Most of the people who did the prestige glitch got reset and a harsh penalty

#31PharoahPelicanPosted 1/18/2013 10:23:19 AM
>Prestige glitches
>gets kills reset
>KDR remains the same

Like a boss.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#32Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/18/2013 10:28:49 AM
why does 3ARC punish people for a glitch that is nobodies fault but 3ARC's?
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#33EvilMeatBallNLPosted 1/18/2013 10:30:49 AM
curtland posted...
If that's true, it's hilarious.

My friend had a 7 day ban and his stats are ****ed up.

He is now level 27 with + 10 hours played, spm of 4 and a K/D and W/L of 0.03.
---
What's it like to have a robot ass?I mean, that's the only logical reason for an EMP nade to make you so butthurt right?
#34PharoahPelicanPosted 1/18/2013 10:32:07 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

Because regardless of whose fault it is, it's part of the TOS that you won't use glitches.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#35ShmagmuhPosted 1/18/2013 10:33:13 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

It is still cheating. If I left my door unlocked and someone broke in, does that mean it isn't a crime?
#36videogames2004Posted 1/18/2013 10:33:54 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
This will continue to blow my mind.

"What's that? Our game has glitches that can make it unplayable? Let's focus on banning people who glitch for a symbol next to their name instead of focusing on making the gameplay better."

While I completely agree with your sentiment, I think I can offer an explanation. Just look to professional sports. Most of the major pro sports in the US have strict policies with harsh penalties for performance enhancing drugs, but practically ignore criminal behavior by their players. Player drives drunk and kills innocent people, the league 'monitors the situation.' Player uses banned substance once - lengthy ban, huge fine, scorn, etc. In the grand scheme of things, however, killing people driving drunk is surely the greater evil than someone who wants to roll the dice with drugs. It is the drugs, however, that ruin the integrity of the game, which is the product the leagues are selling.

I think the point here is that Treyarch doesn't want ANY cheating going on, even if its something like this that doesn't really harm anyone, because they want to protect the integrity of their ranking and scoring systems.

But I also agree with you, for the majority of the user base, I think the bugs and poor connection issues are turning users off MUCH worse than anyone doing a stats copy or unlocking new items. I'm just suggesting where the misguided approach may be coming from.
#37ShmagmuhPosted 1/18/2013 10:38:07 AM
videogames2004 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
This will continue to blow my mind.

"What's that? Our game has glitches that can make it unplayable? Let's focus on banning people who glitch for a symbol next to their name instead of focusing on making the gameplay better."

While I completely agree with your sentiment, I think I can offer an explanation. Just look to professional sports. Most of the major pro sports in the US have strict policies with harsh penalties for performance enhancing drugs, but practically ignore criminal behavior by their players. Player drives drunk and kills innocent people, the league 'monitors the situation.' Player uses banned substance once - lengthy ban, huge fine, scorn, etc. In the grand scheme of things, however, killing people driving drunk is surely the greater evil than someone who wants to roll the dice with drugs. It is the drugs, however, that ruin the integrity of the game, which is the product the leagues are selling.

I think the point here is that Treyarch doesn't want ANY cheating going on, even if its something like this that doesn't really harm anyone, because they want to protect the integrity of their ranking and scoring systems.

But I also agree with you, for the majority of the user base, I think the bugs and poor connection issues are turning users off MUCH worse than anyone doing a stats copy or unlocking new items. I'm just suggesting where the misguided approach may be coming from.

In actuality Donte Stallworth was suspended the entire '09 season.
#38beerhammer1Posted 1/18/2013 10:41:04 AM
That's awesome news!
#39shadowsofdawnPosted 1/18/2013 10:43:57 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Dontogan posted...
^ Huge contradiction there

How does someone being a Prestige Master with 10 hours played make the game unplayable for anyone

It devalues prestige master is a ton of people are running around with it thanks to a glitch. This is true regardless of how much value you presonally put in prestige master (or prestige in general).
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#40towlie_420Posted 1/18/2013 10:48:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]