Why do people claim that bad players use the best tactics and weapons?

#21Foxx3kPosted 1/20/2013 12:37:14 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Well, your post seems to imply that there is a level of skill required in this game. I mostly disagree. The game is like 70% connection, 29% luck, and 1% knowing which thumbstick moves and which trigger fires.

Obviously skill is required, just like in any game. It's called a game because it doesn't involve 100% luck, meaning there's a purpose for trying, because your skill (among other things) can aid you.

People like you exaggerate to stupid extremes. I realize it doesn't require as much skill as a sport, and that connections and playing in parties play a huge role. But obviously skill is involved. You can't tell me a soccer mom with no video game experience can hop in a game and go 50-0. Good grief. Take another math class, because your grasp on statistics is horrendous on a good day.

A soccer mom with an ideal connection and an SMG or 870 could easily go positive if she knew the thumbsticks and triggers.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22dj___rollPosted 1/20/2013 9:43:47 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Well, your post seems to imply that there is a level of skill required in this game. I mostly disagree. The game is like 70% connection, 29% luck, and 1% knowing which thumbstick moves and which trigger fires.

Obviously skill is required, just like in any game. It's called a game because it doesn't involve 100% luck, meaning there's a purpose for trying, because your skill (among other things) can aid you.

People like you exaggerate to stupid extremes. I realize it doesn't require as much skill as a sport, and that connections and playing in parties play a huge role. But obviously skill is involved. You can't tell me a soccer mom with no video game experience can hop in a game and go 50-0. Good grief. Take another math class, because your grasp on statistics is horrendous on a good day.

A soccer mom with an ideal connection and an SMG or 870 could easily go positive if she knew the thumbsticks and triggers.

I hate when people have too much of an ego to admit when they're wrong. And you sit are wrong.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#23thompsontalker7Posted 1/20/2013 9:45:09 AM
Because people who think they are good are usually the same people who only have Diamond shotguns to show for it.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#24Krazoa2Posted 1/20/2013 9:52:59 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
It seems popular on this board to use bad weapons as a way to solidify skill.

Stopped reading there. I already know how bad the rest of his post was gonna turn out.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe