Why do people claim that bad players use the best tactics and weapons?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why do people claim that bad players use the best tactics and weapons?
4 years ago#21
ThisIsMithos posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Well, your post seems to imply that there is a level of skill required in this game. I mostly disagree. The game is like 70% connection, 29% luck, and 1% knowing which thumbstick moves and which trigger fires.

Obviously skill is required, just like in any game. It's called a game because it doesn't involve 100% luck, meaning there's a purpose for trying, because your skill (among other things) can aid you.

People like you exaggerate to stupid extremes. I realize it doesn't require as much skill as a sport, and that connections and playing in parties play a huge role. But obviously skill is involved. You can't tell me a soccer mom with no video game experience can hop in a game and go 50-0. Good grief. Take another math class, because your grasp on statistics is horrendous on a good day.

A soccer mom with an ideal connection and an SMG or 870 could easily go positive if she knew the thumbsticks and triggers.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
4 years ago#22
ThisIsMithos posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Well, your post seems to imply that there is a level of skill required in this game. I mostly disagree. The game is like 70% connection, 29% luck, and 1% knowing which thumbstick moves and which trigger fires.

Obviously skill is required, just like in any game. It's called a game because it doesn't involve 100% luck, meaning there's a purpose for trying, because your skill (among other things) can aid you.

People like you exaggerate to stupid extremes. I realize it doesn't require as much skill as a sport, and that connections and playing in parties play a huge role. But obviously skill is involved. You can't tell me a soccer mom with no video game experience can hop in a game and go 50-0. Good grief. Take another math class, because your grasp on statistics is horrendous on a good day.

A soccer mom with an ideal connection and an SMG or 870 could easily go positive if she knew the thumbsticks and triggers.

I hate when people have too much of an ego to admit when they're wrong. And you sit are wrong.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
4 years ago#23
Because people who think they are good are usually the same people who only have Diamond shotguns to show for it.
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
4 years ago#24
ThisIsMithos posted...
It seems popular on this board to use bad weapons as a way to solidify skill.

Stopped reading there. I already know how bad the rest of his post was gonna turn out.
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why do people claim that bad players use the best tactics and weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived