The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Would these be OP as DLC weapons?

#1parkourboybryanPosted 1/19/2013 11:01:42 AM(edited)
I know they're adding DLC weapons now, so these are my thoughts for specific weapons that would add diversity without being OP.

Peacekeeper SMG
40-20 Damage
30 Round Magazine (40 with Extended Clip)
700 RPM
500-1000 Range
MSMC Recoil

Thoughts: I feel the one less bullet required to kill at range would be an appropriate way to do the "AR/SMG Hybrid" and this would be balanced out by a smaller range than the MSMC and the fact that it fires slower than 90% of the Full Auto ARs and SMGs.

G3 Assault Rifle
49-33 Damage
20 Round Magazine (30 with Extended Clip)
725 Capped RPM (600 with SF)
1500-2000 Range
Very Low Recoil (Increased to low-moderate with SF)

Thoughts: I feel that the lack of a definite 2HK at close range would be balanced out by having lower recoil and a much higher capped ROF than the other rifles, identical to the MW1 G3. Select Fire wouldn't make it an ACR, and it has potential for fast TTKs in an accurate players' hand. This would be the real Marksman's rifle.

M60 LMG
50-35 Damage
100 Round Belt Fed Magazine (150 with Extended Clip)
535 RPM
1000-1500 Range
High Recoil

Thoughts: This is the exact same M60 from BLOPS1, and I don't recall anyone calling it OP in that game. It still fires 65rpm slower than the MK48, and in return for the 2HK ability, it has slightly higher recoil. Perfect.

Olympia Shotgun
40-20x8 (320-160) Damage
2 Round Capacity
450 Capped ROF
400-600 Range

Thoughts: They should bring back the BROlympia. It should sport less consistency than the 870 up close in exchange for the ability to get better ranged kills. Would be balanced by the 3.5 second reload time and 2 shell capacity. But now with the Pick Ten System, players won't have to choose between better spread and faster reload speeds, they can have them both.

M20 EBR Sniper Rifle
70 Damage, 1.5x multipliers to Head and Neck, Head Only when silenced.
8 Round Magazine (12 with Extended Clip)
400 Capped RPM
Low-Moderate Recoil
Ex.: .35 ADS speed like Ballista

Thoughts: This could be the Semi-Auto version of the Ballista in that it Aims faster than the other Snipers at .35 seconds instead of .40. It would be balanced against the SVU by having a smaller magazine and slightly higher recoil. But in return, it can still OSK to the head when silenced.

Colt Python Revolver
50-35
600-1200 Range
6 Round Capacity (Reloads one bullet at a time unless Using Fast Mags)
575 Capped RPM
Low-Moderate Recoil (Think BLOPS1 Python)

Thoughts: I have another revolver with a 2HK ability similar to the Five Seven and Tac-45. It's balanced against those though by having a 2-3 hit kill at the cost of having slightly higher recoil and a much slower reload speed. People have been clamoring for another revolver, and I think this should satisfy them while still keeping it comparable to the other pistols in terms of killing ability.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:33:10 AM
These are weapons I think they could possibly add via DLC packs, and I'd buy them. I'm pretty sure they'll be adding a weapon for each category and that's why I did all of them. As far as balance goes, I think they're greatly balanced and they all have a niche like so:

Peacekeeper: The AR/SMG hybrid that rewards good accuracy without sacrificing handling traits.

G3: The Real Marksman Rifle that will reward a good trigger finger and good accuracy with lots of kills without being borderline OP upon adding Select Fire.

Olympia: The Brolympia gives the ability to gain 2 OSKs in quick succession with the downside of having a small capacity.

M60: The potential to mow down enemies with an ounce of forethought and good accuracy.

M20 EBR: The Semi Auto Rifle that rewards pinpoint accuracy with slightly better handling at the cost of a smaller magazine and marginally higher recoil.

Colt Python: The power pistol that can take out up to 3 enemies in quick succession up close without sacrificing range at the cost of a small capacity and lengthy reload time.
---
#3juggernaut_ikePosted 1/19/2013 10:44:32 AM
why do you care so much. like seriously every time i look up here you have some super serious topic up that doesnt reallyy matter at all
#4kakoratePosted 1/19/2013 10:45:08 AM
It looks like you put effort into this topic. I will post just because of that.
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#5GreatKiraLordPosted 1/19/2013 10:47:00 AM
Hmm...I don't know but they look interesting
#6dario1101Posted 1/19/2013 10:50:47 AM
Lul wat? The Olympia takes 3 bullets to kill while it only has two in it's chamber? xD

I do like the idea, but honestly it feels like those guns would be outdated. It's 2025.

For the Olympia like a Double Barreled shotgun or something like that.

And the M60 could be a M60E4.

The Python wouldn't be needed, just make the Executioner shoot slugs. Bingo, problem solved. : )
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-164! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#7parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:53:27 AM
juggernaut_ike posted...
why do you care so much. like seriously every time i look up here you have some super serious topic up that doesnt reallyy matter at all

1. Guess you cared enough to post, so there's that.

2. To answer your poorly worded sentence/question, it's because I'm trying to keep my ideas fresh. I'm going to college for Game Art & Design right now, and I'm always looking for Ideas to improve or add things to a game without messing up the balance in it. Always trying to think outside the box and come up with ideas to add more diversity to the game. New weapons that are varied from others add diversity.

3. IIRC, the last topic I made on this board was a poll asking people to rate the MTAR (Which I was supposed to continue, but a project prevented me). So stop your b******* about how meaningless my topics are, because as "meaningless" they may or may not be, your moronic replies are way more. I at least try to form discussions rather than attacking board members.
---
#8parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:02:39 AM(edited)
dario1101 posted...
Lul wat? The Olympia takes 3 bullets to kill while it only has two in it's chamber? xD

I do like the idea, but honestly it feels like those guns would be outdated. It's 2025.

The Python wouldn't be needed, just make the Executioner shoot slugs. Bingo, problem solved. : )

Forgot to add that the Olympia has 8 pellets per shot like the other shotties. I'll change that.

It's just there for the fun, they are outdated, but do you know of any Armed forces using Tomahawks and Ballistic Knives anymore? :)

People love Double Barreled Shotguns. They had one in MW2, which was in the 2010's. As outdated as it was, people still used the Rangers a lot. 12-15 years wouldn't matter that much.

Good point about the M60, make it the M60E4. I just hate that god-awful iron sight compared to the one from BLOPS. Terrible. But that would solve the "Outdated Weaponry" argument.

Good idea for the Executioner, but just like the KSG, the Slugs would have to disappear at some point, while the other 2HK handguns could fire forever. Plus, the Executioner has terrible recoil. I would like the Idea for a slugs attachment in a future game though as long as they'd find a way to balance it for the Semi-Autos and Full Autos.
---
#9dario1101Posted 1/19/2013 11:10:02 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
dario1101 posted...

Forgot to add that the Olympia has 8 pellets per shot like the other shotties. I'll change that.

It's just there for the fun, they are outdated, but do you know of any Armed forces using Tomahawks and Ballistic Knives anymore? :)

People love Double Barreled Shotguns. They had one in MW2, which was in the 2010's. As outdated as it was, people still used the Rangers a lot. 12-15 years wouldn't matter that much.

Good point about the M60, make it the M60E4. I just hate that god-awful iron sight compared to the one from BLOPS. Terrible. But that would solve the "Outdated Weaponry" argument.

Good idea for the Executioner, but just like the KSG, the Slugs would have to disappear at some point, while the other 2HK handguns could fire forever. Plus, the Executioner has terrible recoil. I would like the Idea for a slugs attachment in a future game though as long as they'd find a way to balance it for the Semi-Autos and Full Autos.

If you remember the M60E4 From COD 4 then it would be the best for this game. Nice irons and nice damage too.

Probably make the Executioner to half the range as a KSG so it could be balanced.

Other than that i wouldn't mind actually getting this DLC for the weapons. And i very rarley get DLC : )
(That's a compliment BTW : ) )
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-164! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#10parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:14:39 AM
If the Slug was a 2 Hit Kill I could see it being used.

I haven't played COD 4 in a while, but I do remember the M60 and how awesome it was with SP. I for some reason always preferred the M29 SAW for its lower recoil and fast ROF though.
---