Is the Tar21 the "All Around" Assault Rifle?

#11RuneMaster no2Posted 1/19/2013 12:35:52 PM
The MTAR is basically the only assault rifle that doesn't serve any kind of purpose. It's useless because there's always something better. Type 25 does the same damage but shoots faster. SCAR does more damage. M27 does same damage but has less recoil. AN94 has the double tap at the start, etc.

I think the M27 is probably the most "well-rounded" but I prefer the AN94 above all else.
---
One decade on Gfaqs and counting.
#12NidtendofreakPosted 1/19/2013 12:38:30 PM
RuneMaster no2 posted...
The MTAR is basically the only assault rifle that doesn't serve any kind of purpose. It's useless because there's always something better. Type 25 does the same damage but shoots faster. SCAR does more damage. M27 does same damage but has less recoil. AN94 has the double tap at the start, etc.

I think the M27 is probably the most "well-rounded" but I prefer the AN94 above all else.

Type 25/M27 doesn't have a 3SK range. The MTAR does.

M27 is far from well rounded: shoots slightly slower than the MTAR with less damage up close.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#13HitokiriFelixPosted 1/19/2013 2:04:20 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
OrlandoMagician posted...
The MTAR is one of the better rushing ARs and best at mid range. It's somewhat like the MW2 TAR, but doesn't have as good of power over long range.

Don't compare weapons in this game to weapons from any other game. Damage is handled differently than it ever has been in the past. You're comparing apples to guavas.

What? No. Players still have 100 hitpoints. The Tar has a base damage of 40 and a firerate of about 750 in both games.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#14chessmyantidrugPosted 1/19/2013 2:12:21 PM
HitokiriFelix posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
OrlandoMagician posted...
The MTAR is one of the better rushing ARs and best at mid range. It's somewhat like the MW2 TAR, but doesn't have as good of power over long range.

Don't compare weapons in this game to weapons from any other game. Damage is handled differently than it ever has been in the past. You're comparing apples to guavas.

What? No. Players still have 100 hitpoints. The Tar has a base damage of 40 and a firerate of about 750 in both games.

The TAR-21 in Modern Warfare 2 did a minimum damage of 30, so it was never more than a four-shot kill. With stopping power, it was a two- or three-shot kill. Apples to guavas.
#15ih0tfireiPosted 1/19/2013 2:25:59 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
RuneMaster no2 posted...

M27 is far from well rounded: shoots slightly slower than the MTAR with less damage up close.

The 3sk range doesnt matter all that much when the rate of fire is slower than smgs.

The type is the best all around rifle.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#16NidtendofreakPosted 1/19/2013 2:34:56 PM
ih0tfirei posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
RuneMaster no2 posted...

The 3sk range doesnt matter all that much when the rate of fire is slower than smgs.

It's actually the same RoF as the PDW and MSMC IIRC. Either that or its like 25 RPM less. I do like the Type 25 a lot though, it was the first gun to really click with me in this game. Always liked the faster shooting ARs outside of BO1 and CoD4. M16/F2000/Enfield/FAD/Type 25 for my ARs.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#17TyrantKnightPosted 1/19/2013 2:42:26 PM
Yep, it's a jack of all trades. Just decent at everything, though if you want something more specialized there are better options.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#18duericPosted 1/19/2013 3:52:28 PM(edited)
ih0tfirei posted...

Dude. This is why stats are misleading and tend to steer people the wrong way.

I use the TAR on a regular basis to rush, and that 3 shot kill range certainly does make a difference. Sure, in a perfect world of perfect accuracy and perfect connection, it may seem moot.

But in a real life game scenario, that extra range to kill one bullet faster is enormous.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member