i dont get how Treyarch did the scoring for Kill Confirmed. its so stupid

#1XT3M3Posted 1/15/2013 11:49:54 PM
Kill = + 50
Confirming = + 100
TEAM MATE CONFIRMING = + 25?

WTF?

so if i get the kill and COnfirm i get 150 points
but i get the kill and my team ate runs to steal my tags i only half the total at 75 point?

so the guy doing all the work can literally get LESS points in a game than the free loader who just happens to be faster then the guy killing people or happens to be at the right place at the right time.

they need to fix this. <_<
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#2ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/15/2013 11:52:24 PM
I believe this problem was brought up on launch day and still hasn't been fixed.

Don't expect anything honestly.

Can't tell you how many times I've picked up a nice killfeed only to see that randumb with lightweight and extreme conditioning running around diving on all the tags.
#3Foxx3kPosted 1/15/2013 11:52:56 PM
The person doing the work is the person that gets the tag, not the person who gets the kill.

Like all other game modes, objectives are worth more than kills.

That said, I wish there was a proximity thing. All that should matter is that players try to get the tags. I hate it when another player bumps into me and keeps me from grabbing my tag. The points should promote players grabbing their tags, not fighting to steal them. That said, I think that if a player is within [x] meters of a tag resulting from his kill, the values should be switched so that the slayer gets +100 and the pickup gets +25.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/15/2013 11:53:32 PM
What would you like the Teammates Confirmed Kill points to be?
I think if it was 100, it would be broken. 50-75 seems good to me.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#5url54mvpPosted 1/15/2013 11:57:29 PM
In a perfect world, who cares who gets the darn tag? It is a team game and confirming kills is helping the team. But I know in prior versions of MW that people complained about people camping and not claiming tags so maybe they are trying to force people to not camp and claim their own tags.
#6ICantNameGudPosted 1/16/2013 12:01:02 AM
Only read OP. I agree. If I snipe , LMG or even SMG or AR without lighweight as a perks, ADHD kiddies beat me to every tag. They should be either 50 ir 75 points with the way this game is, it's BS. I just steal everyone's tags as much as I can because I know they'll do it to me.

LOLCOD
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#7Lerp85Posted 1/16/2013 12:02:46 AM
If I remember right you get more xp once the game is over for all the tags a teammate collected. So not sure what the huge deal is.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#8XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 12:02:48 AM
Foxx3k posted...
The person doing the work is the person that gets the tag, not the person who gets the kill.

That said, I wish there was a proximity thing. All that should matter is that players try to get the tags. I hate it when another player bumps into me and keeps me from grabbing my tag. The points should promote players grabbing their tags, not fighting to steal them. That said, I think that if a player is within [x] meters of a tag resulting from his kill, the values should be switched so that the slayer gets +100 and the pickup gets +25.

i was actually thinking about that idea

HeartlessCharms posted...
What would you like the Teammates Confirmed Kill points to be?
I think if it was 100, it would be broken. 50-75 seems good to me.

the kill you got is 50
the confirm is 25.

i make the confirm at least 50 <_<

url54mvp posted...
In a perfect world, who cares who gets the darn tag? It is a team game and confirming kills is helping the team. But I know in prior versions of MW that people complained about people camping and not claiming tags so maybe they are trying to force people to not camp and claim their own tags.

im glad people are playing OBJ but award the person DOING the KILLING the points needed then to reward the free loader
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#9ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/16/2013 12:04:46 AM
Foxx3k posted...

DONT MAKE TREYARCH DO COMPLEX ALGORITHMS FOR THE GAME! They obviously don't know what they're doing yet...

I think 75 for the person who gets the tags, and 50 for the person who got the kill would be fair. That way if you got the kill and the tag it'd be 125, if you got the kill and someone else got the tag you'd get 100 and they would get 75.

You know how many people camped tags in MW3 and this definitely has eliminated it.
#10ChoCoLaTiZeD_Posted 1/16/2013 12:05:11 AM
I think it should be the other way around........

Kill = 100 points
Confirm = 50 points
Teammate Confirm = 25 points
---
GT: ChoCoLaTiZeD