I honestly don't like this game because of this (sorry for another rant)

#11HereticKitsunePosted 1/15/2013 12:05:39 PM(edited)
I just took a break. Probably will be an extended one. I'm enjoying the SNES lately.

Have you played Secret of Mana?

Play Secret of Mana.

Hell, play Seiken Densetsu 3 while you're at it, if you liked Secret of Mana. There's an English-patched ROM that's really easy to find.
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#12BrostachePosted 1/15/2013 12:20:46 PM
Littleshrtstout posted...

I never camped. I always rush, especially MW3. I can't in this game. Simply because of those instances where you find someone who sees you as well (1v1) and you both start shooting (or even I damage him first)... kill cam shows me being behind and reacting like an idiot....
I can't rush well in this game. That's the point.

in the video you linked the rusher has the advantage, and the camper is at a disadvantage.

So i assumed you were mad because yur corner camping wasnt working.

There is always going to be some lag, but its a 2 way street... others probably say the same thing when you kill them.

If the lag is considerably bad i just try to avoid head on fights and rely on flanking, then join a new lobby at the end. Dont have a ton of experience with other cods so i cant really compare... but it is what it is, lag varies from game to game.

I just set my connection preferences to best, and hope for the best.

If you are in premade groups, maybe you have a bad ping to someone in your group and they are pulling host. I know i feel like i get a better connection when i play solo.
#13eddiethemcPosted 1/15/2013 12:32:28 PM
I feel the same way, I play on 14 sensitivity and aim like a son of a gun, but try as I might I can't keep my K/D above 1.74 because of this ridiculously broken system. For people who play aggressively like you and myself this game appears way more broken because instances in previous games where your skill and reflexes could save you are replaced by hum drum head on encounters where you get the first and second shots on them before they fire and it seems they magically blow you up with 2 PDW shots.

I'm convinced it's a combination of bad maps making predictable encounters that are then governed by connection but initially influenced by both players seeing each other before coming around the corner and then the icing on the cake is the badly synced hitboxes.

This game is the biggest joke for anyone looking for competitive and fair gameplay. So inconsistent. The entire affair seems designed for 12 year olds whom never get kills otherwise and can't notice the blatant abuse by the system in place.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#14aheroafakePosted 1/15/2013 12:42:35 PM
I completely agree TC. You hit the nail on the head, most definitely.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#15andrewk531Posted 1/15/2013 12:58:09 PM
eh
#16NejiHyuga900Posted 1/15/2013 2:15:19 PM
Littleshrtstout posted...
ehh

My response now to everything in this game :\
:p

Even the campaign? But the BO2 campaign was amazing (I don't know about story-wise but replay value is amazing IMO).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#17Littleshrtstout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:03:02 PM
in the video you linked the rusher has the advantage, and the camper is at a disadvantage.

So i assumed you were mad because yur corner camping wasnt working.

There is always going to be some lag, but its a 2 way street... others probably say the same thing when you kill them.

If the lag is considerably bad i just try to avoid head on fights and rely on flanking, then join a new lobby at the end. Dont have a ton of experience with other cods so i cant really compare... but it is what it is, lag varies from game to game.

I just set my connection preferences to best, and hope for the best.

If you are in premade groups, maybe you have a bad ping to someone in your group and they are pulling host. I know i feel like i get a better connection when i play solo.

It doesn't matter if you're rushing or not when you're the one with the disadvantage (being a second behind the actual real-time game). I've played this game long enough and tried to adapt to getting used to being on the bad end of it. I cannot rush like in past games or expect to win certain gun fights at all in BO2. I mean, I still do rush, only compared to older games I play so much slower in this game, I don't like it.

Yeah, I admitted that maybe sometimes I am the one ahead and the enemy is behind. Sometimes I do notice this, when I clearly was supposed to die but either due to the lag comp or a miss-aim I lived long enough to shoot them back. Still, that only happens once in a blue moon. I wish I were exaggerating when I said it's about 80% of my games. I don't know what causes it or why my connection apparently makes it so.

Whenever I sometimes watch youtube videos of people playing this game... it's surprising to me how much faster they can kill people (they don't have to be shooting an extra second or so because they are actually shooting the hit box, they aren't a second behind shooting where they "see" the hit box.) I get sick watching how easy/quick it is sometimes. :\

I set my connection preferences to best and no difference, (honestly as expected).
Since you haven't played any past CoD's then I guess you really don't know how much has drastically changed.
Even now, I can go back to any past Call of Duty and play perfect but it's only BO2 that I experience this and it's annoying.

sigh....
ehh

---
TheYesYEsShow
#18Littleshrtstout(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:06:33 PM(edited)
Even the campaign? But the BO2 campaign was amazing (I don't know about story-wise but replay value is amazing IMO).

I don't know if it's cause I'm getting older to the point of just not caring anymore but this is the Only CoD campaign I still never finished. I admit, I like the new RPG-like system. Story wise....

ehh

I don't know.
---
TheYesYEsShow
#19TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/15/2013 4:17:37 PM
This game is the absolute WORST CoD I've ever owned (all since 3 except mw3) in terms of quality. I've felt like that for quite awhile now, but working on Bloodthirsty medals for the combat knife today took it to another level. I have never seen so many swipes miss from point blank range. If the dumbasses didn't like the knife, they should've taken it out the game altogether.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#20Marcavious614Posted 1/15/2013 4:19:54 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I just took a break. Probably will be an extended one. I'm enjoying the SNES lately.

Yeah I started playing my psx lately