Remember when BF3 was going to kill CoD?

#131RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/17/2013 11:38:12 PM
Just jumped back on BF3 for the first time since OPS2 came out. Forgot how awesome it was. And guess what folks........ NO LAG. Aftermath DLC maps are pretty sick.

Activision needs to man the **** up and give us dedicated servers.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#132Insta-Skill-627Posted 1/17/2013 11:39:01 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Hmph. In my mind, Battlefield 3 beat Modern Warfare 3.

This
#133SlaveZero40Posted 1/17/2013 11:45:28 PM
Seriously guys check this out. It's not exactly lag. It's Latency tacked on to this broken mechanic that is supposed to be a camera.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5837

Yes. CoD is horrible but this crap makes it unplayable.
Battlefield doesn't have much "Lag" because it is just a better game. The Developers weren't dumb enough to overlook this problem.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#134GreatKiraLordPosted 1/18/2013 12:01:21 AM
Lol
People are still talking about how COD is better than BF3?
You clearly have no put much time into BF3 if you did at all.
#135RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/18/2013 9:39:39 AM
Insta-Skill-627 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
Hmph. In my mind, Battlefield 3 beat Modern Warfare 3.

This

Its not even close.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#136J1miPosted 1/21/2013 2:50:18 PM
Did for me. When I first played a BF game, I have never since touched a CoD game.
---
''I enjoy it... There's something mildly therapeutic about beating the **** out of something with a golf club.'' -Burn-the-light
#137SAMCROftwPosted 1/21/2013 4:39:01 PM
If you havin' lag problems I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but COD ain't one

yeaaaaaaaa Battlefield 3 <3
#138SpydogKPosted 1/27/2013 1:52:26 AM
It did do major damage.

It reminded people that COD is not the only shooter on the planet...

It sold 15 million copies.

It won the head to head contest on IGN.

It did everything EA wanted it to do. It beat out COD quality wise and sold millions... What more did you want from BF3? Do you seriously think the COD Killer game was going to make people literally STOP buying COD instantly?

BF3 has planted the seed. As a COD fan who has bought every single COD game since PC 2003, I am honest with myself enough to admit that BF3 is the best military FPS out currently, easily being a better game than both of the last COD games.

Just my two cents.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#139Aether_LyricPosted 1/27/2013 2:00:37 AM
kennyindy posted...
It did do major damage.

It did everything EA wanted it to do. It beat out COD quality wise and sold millions... What more did you want from BF3? Do you seriously think the COD Killer game was going to make people literally STOP buying COD instantly?

BF3 has planted the seed. As a COD fan who has bought every single COD game since PC 2003, I am honest with myself enough to admit that BF3 is the best military FPS out currently, easily being a better game than both of the last COD games.

Just my two cents.

How did it do major damage to CoD when it's failing to beat MW2 in popularity, a 4 year old entry in the series? lol, come on now. 15 million copies and it hasn't hurt CoD at all.

It didn't beat CoD in quality either, but opinions are opinions. MW3 got better review scores and maintained hundreds of thousands more players throughout the year.
#140arena11Posted 1/27/2013 2:47:46 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
kennyindy posted...
It did do major damage.

Just my two cents.

How did it do major damage to CoD when it's failing to beat MW2 in popularity, a 4 year old entry in the series? lol, come on now. 15 million copies and it hasn't hurt CoD at all.

It didn't beat CoD in quality either, but opinions are opinions. MW3 got better review scores and maintained hundreds of thousands more players throughout the year.

At the time, MW3's flaws were not known. Professional scores = paid off, and common man = they know jack about game design and programming.