier & then transitioned to contractor.

if I actually tried in school I can only imagine how much I would be making with this current job.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.