Would these be OP as DLC weapons?

#11juggernaut_ikePosted 1/19/2013 11:33:25 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
juggernaut_ike posted...
why do you care so much. like seriously every time i look up here you have some super serious topic up that doesnt reallyy matter at all

1. Guess you cared enough to post, so there's that.

2. To answer your poorly worded sentence/question, it's because I'm trying to keep my ideas fresh. I'm going to college for Game Art & Design right now, and I'm always looking for Ideas to improve or add things to a game without messing up the balance in it. Always trying to think outside the box and come up with ideas to add more diversity to the game. New weapons that are varied from others add diversity.

3. IIRC, the last topic I made on this board was a poll asking people to rate the MTAR (Which I was supposed to continue, but a project prevented me). So stop your b******* about how meaningless my topics are, because as "meaningless" they may or may not be, your moronic replies are way more. I at least try to form discussions rather than attacking board members.

1. restate?doesnt make sense

2. iight thanks for answering my question. that a lot of other people also had

3. you got your feelings hurt. i didnt attack you. now you try to come back with profanity and lol insults. stop crying sheesh. btw "rate topic week 17 v8" IS meaningless.

get 2k13 and come up with a way to fix the forward alleys
#12AlexanaxelaPosted 1/19/2013 11:56:13 AM
lol the people here think having to spend two points on the r870 and having to land all 8 of your pellets to osk out to 525 inches is op. How are they going to hand a regular shotgun that needs 5/8 pellets to kill out to 600 inches right out of the box?
---
Leave Nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quXfj7M3xaA
#13NidtendofreakPosted 1/19/2013 11:56:18 AM
Peacekeeper SMG: Eh...maybe. I'd prefer a 4-5SK SMG over a 3-5SK SMG. Obviously increase the RoF a tad to make up for the lack of a 3SK, but still slower than the 4-6SK SMGs.

G3: Even with a faster fire rate, I don't think a 3SK semi-auto would work well in BO2. Maps too small, most people can't pull the trigger fast enough while being accurate to make a difference while grinding their way to Select Fire. I say change it out to a future variant of the G36c from MW3: strong centering speed means very accurate at first but the recoil grows more and more rapidly the longer you hold the trigger. Maybe even have it say as much in the description.

M60: Yes please, though they'd probably bump extend mag down to 125 at most.

Olympia: Honestly I'd rather have something like the Ranger back. No ADS, left trigger is the other barrel. Maybe 2 shot per barrel before reloading this time around, insanely large dual wield crosshairs, a bit more range than in MW2? No suppressor attachment or extended magazine attachment. To keep the same number of attachments as the other shotguns...add in a tac knife? Crazy, but would make the shotgun even more unique.

M20 EBR: I can already hear everyone complaining about how everybody online is spamming this sniper. Reduce the mag size to 5 imo, so its half of the SVU. At least you have to be semi-accurate with the spam then.

Python: Yes. If looking to keep the same number of attachments, add a double tap attachment? Pull the trigger once, the gun automatically fires twice? Its a futuristic revolver, it could happen. Have it fire the burst at 475 RPM, makes it easier to use up close, worthless at range.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#14chessmyantidrugPosted 1/19/2013 11:57:46 AM
This is a "let's bring weapons from old games back" topic. In a word: pointless.
#15parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:18:24 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
lol the people here think having to spend two points on the r870 and having to land all 8 of your pellets to osk out to 525 inches is op. How are they going to hand a regular shotgun that needs 5/8 pellets to kill out to 600 inches right out of the box?

Exactly. People would scream its underpowered, but don't realize that its essentially a MW2 Spas with 100 less range as far as damage goes. But I do think being able to pair fast mags, long barrel, and laser sight at once would make it a great weapon.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#16Akiba69Posted 1/19/2013 12:32:57 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, an updated Kar98K.
#17murdokthegreatPosted 1/19/2013 12:39:05 PM
juggernaut_ike posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
juggernaut_ike posted...
why do you care so much. like seriously every time i look up here you have some super serious topic up that doesnt reallyy matter at all

1. Guess you cared enough to post, so there's that.

2. To answer your poorly worded sentence/question, it's because I'm trying to keep my ideas fresh. I'm going to college for Game Art & Design right now, and I'm always looking for Ideas to improve or add things to a game without messing up the balance in it. Always trying to think outside the box and come up with ideas to add more diversity to the game. New weapons that are varied from others add diversity.

3. IIRC, the last topic I made on this board was a poll asking people to rate the MTAR (Which I was supposed to continue, but a project prevented me). So stop your b******* about how meaningless my topics are, because as "meaningless" they may or may not be, your moronic replies are way more. I at least try to form discussions rather than attacking board members.

1. restate?doesnt make sense

2. iight thanks for answering my question. that a lot of other people also had

3. you got your feelings hurt. i didnt attack you. now you try to come back with profanity and lol insults. stop crying sheesh. btw "rate topic week 17 v8" IS meaningless.

get 2k13 and come up with a way to fix the forward alleys

Parkour: 1
Juggernaut: 0
#18juggernaut_ikePosted 1/20/2013 10:20:13 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
This is a "let's bring weapons from old games back" topic. In a word: pointless.
#19MoneyBags210Posted 1/20/2013 10:26:53 AM
I don't necessarily have a problem with it, but I think Treyarch chose the time period of the game in part to get newer guns in (not the same old 70s-00s type weapons) so a G3 and other weapons from that era don't make much sense for a legit army to use in 2025. Balance wise that would be fine I would think.
---
GT:lethaalhawk
"Trouble with the trolley, eh?"-Pelican from trolley activity in Spyro 2
#20Tip_Your_MedicPosted 1/20/2013 11:07:35 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

From the looks of these, it looks like you're using a linear damage model even though most BO2 weapons don't (otherwise there's just plain missing data in the form of intermediate damages) so I'll consider that for comparison.

Peacekeeper SMG
40-20 Damage
30 Round Magazine (40 with Extended Clip)
700 RPM
500-1000 Range
MSMC Recoil

With 40-20 damage, this will hit 33 damage at 850 units, and a 4hko out to 1250. so you basically get higher long range damage, more range, and more accuracy (due to slightly lower lower firerate, negligable really) at the expense of 50 RPM. MSMC would be a useless weapon with this in existance.

G3 Assault Rifle
49-33 Damage
20 Round Magazine (30 with Extended Clip)
725 Capped RPM (600 with SF)
1500-2000 Range
Very Low Recoil (Increased to low-moderate with SF)

So its basically a fal with less damage at all ranges in exchange for some fire rate. Okay i guess but I can't see anyone using it.

M60 LMG
50-35 Damage
100 Round Belt Fed Magazine (150 with Extended Clip)
535 RPM
1000-1500 Range
High Recoil

The damage model is almost identical to the FAL. Which would have less recoil and range and mag size, but on the other hand isn't an LMG so it would have handling to be worth putting on a class. I dunno, it's fine i guess but LMGs are notoriously underpowered due to their handling anyway.

Olympia Shotgun
40-20x8 (320-160) Damage
2 Round Capacity
450 Capped ROF
400-600 Range

Would be nice to have a half decent shotgun besides the KSG, yeah.

M20 EBR Sniper Rifle
70 Damage, 1.5x multipliers to Head and Neck, Head Only when silenced.
8 Round Magazine (12 with Extended Clip)
400 Capped RPM
Low-Moderate Recoil
Ex.: .35 ADS speed like Ballista

I feel like it would outclass the dragunov. On the other hand, everything outclasses the dragunov anyway and this would be much better.

Colt Python Revolver
50-35
600-1200 Range
6 Round Capacity (Reloads one bullet at a time unless Using Fast Mags)
575 Capped RPM
Low-Moderate Recoil (Think BLOPS1 Python)

its okay but it would pretty much outclass the tac 45. Increased recoil doesnt balance it much because the tac has a 6hko at any decent range so it won't be killing anyone out of spitting distance anyway.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pf438.gif