M8A1 w/Select Fire vs Type 25

#1RandomTrampPosted 1/18/2013 8:44:52 AM
Just a quick question, if anyone can offer some advice...

Is a suppressed M8A1 with Select Fire any better than a suppressed Type 25? If so, is it sufficiently better to justify having to spend that extra 'pick 10' point?
#2slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 8:47:11 AM
My preference is the M8.It was the quickest to Gold of all the ARs.
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#3slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 8:47:45 AM
And it looks ridiculous in Krypton.
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#4ih0tfireiPosted 1/18/2013 9:01:36 AM
Don't bother with select fire. Stock and the suppressor is all you need on both guns.

To answer your question, I prefer the type because your less handicapped at close range while still being just as effective at mid-long.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#5slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 9:06:11 AM
Didn't notice SF, I would rather have a stock or something over SF.

I used SF with it a few times. It sounds cool but it is kind of a waste of a point when there are better attachments like the Stock. Unless you go with iron sights. I personally don't use PGF.
---
#6MiniVirus2Posted 1/18/2013 9:07:50 AM
M8. Anyone who says select fire on the M8 is just wasting a point doesn't understand versatility. Having the option to switch to burst for long range is very handy. Also, the recoil patterns are totally different and the M8's is way more desirable. So long/ short range versatility when the Type just won't win and more manageable recoil. Only makes sense to me to go with the M8.
---
R.I.P. DIO
#7RandomTramp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:10:50 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
Don't bother with select fire. Stock and the suppressor is all you need on both guns.

To answer your question, I prefer the type because your less handicapped at close range while still being just as effective at mid-long.

Yeah, I always use stock & suppressor on AR's in this game. So I was actually committing 5 points to my M8A1 primary when you include the PGF wildcard as well. Then I suddenly thought 'is this really worth 5 points?'.

I don't enjoy burst fire (though I don't mind single-shot weapons), so for me it's either fully auto for the M8, or find an alternative weapon for my 7th custom class.
#8videogames2004Posted 1/18/2013 9:21:59 AM
If you are worried about the M8 not performing close range, I would personally rather saving the Pcik 10 points of PGF and SF and using them on a pistol (Kap40 always a good close range choice).

While I agree that the M8 is weaker than the Type 25 in close range, neither are strong performers. Since the Type 25 is so much weaker at longer ranges than the M8, overall it seems like a loss. A pistol secondary would make more sense if you ever are forced into that type of an engagement.

And on top of it all, you sound like someone smart enough to understand that controlling engagements is half the battle. If you can play smart and keep guys at range, the M8 without select fire is going to be your best bet.
#9slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 9:24:53 AM
Aside from the M8 the only guns I used SF for were the M27 and the AN 94. Both worked fabulously. Also tried it on the Chicky but found that that was def. a point wasted.
---
#10RandomTramp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:37:22 AM
Okay guys. Thanks. I'll definitely stick with the M8 for that class over the T25, based on this feedback.

I'll play around with the 3 attachments and no secondary weapon (5pts) vs without SF and with a Kap40 secondary for tight spaces (4pts) and see which offers the best value for me.