The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

If you use any of the weapons mentioned in this topic, this advice will help.

#1Gallis_OTKPosted 1/17/2013 3:50:31 PM
THE WEAPONS: all stats taken from http://symthic.com/cod-bo2-weapon-charts
+ MP7
+ Vector K10
+ Chicom CQB
+ Skorpion EVO
+ Type 25
+ M27
+ M8A1**

THE ADVICE:
On any class using the above guns, include either Stun, Flash, or EMP grenades as your tactical and use them on your enemies. A lot.

THE REASONING:
Within their effective ranges, the above guns do exactly 33 damage per bullet. Normally this falls barely short of a three-shot kill, since three bullets would to 99 damage and players have 100 health in core modes. But there is an easy way to account for that missing point of damage and turn the above guns into three-shot kills: use a Stun, Flash or EMP grenade on the target and then shoot them.

**NOTE: the M8A1 does have a small range where it does 35 damage but drops off to 33 very quickly and stays there for a while

Any enemy that is the area of effect from these tacticals is hit for one point of damage upon their detonation, and it takes a few seconds for them to regenerate even this single point of health. So by catching the enemy with one of these tacticals first, the listed weapons turn into three-shot kills with much higher rates of fire than the other weapons in their category, greatly increasing their destructive power.

Another use for this strategy is if you get three bullets from these guns into the enemy but are forced to reload before the fourth can connect. Instead of taking all the time to reload, just chuck your tactical grenade nearby to finish them off in a hilariously humiliating way. With both of these methods, Fast Hands is very helpful. Optional, but helpful.

Take note that even if the enemy in question has Tactical Mask (or Hard Wired) for resistance to the adverse effects of these grenades, the one point of damage from the aforementioned tactical grenades will still be done and will still aid the guns in achieving a three-shot kill.

THE CHOICE:
Choosing which of these three tacticals to use for this method is a tough choice. Here are the benefits and drawbacks of each one:

+ Stun grenades make the afflicted target much easier to hit by slowing their movement.
- However, they also have the smallest radius of effect, and stunning yourself by accident can be a fatal mistake.
+ Flashbangs impair the target's ability to retaliate against you and have a wider radius than Stuns.
- However, this large area of effect can often lead to being caught in the radius yourself. They are also thrown slower.
+ EMP grenades can also destroy equipment, are thrown fastest, and their area of effect can extend through surfaces.
- However, they don't hinder the enemy's ability to shoot back as much as Stuns or Flashbangs.

THE TESTING METHOD:
I went into a custom TDM game with two players. The first player (the tester) is using a Chicom CQB on its normal three-round burst mode and would use the tacticals on the second player (the testee) for their effects and then shoot them with one burst. The Chicom would only one-burst kill with the aid of the tactical grenades' effects. I had the testee use two different classes for the test: one with Tactical Mask and Hard Wired, and one without them. I'll try to get a youtube video to verify it, if I can.

THE CONCLUSION:
If you really like to use any of the guns mentioned in this topic, use this advice well.
Stuns, Flashbangs, and EMP grenades are your friend and will help you kill enemies much faster and easier.

http://i.imgur.com/3H4Xv.gif
---
Not changing this line of my sig until (The) Ryback's hunger is satisfied - started 9/24/12
http://i.imgur.com/3a9zc.gif
#2fallenKlNGPosted 1/17/2013 3:55:41 PM
I use the Scorpion with a concussion and scavenger so I get unlimited concussions. Despite that, I rarely find an opportunity to throw the concussion. Whenever you run into an enemy, they're usually right on your face, and throwing a concussion will give them more than enough time to kill you.

Idealistically, I'd use a concussion for every close combat gun fight, but the opportunity just doesn't always come up.

Also, umm.... not trying to be rude here and I apologize if it sounds mean, but don't you think that advice is kind of obvious? Surely everyone knows that throwing a tactical will help you win a gunfight at close range with SMGs, right?
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#3Gallis_OTK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:58:08 PM
Also, umm.... not trying to be rude here and I apologize if it sounds mean, but don't you think that advice is kind of obvious? Surely everyone knows that throwing a tactical will help you win a gunfight at close range with SMGs, right?

A fair opinion. Most people know about the adverse effects, but very few I've talked to actually knew about the damage from the tacticals making a whole bullet's difference in the time-to-kill.
---
Not changing this line of my sig until (The) Ryback's hunger is satisfied - started 9/24/12
#4fatclemenzaPosted 1/17/2013 3:58:56 PM

I don't think you understand the point of the topic. 3 shots from aforementioned guns = 99 damage. Tactical Grenade = 1 damage. See where this is going?
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#5Stormkid5Posted 1/17/2013 4:10:14 PM
It seems surprising how many EMP kills I've had, about 5 or 6. Not direct impacts, just the detonation.
---
//NVBM//
Everything above is opinion unless otherwise stated as fact
#6slaveanselmoPosted 1/17/2013 4:16:53 PM
Whats wrong with the MSMC that it doesn't benefit from your "research"?
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#7fatclemenzaPosted 1/17/2013 4:17:40 PM

THE REASONING:
Within their effective ranges, the above guns do exactly 33 damage per bullet. Normally this falls barely short of a three-shot kill, since three bullets would to 99 damage and players have 100 health in core modes. But there is an easy way to account for that missing point of damage and turn the above guns into three-shot kills: use a Stun, Flash or EMP grenade on the target and then shoot them.

---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#8FeelMyBladePosted 1/17/2013 4:19:42 PM
Sounds like some pretty good advice.

I will try it out tonight.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#9Gallis_OTK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:20:32 PM

It normally does 35 damage, which is a three-shot kill already and nowhere near a two-shot kill.
---
#10slaveanselmoPosted 1/17/2013 4:20:38 PM
Played some Core earlier with the M8 and either you can't do math or I can't do math because I neveronce got a one burst kill with that POS (to be fair I was running no perks/attachments, it isn't too bad of a gun but like everything else the gameplay kills it)
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..