Dashboarding...

#1kissarmy132Posted 1/14/2013 9:28:52 PM
What is it? I searched the forums but couldnt find a topic with just a definition. I see a ton of people complaining about it, curious what it is.
---
"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul." - Jimmy V.
#2ODommPosted 1/14/2013 9:30:20 PM
If you do it, it's like the game never happened. You're stats aren't affected negatively with the 22 deaths and 7 kills you have, so most people take advantage of that.

I just quit normally though, don't give a **** about my stats.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#3kissarmy132(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:31:11 PM
but what does it mean when someone dashboards
---
"Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul." - Jimmy V.
#4TziggyxPosted 1/14/2013 9:34:19 PM
Guide Button > Y > Up > A
---
I am a survivor of Leukemia.
PSN: Tziggy GT: Tziggyx
#5MoegittoPosted 1/14/2013 9:40:13 PM
kissarmy132 posted...
but what does it mean when someone dashboards

It means exactly what the word says, you go back to the Xbox dashboard. Doing this cuts the connection with the server and erases the current game data. You still take a loss but whatever other stats you had in that one match you lose. Pretty much kids or childish adults to it because they can't handle someone killing them one time in a match. you can tell if a host dashboards because the infamous "connection interrupted" will pop up on the screen and you'll either jump or stutter across the map until it resets. Host migration happens when the host just regularly quits a match.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121