Dragonfire should be buffed

#11BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/18/2013 4:34:43 AM
Emp nade out.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#12gwetmore4523Posted 1/18/2013 4:36:11 AM
I agree with this statement. The dragonfire is complete garbage especially for how high of a scorestreak. I'm not sure if it's the netcode but you get hitmarkers for days when trying to kill people with this thing and they can usually take you out in 3-4 bullets.

I've been trying to get my 50 kills with it to get the calling card but it's so damn useless that I typically only bother when I've prestiged.
---
PSN - W3tm0G
XBL - xM0G
#13chessmyantidrugPosted 1/18/2013 4:38:49 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
Believe what you will. If you ever tried taking out a BO RC-XD with bullets you know the situation (*you shoot 45 rounds from a FAMAS* RC-XD uses Trollface *It is super-effective*).

If lag comp/communism/whatever the game uses is on your side then you can drop them in single digit bullets, if it isn't it can lead to an incredible immortal Dragonfire (I once had a team of four guys shooting into one of them, it kept one-hitting us, while the hundreds of bullets didn't do a damn thing against it, we finally had to kill it with an AA Launcher since it just would not ****ing die. Every single person in that team had decent stats in previous CoDs).

I never had a problem shooting RC-XDs. The trick was to aim in front of them and let them drive into your bullets. I got more kills with RC-XDs from destroying them than I did using them.

Lag compensation doesn't take sides. Clearly you don't understand what lag compensation is.
#14BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/18/2013 4:48:21 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
Halo_Forever posted...
Believe what you will. If you ever tried taking out a BO RC-XD with bullets you know the situation (*you shoot 45 rounds from a FAMAS* RC-XD uses Trollface *It is super-effective*).

If lag comp/communism/whatever the game uses is on your side then you can drop them in single digit bullets, if it isn't it can lead to an incredible immortal Dragonfire (I once had a team of four guys shooting into one of them, it kept one-hitting us, while the hundreds of bullets didn't do a damn thing against it, we finally had to kill it with an AA Launcher since it just would not ****ing die. Every single person in that team had decent stats in previous CoDs).

I never had a problem shooting RC-XDs. The trick was to aim in front of them and let them drive into your bullets. I got more kills with RC-XDs from destroying them than I did using them.

Lag compensation doesn't take sides. Clearly you don't understand what lag compensation is.

Lag compensation is like the big electron.
It doesn't punish, doesn't reward, it doesn't judge at all. It just is, and so are we, for a little while.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#15BansheeNTDmodePosted 1/18/2013 4:54:03 AM
They should make it so that only the fhj launcher can blow it up. It seems cheap that bullets take it down considering i need to shoot 10 of these for a challenge and pesky teammates do it for lousy points
#16DawgwoodPosted 1/18/2013 6:40:53 AM
I think it's perfectly fine. You know going in, same as guardian/sentry/etc, that all it takes to get rid of it is a handful of bullets or an EMP to dispatch it with ease. It is what it is, sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't work at all depending on who you're playing. That's exactly how it should be.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#17QualiTPosted 1/18/2013 6:44:02 AM
I have gotten 12 of these things. I have 6 kills with them.

I'm bad with it.

Also quick Q, does anyone know what type of scorestreaks the dragonfire can destroy for the emblem? I know it can destroy a VTOL warship, but what else can it destroy?
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#18QualiTPosted 1/18/2013 6:44:02 AM
I have gotten 12 of these things. I have 6 kills with them.

I'm bad with it.

Also quick Q, does anyone know what type of scorestreaks the dragonfire can destroy for the emblem? I know it can destroy a VTOL warship, but what else can it destroy?
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#19LedMikeWPosted 1/18/2013 7:05:00 AM
In my experience if you're shooting at guys and not landing kills pretty quickly with the dragonfire then you're probably lagging and just need to lead your targets. Probably the same is true of shooting them down. That said I agree it could use a slight armor buff. But it really shouldn't take much more than it does to bring one down as is.
#20murdokthegreatPosted 1/18/2013 7:08:39 AM
Actually, someone on these boards posted a link to a breakdown analysis of each scorestreak and how efficient it was (in respect to the score/average kill ratio), and the dragonfires were very efficient according to the data. (Averaging over 3 kills per use)

It was #4 on the list surpassed by lodestar, swarm, and dogs.