CoD has made me less of a gamer

#11SheshaPosted 1/18/2013 5:19:38 PM
Roketoman posted...
Every time I turn on my Xbox its to play Call of Duty. I have stacks of other games I want to play but hardly ever do. Why do I buy new games that I will not play much?

Maybe I'll play some Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 dlc, play some 3DS? Nah I'll just play some multiplayer on the latest CoD. Then when I am finally going to play something else a friend invites me to play and I cave in.

Anyone else feel a lack of faithfulness to other games?

This is me for the last 4 years. I feel like if I stop to play MGS or what ever, I am missing out on leveling, that others are gaining an advantage over me. I dedicate 3-4 hours a day playing. I have unopened games sitting there. I really don't think I am going to buy anything else this year.
---
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
#12WOT BSPosted 1/18/2013 5:21:53 PM
Shesha posted...
Roketoman posted...
Every time I turn on my Xbox its to play Call of Duty. I have stacks of other games I want to play but hardly ever do. Why do I buy new games that I will not play much?

Maybe I'll play some Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 dlc, play some 3DS? Nah I'll just play some multiplayer on the latest CoD. Then when I am finally going to play something else a friend invites me to play and I cave in.

This is me for the last 4 years. I feel like if I stop to play MGS or what ever, I am missing out on leveling, that others are gaining an advantage over me. I dedicate 3-4 hours a day playing. I have unopened games sitting there. I really don't think I am going to buy anything else this year.

watch dogs is going to be mental
---
GT: Extract Hz
#13kingekingePosted 1/18/2013 5:24:29 PM
I think the main problem with playing COD is that it doesn't help you improve at anything but COD. Any 'skills' you have in COD won't translate to any other game and since COD sells the most that is why other games are catering to the COD crowd to try and get them to play something else without getting destroyed.
#14slaveanselmoPosted 1/18/2013 5:26:00 PM
I move back and forth with BLOPS Minecraft and Borderlands.. kind of a b**** to go from Bordrlands to COD but what are you gonna do? Am I right?
---
..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment..
#15DrFeelgood1984Posted 1/18/2013 5:45:10 PM
Roketoman posted...

My internet went down the other day, I spent a few hours playing through Gears of War 3 on Insane. It made me realize how much I miss playing through a challenging single player game. I also need to finish Dead Space, Mass Effect 3, and Halo Anniversary. So I know what you mean, when I get online I usually end up playing CoD or Madden with my friends. It's fun, but it's a different experience for sure.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#16-Jammo-Posted 1/18/2013 5:53:35 PM
You are no less of a gamer. School moms playing Bejewelled on their iPhones are just as much gamers as people playing games for decades. If you enjoy video games, you're a gamer. It's like being called "A little bit pregnant."
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#17Roketoman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:40:47 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Well sadly if Halo4 and ME3 is whats sticking out to you in your stack then I understand...sadly BO2 prob belongs in the stack as well.... I'm not looking forward to anything for another month when Aliens comes out. God I hope that doesn't suck.

My biggest gaming regret is having not beat the last few Zelda games. I also started playing Persona 3 a while ago but then stopped and played more CoD.
---
Christ is Lord
#18a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/19/2013 10:00:03 AM
This happens to a lot of gamers, don't worry. It's probably the reason this board is so active. All these videogame nerds on a message board are playing CoD all day instead of their other games.

I personally have yet to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood because of this game. I bought all of them 2 summers ago but have yet to beat the 3rd in the series. But I did beat Batman. Have barely gotten into Dead Island, and I forget the rest of my current to-do list because I'm currently not under the same roof as all my games.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#19RameldorPosted 1/19/2013 10:14:31 AM
The human element is what brings me back. Playing AI doesn't seem as fun to me anymore.