Remember when BF3 was going to kill CoD?

#51PharoahPelicanPosted 1/16/2013 4:13:10 PM
SnarfMySnarf posted...
Do people seriously care about this? LMFAO

Granted I'm not a sports fan. but that seems like it should have been a pretty big penalty. Dude pushed another dude down. By his face.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#52st8gunnerPosted 1/16/2013 4:19:58 PM
Opinion of mine: BF3 takes a giant steamer on COD's chest.

COD = people running in circles hip spraying with SMG's, and the person with the best connection (or worst, if in BO2) wins.

I play them both, BO2 more so because it's still relatively new to me.
---
...and when that day comes that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
#53Aadrian1234Posted 1/16/2013 4:32:46 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
http://majornelson.com/2013/01/09/live-activity-for-week-of-december-31st/

CoD still won

There is a difference between people playing something because it is a popular brand, and people playing something because they enjoy it, despite any bad reputation for playing it

Not implying that anyone or even myself don't have fun playing COD, its most of the community playing it because of the brand. Make a game just like COD, no one will buy it. Why? Because it isn't called COD.
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth Message me via PSN Xbox live or i will ignore the request
3DS: 0817-4248-5560 PM me your FC if you add me
#54ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 4:42:02 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
http://majornelson.com/2013/01/09/live-activity-for-week-of-december-31st/

CoD still won

There is a difference between people playing something because it is a popular brand, and people playing something because they enjoy it, despite any bad reputation for playing it

Not implying that anyone or even myself don't have fun playing COD, its most of the community playing it because of the brand. Make a game just like COD, no one will buy it. Why? Because it isn't called COD.

If that was true, then it just means there is more pleasure to be gained from social interaction than through gameplay. Therefor, we should all stop playing games and have way more fun socializing.
#55ObviousssPosted 1/16/2013 4:46:21 PM
The only thing that matters about CoD's gameplay at this point is the fact that it's fast paced and 60fps and you shoot other people with guns in it. They could do almost anything they wanted with the game, as long as it looks like CoD, feels like CoD, and has the CoD name attached.

this franchise needs to die
---
Corvolt
http://i.imgur.com/51CuH.gif
#56ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:09:59 PM
Obviousss posted...
The only thing that matters about CoD's gameplay at this point is the fact that it's fast paced and 60fps and you shoot other people with guns in it. They could do almost anything they wanted with the game, as long as it looks like CoD, feels like CoD, and has the CoD name attached.

Chill, taste nazi
#57PharoahPelicanPosted 1/16/2013 5:10:02 PM
st8gunner posted...
Opinion of mine: BF3 takes a giant steamer on COD's chest.

COD = people running in circles hip spraying with SMG's, and the person with the best connection (or worst, if in BO2) wins.

I play them both, BO2 more so because it's still relatively new to me.

---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#58home352Posted 1/16/2013 5:18:03 PM
Compare BO2 and Battlefield 3 on Xbox and tell me who wins.

Then do the same for the PC and tell me who wins.

Battlefield will win on PC, I assure you. Considering barely anybody plays the PC version of Black Ops 2.... which makes me sad.
---
GILGAMESH: The master of swords, and destroyer of men.
He's a ****ing AWESOME god, man.
#59Silver17Posted 1/16/2013 5:18:39 PM
Obviousss posted...

^ See I got a big problem with this. People wanting the series to die just for the sake of wanting the series to die. <_<

If and when a better FPS comes along then people will move to it (Just like how COD4 changed things), but it needs to be a gamechanger FPS just like COD4 was for it to make a difference.

Till then, go find a game you like playing and quit hatin already...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#60ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:23:53 PM
home352 posted...
Compare BO2 and Battlefield 3 on Xbox and tell me who wins.

Then do the same for the PC and tell me who wins.

Battlefield will win on PC, I assure you. Considering barely anybody plays the PC version of Black Ops 2.... which makes me sad.

Can you get a number of PC BF3 players?