I feel like no one knows how to play Slums

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/19/2013 8:54:47 AM
I'm mainly talking about Team Deathmatch, but it probably applies to a lot of other gametypes too. Like, all you have to do is hide behind that brick barrier and behind/on top of the fountain and control the middle. You can have someone camping in the building in the middle of the map too. If you do this you pretty much have complete control of the map. There's nothing the enemy can do if everyone was coordinated. My brother's too stubborn to help me do this, but I'm tired of dumb teammates that don't understand how easy it is to win on this map.

You shouldn't go past that middle part unless the enemy team isn't running to the middle, and they aren't camping their spawn. Meaning, you rarely have to get out of the middle part of the map.

I don't know what you guys think, but I find this a pretty obvious method of winning. By my idiot teammates usually do the equivalent of running in the middle of Raid when the enemy has control of that. It really is sad that some people don't realize areas that if they run to them, they are likely to get shot from 3+ directions, so it isn't advisable to go that way if you want any hope of getting a killstreak.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#2AaronHutchPosted 1/19/2013 8:57:33 AM
thats how you RUIN Slums

camping in the middle is for d bags
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#3BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/19/2013 9:00:11 AM
This is why Slums is a horrible map, folks.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#4Hardcore74LeoPosted 1/19/2013 9:01:35 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...
#5Mr_CumberdalePosted 1/19/2013 9:02:27 AM
Hardcore74Leo posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...
#6NidtendofreakPosted 1/19/2013 9:04:37 AM
I don't have problems prying people out of those positions. Easy enough to do. Which is why Slums is a fun map, even that's easy to break up.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#7a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:05:28 AM
Well I'm not getting out of the middle until the enemy stops camping at the spawns. When I do get out, the middle route on both sides tends to be the safest. I feel like camping in the room ruins Slums, considering the middle has 5 entry points (6 if you count climbing over the wall). Plus you can always be the ***-hole that throws completely random 'nades.

The easiest way to take back the middle is through that building with the blown up hole is a perfect flanking spot, not to mention it's the gateway to getting completely behind you enemy. But no one (at least in Team Deathmatch) is that coordinated for it to be that big of a problem.
---
#8lovelyshotPosted 1/19/2013 9:08:33 AM
Didn't you know that no -one knows what to do; they only know what not to do, according to the internet.
---
"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."
#9EvanVanVanPosted 1/19/2013 9:08:59 AM
Slums aka "Stomp or be stomped" (at least in Domination). I don't know why anyone in Dom votes for it.
#10a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:09:59 AM
Nidtendofreak posted...
I don't have problems prying people out of those positions. Easy enough to do. Which is why Slums is a fun map, even that's easy to break up.

Thank you. I'd rather take down someone playing territorial in the middle than someone with an LMG/Sniper camping in the center part of his spawn, looking down the other center part. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I do think that the brick barrier thing should either be able to be shot through, or show a little more of a person's body. That thing is ridiculous.
---