POLL: Which attachment is superior for the Assault Rifles? Stock or Quickdraw?

#21skinnyclemenzaPosted 1/17/2013 8:29:39 PM
The amount of misinformation in this topic makes me want to bang my head against this box of doughnuts next to me

Jesus Christ
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#22tgoudyPosted 1/17/2013 8:35:37 PM
Quickdraw is good, and you're right that first shot usually wins. The problem is that you are usually facing an Smg user who is firing from the hip. In that case, you are still going to be behind even with the faster ads. If you are already adsing comig around the corner, then you now have the advantage.
#23known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:43:45 AM
tgoudy posted...
Quickdraw is good, and you're right that first shot usually wins. The problem is that you are usually facing an Smg user who is firing from the hip. In that case, you are still going to be behind even with the faster ads. If you are already adsing comig around the corner, then you now have the advantage.

I guess you have a point there. I know I run both quickdraw and dexterity but the odds of an SMG user using Dexterity is extremely high. I do believe the odds of me surviving CQC battles with SMG users with ARs is by running quickdraw and dexterity. It saves my live many times.... I guess I'm just different from others.
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#24chessmyantidrugPosted 1/18/2013 4:58:49 AM
Joke topic? Stock all the way. I ADS before popping a corner. I can't think of a single instance where quickdraw would be more beneficial.
#25known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:10:09 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
Joke topic? Stock all the way. I ADS before popping a corner. I can't think of a single instance where quickdraw would be more beneficial.

No? Also... Head to Head gun fight?
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#26ih0tfireiPosted 1/18/2013 5:21:54 AM
known2FAIL posted...
I just don't see how the stock really helps? Sure you strafe faster while ADS but it isn't that much faster. Even with the connection problems the difference is negligible. It isn't as powerful as Stalker was in MW3. Quickdraw however helps A LOT. Especially paired with Dexterity.

Dexterity is one of the most overrated perks in this game. It encourages bad play and its only better than dead silence/awareness in the third perk slot. Outside of the quick climb, dexterity only decreases the time needed to shoot while Sprinting. It doesnt do anything for ads speed and it doesn't increase the shooting speed while walking.

With AR's your not running around like a idiot so dexterity is pointless(it already is mostly). Stock gives you increased movement while aiming and a huge advantage near corners/rounding corners.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#27chessmyantidrugPosted 1/18/2013 5:35:24 AM
known2FAIL posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...

No? Also... Head to Head gun fight?

In a head-to-head CQC gunfight, you'll probably fire from the hip. If it's mid-range or longer, you're going to want the mobility. Even in CQC, I'd much rather have the mobility.
#28OrlandoMagicianPosted 1/18/2013 6:54:19 AM
Stock for abusing the lag and stuff. Quickdraw isn't that great imo and I'd pick either mag attachments before quickdraw almost every time.
#29ValeriumPosted 1/18/2013 7:27:59 AM
How can people seriously say quickdraw, that is seriously barely noticable the stock on the other hand is a must have for ARs and LMGs.
#30ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/18/2013 12:36:22 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
known2FAIL posted...
I just don't see how the stock really helps? Sure you strafe faster while ADS but it isn't that much faster. Even with the connection problems the difference is negligible. It isn't as powerful as Stalker was in MW3. Quickdraw however helps A LOT. Especially paired with Dexterity.

Dexterity is one of the most overrated perks in this game. It encourages bad play and its only better than dead silence/awareness in the third perk slot. Outside of the quick climb, dexterity only decreases the time needed to shoot while Sprinting. It doesnt do anything for ads speed and it doesn't increase the shooting speed while walking.

With AR's your not running around like a idiot so dexterity is pointless(it already is mostly). Stock gives you increased movement while aiming and a huge advantage near corners/rounding corners.

I don't know, man. I'm a really aggressive player who does a LOT of sprinting (no, I'm not bad, either)...even with ARs. I know that might not be the way they're meant to be used, but I still am effective with it, and I find that playstyle more enjoyable. Therefore, I use Dexterity on every class. I also use Engineer as well, though.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."