What's your K/D and what's your FAL setup?

#1NoodleStudPosted 1/16/2013 12:52:41 PM
Just curious.
My K/D is 1.43 so it's nothing special.
My favorite FAL setup is...I don't have one.
Since so many peeps were talking about it, I was thinking about using it more.
But I have no idea what the "best" setup is.
I definitely want to keep select fire.
Stock is awesome but with the select fire taking a slot, I'm hving 10-slot dilemma.
I guess the notable attachments are target finder (ugh), stock, silencer, reflex.
I don't know how good stock is for FAL.
I don't know how important silencer is for FAL.
#2fallenKlNGPosted 1/16/2013 1:00:38 PM
.74 I'm pretty new to this game obviously. I just recently started using the FAL, and I'm running:

FAL with silencer, select fire (mandatory imo), target finder

perks: Lightweight, Toughness, Engineer
tacticals: two Concussions

I'm doing my first prestige so I'm at level 42 right now. Once I've leveled up, I'm thinking about replacing Lightweight with Ghost, or removing one concussion and Lightweight for Scavenger and Perk 2 Wildcard.

It's funny how many people question your sexuality for using the FAL with select fire and target finder. Fortunately and unfortunately for me, I suck at this game so I've never had this problem (yet). I just know that this setup (the gun setup, not my perks and tacticals) is generally frowned upon for being too OP.

I'm really enjoying the FAL so far. It has almost no recoil even with select fire, it has great range, and it kills SMG users at close range with only two bullets. Basically, the FAL does great at all ranges, making it my fav weapon so far.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#3CmorningWoodPosted 1/16/2013 1:02:24 PM

Red Dot/Grip/Select Fire.
---
GamerTag: CraigBeGrizz
#4puzzlefitePosted 1/16/2013 1:04:53 PM
NoodleStud posted...
Just curious.
My K/D is 1.43 so it's nothing special.
My favorite FAL setup is...I don't have one.
Since so many peeps were talking about it, I was thinking about using it more.
But I have no idea what the "best" setup is.
I definitely want to keep select fire.
Stock is awesome but with the select fire taking a slot, I'm hving 10-slot dilemma.
I guess the notable attachments are target finder (ugh), stock, silencer, reflex.
I don't know how good stock is for FAL.
I don't know how important silencer is for FAL.

This is the problem I have. I really like the FAL + SF, but AN 94 can do what I need done 80% as well for 1 less attachment so it's still a toss up for me.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#5FunKeeJPosted 1/16/2013 1:05:27 PM
IMHO, you don't need the silencer.
With FAL, you shouldn't be rushing/going balls deep into the enemy's spawn like you do with the SMG. select fire/target finder is nice if you want to seriously take a comfortable seat at the end of the map to pick people off. However, if you want to "rush" or move around more, which I find to be more effective, I'd use the select fire/stock. I've also seen some people actually use the quickdraw+dexterity and just go ape**** in close-medium range.
But overall, I'd go with the following setup.
And my K/D is 2.3. My K/D with the FAL is 2.8 and I have over 2000 kills with it.

FAL with Stock/Select fire

Ghost/Hardline
Toughness/Scavenger (Toughness is soooo good for FAL)

C4

ghost can be taken off but I just get paranoid even when I don't have the silencer on...as I hate UAV
---
PSN: FunKeeJ
#6GreatKiraLordPosted 1/16/2013 1:13:11 PM(edited)
select fire+target finder = very campy playstyle (not saying it's bad) but you will have less number of kills than many but maintain high K/D. And your sexuality will be constantly questioned by your peers.

select fire+stock = overall the best setup imho.

You have significant amoutn of range without the silencer.
And you really won't be getting into people's faces with the FAL so I really don't see too big of an adv of th silencer. You could add on the target finder, reflex, MMS, or whatever as the third attachment though.

Ah my K/D is 2.5 and my K/D with FAL is 2.6 with around 5k kills I believe.
My most used gun is the PDW so I like to go full out rush happy so I had a hard time adjusting to the FAL's appropriate playstyle.
#7RandomTrampPosted 1/16/2013 1:11:17 PM
My latest FAL set-up is

FAL
Stock
Suppressor
Select Fire

Primary Gunfighter

Ghost (KC, TDM) or Flak Jacket (Dom)
Toughness
Engineer

C4
EMP

If I drop Select Fire and PGF, I add Scav and perk 2 greed.

I have 2.2ish with the FAL, which is 2nd highest behind Mk48 and just ahead of AN-94.
#8slaveanselmoPosted 1/16/2013 1:14:15 PM
Silencer/stock Art of War.

Sight doesn't hurt if you don't mind sacrificing.
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#9chessmyantidrugPosted 1/16/2013 1:16:19 PM(edited)
My overall KD is 1.45, 1.50 with the FAL OSW. Here's my FAL OSW class:

FAL OSW with stock
Ghost/Blind Eye
Scavenger
Engineer
Frag
EMP x2

When I unlock the suppressor, I drop an EMP grenade for it. Ghost keeps me off the radar and Blind Eye protects me from those pesky Hunter Killer drones. Engineer shows me where people are roasting marshmallows while Scavenger and EMP grenades allow me to put their campfire out. When I prestige the weapon, I usually run Dexterity with Perk 3 Greed until I get the weapon back to level 7.

Edit: I prefer to have the Combat Knife in lieu of a secondary for the extra sprint distance. It helps me get to certain points quicker at the beginning of the game and get the extra XP from First Blood.
#10slaveanselmoPosted 1/16/2013 1:15:40 PM
I don't think SF is necessary.. You get it late in your unlocks and by then you should be used to not using it. Especially if you prestige your weapons.
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..