What's so great about blackhat?

#11RandomTrampPosted 1/18/2013 10:11:55 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
RandomTramp posted...
Also, as you raised speed of hacking as an issue, while destroying streaks is slow, hacking basic equipment actually only takes a split second.

And then the person turns to face it and get 50 points or kills you

Well, as you know in advance they are going to be told their equipment has been hacked, that shouldn't really happen. For example, hack the betty at the bottom of the stairs, back out and go through the window.

To be clear, as I said previously, I prefer EMPs myself. I'm just pointing out the one advantage the BH has over it - versatility.
#12DarkCaptain3Posted 1/18/2013 10:13:05 AM
Scavenger also replenishes Black Hats as well, and you raise the point about hacking enemies claymores or betty's. Yes that notifies them but it only notifies the owner of the object not the rest of the enemy who still seem to always walk into it. >_> people aren't really cautious.

Also since when has a EMP been able to take out a UAV or Counter UAV. Black Hat can and if the person is wearing Hard-Wired your EMP grenades nor does the EMP ScoreStreak even affect them or their Black Hat. You also earn points for Hacking Equipment actually more than if you EMPed them. You get the Hacked Medal. Stealing Care Packages only takes longer IF the person who threw it down ON YOUR TEAM is attempting to take it at the same time. The time to take it from the enemy as well as taking your own Care Package as well as one that your Team Mate who didn't throw it down is still the same and just as fast as always. I use Black Hats to hack the equipment too and lure the enemy who planted it right into my trap since the know its hacked they are more than likely to try to come at you from behind to take you out.
---
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager
#13ICantNameGudPosted 1/18/2013 10:14:49 AM
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Scavenger also replenishes Black Hats as well, and you raise the point about hacking enemies claymores or betty's. Yes that notifies them but it only notifies the owner of the object not the rest of the enemy who still seem to always walk into it. >_> people aren't really cautious.

Also since when has a EMP been able to take out a UAV or Counter UAV. Black Hat can and if the person is wearing Hard-Wired your EMP grenades nor does the EMP ScoreStreak even affect them or their Black Hat. You also earn points for Hacking Equipment actually more than if you EMPed them. You get the Hacked Medal. Stealing Care Packages only takes longer IF the person who threw it down ON YOUR TEAM is attempting to take it at the same time. The time to take it from the enemy as well as taking your own Care Package as well as one that your Team Mate who didn't throw it down is still the same and just as fast as always. I use Black Hats to hack the equipment too and lure the enemy who planted it right into my trap since the know its hacked they are more than likely to try to come at you from behind to take you out.

I stopped reading this when you implied there's an actual benefit to shooting down (c)UAVs, and actually think people use hardwired.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#14DarkCaptain3Posted 1/18/2013 10:18:45 AM
Also wearing a launcher slows your running down. If I am trying to escape a sticky situation I wouldn't want to be running slower to be honest and I may be running from the enemy see a equipment hack it while I am running (you can hack while running) and then run past it well the enemy whose still chasing me will run right into it happens alot lolz. People underestimate Black Hats a lot yet I tend to win a lot of games thanks to them and my ability to keep pesky UAV's out of the air on HCTDM and pesky Counter-UAV's. I get MVP thanks to my constant ability to hack and restock the Black Hat. On HC TDM there is no shortage of enemies willing to use equipment like Shock Charges, Bouncing Betty's, and Claymores to hack. Also with UAV's and Counter-UAV's you actually get 2-3 medals for taking one down with a BlackHat.
---
#15DarkCaptain3Posted 1/18/2013 10:23:22 AM
There is in HardCore TDM which is all me and my buddies play. Whilst I do not make use of the UAV my buddies do and so my ability to take them down without wasting time with a launcher is handy.

If you aren't going to take the time to read someone's reason for using things then really you have no right to argue yourself.

You can't argue about something if you don't know why the person disagree's with you.
---
#16ICantNameGudPosted 1/18/2013 10:29:36 AM
DarkCaptain3 posted...
There is in HardCore TDM which is all me and my buddies play. Whilst I do not make use of the UAV my buddies do and so my ability to take them down without wasting time with a launcher is handy.

If you aren't going to take the time to read someone's reason for using things then really you have no right to argue yourself.

You can't argue about something if you don't know why the person disagree's with you.

I can though, watch: black hat requires using 3 points to be anywhere near good with them. That's to get one PDA and the ability to get more, you can hack one thing and have to use scavenger and engineer.

Enemies having a UAV or CUAV is not a big deal, ask anyone who doesn't use ghost. Black hats are great for occasionally trolling people or dying while you look at the sky. No one uses hardwired to counter EMPs.

Black Hat users always act like they're some uber-ninja sneaking around and terrorizing the helpless enemy team. We are not idiots guys, we also play this game and know that is not true.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#17slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 10:41:55 AM
How are EMPs anymore useful? By your logic they need 3 points too. Unless you just throw one in every doorway you go through..
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#18slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 10:43:02 AM
And even then you have to use scavenger to keep up your supply.. unless you die a lot.

But I mean, you sound like a guy that so rarely dies that wouldn't apply to you..
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#19DarkCaptain3Posted 1/18/2013 10:43:21 AM
I do not think I am a uber ninja or anything. I don't run a secondary weapon of any kind and I rarely use lethal equipment myself. Right there that actually enables me to use Scavenger, Ghost, Engineer, Dead Silence till my hearts content. And dependent on how I actually set my main weapon in the equipment department I can also manage to get Blind Eye or Cold Blooded in there too. I have a class that makes use of this set-up.

In no way do I claim I am a god or anything but when one is only concerned about points as that is all that matters to level a person up who cares how those points are acquired. We each have our own playing style. I merely am saying that this works for me and I actually don't feel much in terms of repercussions.
---
#20slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 10:44:28 AM
I'm just playing devils advocate.. I use Engineer and just run past equipment and get the kill.
---