It's time to set the record straight. Awareness is a good perk

#1AaronHutchPosted 1/18/2013 8:56:34 AM
i cant stand when people compare it to hardwired and dead silence, its NOT a bad perk, just situational

it will help you tremendously in objective gametypes, especially search and destroy and cant be effectively replaced by another perk/attachment/tactical

i believe its more effective than cold blooded and hardline - again, depending on the map and gametype- but everyone thinks those perks are great
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#2JonnywestsidePosted 1/18/2013 9:03:30 AM
Cold-Blooded is an awesome perk its amazing how many times enemies run right past me when im reloading or using a streak because my name didnt pop up. Not to mention I get a lot less sniper/tf deaths when using it.

Awareness is probably only useful in SnD and when using headset. I tend to question the sexuality of anyone I see using it.
#3greatmario3Posted 1/18/2013 9:08:12 AM
People have been saying that Awareness and dead silence are about as useful as Eavesdrop perk was in Modern Warfare.

You can barely hear footsteps of enemies in this game, even when soundwhoring with a headset.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#4ronXwhitePosted 1/18/2013 9:09:34 AM
Dead Silence is easily the most underrated perk in this game.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen yeye
Check out my newest BO2 montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYS9aC2iXo
#5greatmario3Posted 1/18/2013 9:11:50 AM
ronXwhite posted...
Dead Silence is easily the most underrated perk in this game.

Sneaking up on unsespecting enemies, just to die from a claymore or bouncing betty because you aren't using engineer.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think If you Flak Jacket, you'll be okay just running through them.
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#6THE gamefreak 212Posted 1/18/2013 9:45:10 AM
greatmario3 posted...
I'm not entirely sure, but I think If you Flak Jacket, you'll be okay just running through them.

Yes, but the person who owns the equipment will now know you're coming, defeating the purpose of DS.
---
"The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven And Hell!" Black Sabbath- Heaven And Hell
#7SierraReiPosted 1/18/2013 9:46:50 AM
THE gamefreak 212 posted...
greatmario3 posted...

Yes, but the person who owns the equipment will now know you're coming, defeating the purpose of DS.

How will they know you're coming? You have pillows for feet, even with Awareness.
#8Mr_CumberdalePosted 1/18/2013 10:06:53 AM
I don't understand how people think it doesn't help. I tried this perk combo last night again in TDM and was doing a lot better than my usual. Of course it's not as good as SRP from MW3, but I was constantly hearing footsteps from different buildings/rooms. It's actually easier to flank/rush the enemy spawns with it.

Personally, I think 'better' players will get more use from it. You know the maps / materials well and can guess the enemy spawns. With DS/Awareness, you can gauge where the players will be more easily.
#9fatclemenzaPosted 1/18/2013 10:13:08 AM
You can make a case for it in SnD and FFA (along with Dead Silence), but anywhere else, they aren't worth a point.

In CoD4, I could hear feet clearly to give me an idea when somebody was near. Same in MW2.That advantage was completely countered by Dead Silence, which was fair. In this game, you have no reliable way of knowing which of 6 directions a LW/Dexterity laser SMG will attack from. It lets these annoying players run around thoughtlessly with no drawback.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#10ih0tfireiPosted 1/18/2013 10:18:01 AM
It's not worth giving up engineer or tac mask for. Yes even in SnD(which I play a lot of). If your a good SnD player, awareness users are not even a threat.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I