Treyarch has to be the most IDIOTIC group of devs to make an FPS

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/14/2013 1:07:36 PM
I'm doing the assault shield challenges for no perks or weapons on hardcore KC and this exercise in frustration has shown me how much of a pos they made the assault shield.

I try to bash people and I magically teleport in front of them. I crouch down and keep them in front (which worked well in mw2) and somehow I still die. I get no protection from explosives whatsoever unlike MW2. To top it all off, I'm damn near blind after 1 encounter because The already horribly gimped shield gets filled with cracks.

Treyarch needs to stop copying people's ideas if they're just gonna make them worse.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2forgotten0285Posted 1/14/2013 1:13:19 PM
yeah i agree. FPS games are mainly about using assault shield without any guns. due to this, i have to base my opinion of the game entirely on whether or not i can effectively use the assault shield against attackers with guns.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#3Sega9599Posted 1/14/2013 1:15:48 PM
The most idiotic? Ever to make an FPS?

I mean......naw bro. Exaggeration just seems sad when pursued to this level.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#4ydobdoogPosted 1/14/2013 1:19:02 PM
I'd like to see how long you would last in a battle where everyone is running around with different guns and all you had was a glass shield.
#5darren_schaffPosted 1/14/2013 1:20:57 PM
I don't know if they screwed up the shield since I got it gold, but I had no issues with it on Normal mode.

I play objective modes and used tactician with shock and concussion and was pretty simple.
---
GT: DingDongPwns
"Before you check my KD, know that I am reaching Master without killing anyone, it will all be recorded"
#6Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/14/2013 1:21:52 PM
Sega9599 posted...
The most idiotic? Ever to make an FPS?

your sig.... i like that $***
---
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525
#7KGballa27Posted 1/14/2013 1:48:31 PM
my main complaint with getting the shield gold was that shotgun shots would sometimes go straight through it...from the front, watched kill cams and everything, there was no way all or even most pellets could hit me...
#8TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:59:18 PM
forgotten0285 posted...
yeah i agree. FPS games are mainly about using assault shield without any guns. due to this, i have to base my opinion of the game entirely on whether or not i can effectively use the assault shield against attackers with guns.

You act as if they didn't do a **** job with the shooting mechanics. Have a seat.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#9FinalWolfPosted 1/14/2013 2:05:28 PM
Hardcore man.
---
Fight the power.
(⌐◥▶_◀◤)
#10SlaveZero40Posted 1/14/2013 6:03:13 PM
I've been sniped through my shield twice. Treyarch intentionally made the shield suck. Placing it on the ground doesn't do much to rushers.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.