C/D: The best strat for any zombies map with PaP is to use only wall weapons.

#41Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:39:12 PM
tadmfpole posted...
A one shot kill is much much faster than kiting zombies in circles until you eventually wear down their health enough to kill them. Headshots or not, in late rounds wall weapons take much longer to kill than the ones you are disputing.

tl:dr

If you want to play for an absurd amount of time and get into high rounds, use wall weapons only. If you want to get there in half the time or less, use good weapons until ammo drops become too far between and then use what is available. By the time ammo is hard to come by points sure as hell are not unless you are doing something terribly wrong.

Except they don't. Stop talking out of your ass and actually try the weapons first. I don't know where wall weapons got this stigma for always sucking, but they guarantee wave 40 at the least.
#42SinCityKidPosted 1/17/2013 6:13:22 PM
If we're talking about going deep(rd40+) then it's a big fat DENY.

Tranzit lacks a hoard clearing weapon so PaP wall weapons are useful. But in any black ops 1 map, wall weapons should never be PaP'd. They are strictly for point making(Moon is only exception cuz of hacker to reduce ammo cost). The thunder/wave/baby/etc guns are used to take out hoards, and a wall smg is used to maintain point balance to be able to recycle the wonder weapons for further hoard killing.

You CAN use PaP weapons if you want, but what I want is to get to rd60 in six hours instead of ten.
#43Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:18:17 PM
SinCityKid posted...

Tranzit lacks a hoard clearing weapon so PaP wall weapons are useful. But in any black ops 1 map, wall weapons should never be PaP'd. They are strictly for point making(Moon is only exception cuz of hacker to reduce ammo cost). The thunder/wave/baby/etc guns are used to take out hoards, and a wall smg is used to maintain point balance to be able to recycle the wonder weapons for further hoard killing.

You CAN use PaP weapons if you want, but what I want is to get to rd60 in six hours instead of ten.

This isn't the Black Ops 1 board.
#44rippedclemenzaPosted 1/17/2013 6:20:27 PM
The 74u and M16 hold out just fine until like, round 30. Unless you lock yourself in the PaP room like a downy you shouldn't need huge LMGs or the executioner or anything fancy.
#45SinCityKidPosted 1/17/2013 6:25:34 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
SinCityKid posted...

This isn't the Black Ops 1 board.

Fair enough. I wasn't clear on the scope of your poll. The use of the words "any zombies maps" and then other posters discussing black ops 1 zombies maps, did that to me. I guess you mentioning any maps only including PaP should've cleared it up.

Anyways, I only partially agree/deny........I agree that one of your weapons has to be a PaP wall weapon, but the other should be a PaP hammer/galil/rpd
#46XxOblivion77Posted 1/17/2013 6:40:50 PM
While we're all here what's the best way to go through rounds as fast as possible? The problem with zombies is that it takes forever to get it started and then it takes forever to go from round to round. Advice?
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#47Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:44:28 PM
XxOblivion77 posted...
While we're all here what's the best way to go through rounds as fast as possible? The problem with zombies is that it takes forever to get it started and then it takes forever to go from round to round. Advice?

Headshots.
#48oReloadPosted 1/17/2013 6:47:04 PM
DSR is useless due to later rounds having limitless zombies (hyperbole). You'll run out of ammo and it'll take 2 shots to the head to take out 5-6+ zombies. Just like the voice of justice, these low capacity, high powered guns are useless at higher rounds and are out-matched by Wall Weapons + LMGs.
---
GT: Waleyy
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#49tadmfpolePosted 1/18/2013 3:21:42 AM
Except they don't. Stop talking out of your ass and actually try the weapons first. I don't know where wall weapons got this stigma for always sucking, but they guarantee wave 40 at the least.

I have used every wall weapon in every zombies map a more than enough to be very familiar with all of them. I am not saying they suck, I am saying they make the climb to high rounds take much longer, which you keep countering with headshots. I know how ammo drops are in the high rounds, been there and done that a million times since summer of 2009 when Shi no Numa turned me onto the fantastic game type that is zombies.

You are confusing the fact that wall weapons have ammo available at all times with wall weapons are the only option ever. Ammo is not a problem until late 20s in a really unlucky game, and early 30s on an average game. If you would rather circle/kite/headshot all game long from beginning to end with wall weapons, and find that fun or challenging or whatever, that is cool. Your poll asked why anyone else would not find this the best strat and I answered why I don't. Weapons like Voice of Justice make the climb to high rounds much faster and when ammo does become a problem you will have more than enough points to enable whatever you wish to do at that point.

Long story short, TIME.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#50Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/18/2013 3:27:57 AM
Keep 1 wall weapon, not two
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ