Old zombies was better

#31tadmfpolePosted 1/20/2013 1:29:06 AM
Crawlers die when someone leaves the subsection they are in. If they didn't and crawled through the fog it would take a stupid amount of time to locate them. I suppose they could have made them teleport to a new location like on Five, but keeping a runner alive is the same strat as keeping crawlers in the past maps.

Another thing I really like about BO2 zombies is the theater. Highly underrated feature that while not perfect, is a neat bonus. I am still trying to figure out what the best settings are when making a highlight reel, I hate it when it highlights someone spinning the box repeatedly. This one is the focus of big spender, but comes up alot in best moments too. The savior and sinner seems to focus mostly on revives, and the rampager I don't get. If there were a way to highlight best moments and leave box humping out that would be the ideal one.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#32Sega9599Posted 1/20/2013 3:06:35 AM
orangebike posted...
In world at war zombies was a more traditional zombies experience, blops 2 is more like a kids arcade game. I wish treyarch would learn what true fans what

Hey FORGET Old Zombies. My girlfriend was liking one of those maps you guys were fooling with. And if you'd moved your feet when I'd told you to, we wouldn't be hip deep in snow right now!
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#33Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/20/2013 9:15:25 PM
TheBEST305gamer posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
krazykiwikid posted...

Hahaha!! That's quickly become the generic unsubstantial response to anyone who calls the/any game out for being crap.

When you put the word crawler in the same sentence as TranZit, the term is very substantial.

Could be force of habit. Although yeah, it's annoying how crawlers die out easily in this game. Instead of adding a pause feature that all of the zombie players would like, they made it HARDER to take a break.

Yeah, keep trying to argue that this version is better..

Want a break? Play solo so you can pause it. It's a marathon gametype, it's not supposed to be easy.
#34krazykiwikidPosted 1/21/2013 10:29:59 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
TheBEST305gamer posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
krazykiwikid posted...

Hahaha!! That's quickly become the generic unsubstantial response to anyone who calls the/any game out for being crap.

When you put the word crawler in the same sentence as TranZit, the term is very substantial.

Could be force of habit. Although yeah, it's annoying how crawlers die out easily in this game. Instead of adding a pause feature that all of the zombie players would like, they made it HARDER to take a break.

Yeah, keep trying to argue that this version is better..

Want a break? Play solo so you can pause it. It's a marathon gametype, it's not supposed to be easy.

Hahaha! This guy is totally the token inane Zombies defender of the board, isn't he.
#35OrtegaTronPosted 1/21/2013 11:07:54 AM
The ranking and leaderboard system make absolutely no sense. I loved the stat-tracking feature, still do, but It's frustrating to play four hours + with thousands of kills and headshots only to see no tally added. Get demoted for not playing a couple of days. I had some poor runs when the game was new, testing things, exploring, helping a couple of friends get the QR perk, but now average mid-high twenties. I guess that isn't good enough for the knife through the skull emblem as I've never received it. Lately been dominating TranZit, still at skull and 3 tallies.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#36juker79Posted 1/21/2013 11:41:49 AM
Like the last poster said Veruct(sp?) was an awesome map. You could play it for 2 hours and spend 90% of that time actually, you know, shooting zombies, having a lot of action and doing things that are fun. Tranzit is all the worst parts of zombies made into the whole experience. Spend 2 hours playing and 90% of that time is running a crawler around, not shooting zombies, and unbelievably boring item hunt fetch quests.

Coming from the PS3 board since it's dead; but I don't really experience this. The only time we leave crawlers is when the situation calls for it (want to PAP, somebody needs Jugg); but these are the same situations we would leave a crawler in any of the maps. Maybe I just don't find it difficult to pick up a part, fight, and build it between rounds.
#37krazykiwikidPosted 1/22/2013 3:12:08 AM
juker79 posted...
Like the last poster said Veruct(sp?) was an awesome map. You could play it for 2 hours and spend 90% of that time actually, you know, shooting zombies, having a lot of action and doing things that are fun. Tranzit is all the worst parts of zombies made into the whole experience. Spend 2 hours playing and 90% of that time is running a crawler around, not shooting zombies, and unbelievably boring item hunt fetch quests.

Coming from the PS3 board since it's dead; but I don't really experience this. The only time we leave crawlers is when the situation calls for it (want to PAP, somebody needs Jugg); but these are the same situations we would leave a crawler in any of the maps. Maybe I just don't find it difficult to pick up a part, fight, and build it between rounds.

Where was difficulty mentioned anywhere in that post? It was about boredom.
#38tadmfpolePosted 1/22/2013 4:18:27 AM
The boredom part is the one people do not seem to get. Dropping a fan at the power station and running to town to open the PAP is not hard, it is not challenging, it is not difficult. Mashing the right analog stick through the fog is not hard, challenging or difficult. Running around the map to find a ladder to open a hatch at the diner at random locations or hunting down the box is not challenging, hard or difficult.

It simply isn't fun.

The survival maps are the only thing that have kept me playing this mediocre version of zombies. They are a bit small and simple, but I like that about them. That is not to say I don't want to see some larger (not Tranzit large) maps in the DLC. I wish more of my friends had NTZ, best map available at the moment on BO2.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#39The_LoGoSPosted 1/22/2013 8:10:40 AM
tadmfpole posted...
The boredom part is the one people do not seem to get. Dropping a fan at the power station and running to town to open the PAP is not hard, it is not challenging, it is not difficult. Mashing the right analog stick through the fog is not hard, challenging or difficult. Running around the map to find a ladder to open a hatch at the diner at random locations or hunting down the box is not challenging, hard or difficult.

It simply isn't fun.

The survival maps are the only thing that have kept me playing this mediocre version of zombies. They are a bit small and simple, but I like that about them. That is not to say I don't want to see some larger (not Tranzit large) maps in the DLC. I wish more of my friends had NTZ, best map available at the moment on BO2.

They are not supposed to be challenging, but they do present a problem. At any given point, while playing with 3 other people, these boring steps can cause a stoppage of play or severely hinder a teams chances of progressing farther. Happens all the time, "why is the round starting?" "Oh no Im at power with no jugg, blah blah blah". They are doing what they are intended to do.

And seriously if you've gone deep in to highlevels (30+, 40+, 50+) with a team you spend just as much time running around aimlessly while everyone gets set, takes a leak, smokes a cig, etc....as every other map. Even Kino can become ridiculous while waiting for someone to get back their raygun, pap it, blah blah blah.

I'm tired of the "its boring"...If its so boring go play something else. ALL zombie maps end up playing the same way, but the strat and concept of unique ways to kill us, separate, and tell a story are all welcomed additions. I just wish all you wanna be hardcore zombie players would just admit you are frustrated cuz you can't reach high levels with a team....right tad?
---
There is no wrong or right...There is only popular opinion
#40juker79Posted 1/22/2013 10:07:02 AM
krazykiwikid posted...
juker79 posted...

Where was difficulty mentioned anywhere in that post? It was about boredom.

I was referencing the notion that 90% of the time is running a crawler around. I get your point, and agree with the boredome factor; but I've only expierienced this maybe once or twice. Generally everybody has the same mindset of kill the crawler and get the game moving. I mention difficulty because it's not hard to accomplish things with zombies on the map if you're a little smart about it.