I feel like no one knows how to play Slums

#11a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:16:38 AM
EvanVanVan posted...
Slums aka "Stomp or be stomped" (at least in Domination). I don't know why anyone in Dom votes for it.

I doubt what I've experienced in Team Deathmatch is as bad as it is in Domination. There are still really close games on Slums, but there are occasions where 1 team gets stomped. I think it's happening less now that people are finally figuring out if they rush the **** out of it they are going to get killed.

Sadly, my brother is one of those people that rushes no matter what. I don't understand how anyone over 20 can not realize that if you either go 11-19 or 21-16 on a map, you're most likely doing it wrong. Someday if his stubborn *** is willing to listen I'll teach him my strategy of "not dying" instead of "trying to get kills." And I don't even want to hear that I'm a camper because in the lobby leaderboard I'm usually 2nd (almost always in Top 3) in Score per Minute.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#12ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/19/2013 10:22:09 AM
Slums.

Which door do you want to run through to your death? Left, Right, or Center?

It's a horrid map and is just a campfest each and every single times... No real flanking routes. It's built for camping and spawn trapping. The sides are setup unevenly as well. Horrid design.
#13a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:30:33 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Slums.

Which door do you want to run through to your death? Left, Right, or Center?

It's a horrid map and is just a campfest each and every single times... No real flanking routes. It's built for camping and spawn trapping. The sides are setup unevenly as well. Horrid design.

That's basically why I don't go out of the middle. Campers in the building and waiting for people to get out of the building, campers behind objects on the other side of the map, or down the middle where you back will be exposed no matter where you run. And the only time I go in that building is when I see my team coming in and out with ease and/or the enemy has control of everything else. You're just asking to die if you go in there.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#14garcia_jxPosted 1/19/2013 12:58:33 PM
Pretty much if three or more people are camping in one team, you can destroy the other team, regardless of the map. Each person can cover entry points to each area. The only thing is that not everyone camps on a team. Plus, I rather run around (not like a chicken with my head cut off) than to sit in one place waiting for a person to run by.
#15Foxx3kPosted 1/19/2013 12:59:44 PM
AaronHutch posted...
thats how you RUIN Slums

camping in the middle is for d bags

Camping keeps the spawn from flipping = keeps me from being shot in the back by somebody whose idea of "flanking" is "spawning."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]