POLL: Should kills from killstreaks count towards K/D?

#1ImTooSkilleddPosted 1/18/2013 11:45:31 AM
Should kills from killstreaks count towards K/D? - Results (157 votes)
Yes
53.5% (84 votes)
No
39.49% (62 votes)
Only with certain killstreaks (explain which ones would count towards K/D)
7.01% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm going with no. I think K/D would be a more accurate measure if they didn't include all the kills gained from attack killstreaks. I guess I'm a little biased, though, considering I'm against most "attack" killstreaks in the first place. *sigh*

You should still get points from the kills obviously. Maybe they could make it to where the kills count towards your kills in the game lobby (when you hit select), but don't count towards your actual stats when you get back into the lobby/main menu.

And no, I'm not a bad player who is just mad that he can't get high killstreaks. I just think it's ridiculous that someone can get 30 kills from computer-controlled killstreaks over the course of a game and then have that counted towards his/her stats.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#2angrybirdsdudePosted 1/18/2013 3:15:36 PM
yesyesyes

but in return give slightly more points for them, or at least more points if you're controlling it. you get like 3 points per kill for controlling the AGR, the heavy weapons, etc etc. and that's just silly.
---
spread the <3
#3Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/18/2013 3:17:47 PM
Did it kill someone?

Then its a kill in my stats
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#4angrybirdsdudePosted 1/18/2013 3:20:37 PM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
my spm is <300

---
spread the <3
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 1/18/2013 4:17:00 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
I just think it's ridiculous that someone can get 30 kills from computer-controlled killstreaks over the course of a gam

get in mah lobby!
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#6slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 4:18:48 PM
They are kills that YOU got.. so why not?
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#7Smallville_FanPosted 1/18/2013 4:20:17 PM
User controlled ones, yes. Sure, AI ones still count as a kill on your score...but I didn't see anyone controlling it to get the kill.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/18/2013 4:44:21 PM
By extension, claymore and betty kills shouldn't count towards your KD, since all you did was lay it down.
#9fatclemenzaPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:35 PM
I can see both sides of the argument, but I would settle for only user-controlled streaks counting towards actual Combat Record kill count. Then again, the Lodestar is the new Angel of Death, and I have around (l think) 2000 kills with it averaging like 10 per usage.

If kills from them don't count, I don't think deaths should either though.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#10curtlandPosted 1/18/2013 4:49:56 PM
Eh. Why not?

It's already a pretty fraudulent number... might as well pad that b****!
---
Only idoits can't spell.