What's so great about blackhat?

#1MexiRicanMoFoPosted 1/18/2013 10:58:08 AM
I've always used EMP with my engineer classes. Done with the EMP title, figured I'd try something else. I want to like these things, but I really see no reason to use them over EMP. EMP = instantly takes out all equipment in building, plus stuns enemies and removes radar, and earns assist points. Blackhat = hack/destroy one thing at a time, and it takes a few seconds, plus can be used against aircraft. What am I missing? Any tips? They seem like such a waste to me. And FYI I always use scavenger as well.

Tldr; why use black hat over EMP?
---
GT: iLuv2WakenBake
#2ICantNameGudPosted 1/18/2013 11:00:41 AM
Hey c'mon man, Black Hats also alert enemies to turn around AND can get you killed using them as a launcher. Give them some credit dude.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#3NinjaDeath911Posted 1/18/2013 11:01:02 AM
They were good until I realized I'm a sitting duck hacking a sentry guardian, why do that when I can just throw an emp grenade and get massive points
#4OpShaftPosted 1/18/2013 11:01:12 AM
Well I love to hack betties and watch the owner die to them.
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#5Valentino16Posted 1/18/2013 11:01:40 AM
EMP is so much better.
---
GT: TheMasterTee
"Geronimo!"
#6RandomTrampPosted 1/18/2013 11:02:04 AM
Whilst I prefer EMP grenades as well, you already pointed out the versatility that the Black Hat offers - it can take out air support and you can steal (hack) enemy equipment and care packages with it.

Also, as you raised speed of hacking as an issue, while destroying streaks is slow, hacking basic equipment actually only takes a split second.
#7XT3M3Posted 1/18/2013 11:04:02 AM
black hats + care packages + 2 or more people going for it = LOLS
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#8ICantNameGudPosted 1/18/2013 11:06:10 AM
RandomTramp posted...
Also, as you raised speed of hacking as an issue, while destroying streaks is slow, hacking basic equipment actually only takes a split second.

And then the person turns to face it and get 50 points or kills you. Black Hat requires the equipment itself, engineer, and scavenger to be any kind of good. EMPs require one EMP and nothing else to give 250pts per throw on Nuketown.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#9MexiRicanMoFo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:07:13 AM
RandomTramp posted...
Whilst I prefer EMP grenades as well, you already pointed out the versatility that the Black Hat offers - it can take out air support and you can steal (hack) enemy equipment and care packages with it.

I usually carry a launcher on non ghost classes. FHJ = 1 point for 2 uav takedowns. Blackhat = 1 point for 1 uav. The only time I found them useful in that situation was when I did no perk kills with pistols. (No option for a launcher obviously) I didn't know they were quicker at hacking equipment, however.
---
GT: iLuv2WakenBake
#10shadowsofdawnPosted 1/18/2013 11:07:37 AM
I would much rather have the enemy team using black hats than EMP grenades.

My betty got hacked? *yawn* Oh no.

My betty got destroyed, my screen is fuzzy, and my radar is down for 10 seconds? Ok thats annoying.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||