CoD has made me less of a gamer

#1RoketomanPosted 1/18/2013 4:18:35 PM
Every time I turn on my Xbox its to play Call of Duty. I have stacks of other games I want to play but hardly ever do. Why do I buy new games that I will not play much?

Maybe I'll play some Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 dlc, play some 3DS? Nah I'll just play some multiplayer on the latest CoD. Then when I am finally going to play something else a friend invites me to play and I cave in.

Anyone else feel a lack of faithfulness to other games?
---
Christ is Lord
#2Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/18/2013 4:21:08 PM
That doesn't make u less of a gamer
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#3BrighattalonPosted 1/18/2013 4:25:48 PM(edited)
I play other games, but for the first two or three months after the release of CoD, it takes precedence. Probably one of the reasons why I burn out so quickly.... can't imagine playing CoD for 8-10 hours nonstop like I have heard some do.
And for that matter, since Modern Warfare I have played all of the CoDs online and have gotten everyone at launch since MW2 except for MW3 (I'm not sorry I only borrowed that one and after two weeks, I gave it back) But CoD is one of those games where I do succumb to peer pressure and play with friends, but a big component of Xbox Live Gold is gaming online (sure there is Netflix and other things) and CoD seems to be the only game that my friends and I have in common.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#4MashYouGoodPosted 1/18/2013 4:23:11 PM
The casual and same-same nature of FPS games tend to 'dumb down' a gamer's desire to be challenged and / or to diversify their gaming experiences.

It's another reason why the FPS genre is so loathed by those who care about the direction of the pastime and its future.
#5tactikz4Posted 1/18/2013 4:23:31 PM
That's what happened to me last year with BF3 I didn't play other games except for it. Now it's black ops 2, and I have like 10 games to finish but I still play online on black ops 2 Lol I'm decided to complete FC3 tomorrow then see what to do next. I only play weekends and when I on my system my hands automatically starts black ops 2. Even with BS that happens in the game I still have fun:)
---
PSN/Battlelog: tactikz4
BF3/Black Ops 2 My Fav Multiplayer.
#6WestSdeNleVrusPosted 1/18/2013 4:23:51 PM
Well sadly if Halo4 and ME3 is whats sticking out to you in your stack then I understand...sadly BO2 prob belongs in the stack as well.... I'm not looking forward to anything for another month when Aliens comes out. God I hope that doesn't suck.
#7BrighattalonPosted 1/18/2013 4:27:26 PM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Well sadly if Halo4 and ME3 is whats sticking out to you in your stack then I understand...sadly BO2 prob belongs in the stack as well.... I'm not looking forward to anything for another month when Aliens comes out. God I hope that doesn't suck.

I have high hopes for Aliens, especially with Gearbox behind it. So... yeah, I hope it doesn't suck as well.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#8KeldonisPosted 1/18/2013 4:28:18 PM
I've played the mass number of games in my stack, the exception being RE6 which I just lost the desire to play.

I was thinking about picking up the new DMC tonight actually. And Fire Emblem, Dead Space, and the new Metal Gear comes out next month.

Probably won't be playing much Black Ops in February honestly.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#9Bonezy_BPosted 1/18/2013 5:16:43 PM
same here :(
#10WOT BSPosted 1/18/2013 5:18:19 PM
cod is purposely as addictive as possible. the reason people dont feel the same way about the campaign is the lack of hitmarkers, +100s, medal dings, and guitar rifts of approval
---
GT: Extract Hz