It's time to set the record straight. Awareness is a good perk

#31ih0tfireiPosted 1/18/2013 2:50:27 PM
TheRealJayveezy posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
It's not worth giving up engineer or tac mask for. Yes even in SnD(which I play a lot of). If your a good SnD player, awareness users are not even a threat.

K/d? spm?
.....in SnD, not overall...

K/d- 2.2
Spm- 104
Win/loss- 2.28

Jelly. I can't wait till I break 100+ SPM. Getting closer everyday.

Lightweight, ex con and a AR with stock gives you a ridiculous advantage on most maps. Just switch to a pistol or knife secondary and you can reach certain choke points faster+ have range advantage with a AR.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#32TheRealJayveezyPosted 1/18/2013 3:26:44 PM(edited)
My setup works fine for me. I would actually do horrible with your setup(no offense just different playstyles). I use Assault shield, dual B23Rs, flak, fast hands, awareness, danger close 2X C4 and a shock charge/sensor grenade. Majority of the time I'm on the top of the leader boards. I had a rough time adjusting to SnD in this game in the beginning though so I wasn't doing too hot. Now I rarely have under 8 kills in a bad game, and normally at least 1,000 score. I got an 1800 score the other day because two guys just sat there shooting at my shield and never rushed me. I ended up getting 700 points the first round from blocked damage points, shield assists and a kill. It was a good day lol.
#33Zero IXPosted 1/18/2013 7:08:35 PM
I kinda hate Dexterity because the only reason it's so "good" is because of the way this game handles lag... and even then it still manages to be just a little overrated, unlike Toughness, which deserves every bit of the praise it receives.

Neither are anywhere near as good as Stopping Power was in MW2, though. Dex and Toughness might influence x pct of kills, but SP literally influenced ALL your kills.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#34OrlandoMagicianPosted 1/18/2013 8:03:11 PM
I barely notice footsteps so Awareness does very little. 3arc for BO and BO2 seemed to have replaced footsteps with characters shouting. I almost exclusively use Tactical Mask with Flak Jacket and Engineer for any class not equipped with Flak Jacket. Dexterity is nice, but it really loses value when someone figures out not to sprint at every chance given to you.
#35-vIc-LeGeNDPosted 1/19/2013 3:52:33 AM
My k/d is like 1.65 with a 105 spm...but over the last month sinc i been primarily using dead silence/awareness or other perk 3 greed combos involving either of them....my k/d is over 2 with an spm of 116.... so in SnD those perks are very useful...but not the be all end all.

Cuz i do have classes with just ex.con as well
---
gT= Ix UBOAF xI pSn=UBOAF
Sf4: Blanka,cammy,ONI, www.youtube.com/UBOAF
#36RameldorPosted 1/19/2013 4:57:07 AM
Sound is horrible in this game. I hear guys yelling that sound like they are behind me and I can be at the back of the map. Or I turn around to look for them and noone is there. Gunshots are worse. So many times someone comes up behind me or beside me shooting me with an unsilenced weapon and I cannot even hear it. I am talking a few feet near me.