What do the pros mean by "Xbox Lag"

#1DougEInstructorPosted 1/19/2013 12:05:29 PM
I been watching Optic Nadeshot and Optic Scumper stream online tournaments and sometimes I'll hear someone screaming about "Xbox lag" Is there a specific lag that ONLY happens on Xbox? PS3 and PC don't get lag?
#2chessmyantidrugPosted 1/19/2013 12:07:04 PM
Their XBox lags. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software problem.
#3TheRealPhattyJPosted 1/19/2013 12:40:08 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
I been watching Optic Nadeshot and Optic Scumper stream online tournaments and sometimes I'll hear someone screaming about "Xbox lag" Is there a specific lag that ONLY happens on Xbox? PS3 and PC don't get lag?

Yea, we get it, too. I can't remember the guys name, but there's a vid on youtube that shows just how bad the lag compensation software for this game is. Great video with realtime, actual measurements. There's even code induced lag in local LAN games. If they can fix that, and the head glitching this would be one amazing game.
#4DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:37:41 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

Yea, we get it, too. I can't remember the guys name, but there's a vid on youtube that shows just how bad the lag compensation software for this game is. Great video with realtime, actual measurements. There's even code induced lag in local LAN games. If they can fix that, and the head glitching this would be one amazing game.

You're talking about the mythical lag compensation bs. I'm talking about something completely different.
#5Sega9599Posted 1/20/2013 2:54:03 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

You're talking about the mythical lag compensation bs. I'm talking about something completely different.

My XBOX stutters at times. Maybe once over a 4 hour period. Everything will seriously lag for like 4 seconds, the dashboard, the game, everything. No matter which game it is. This is different from normal game lag, 1. because well, it'll do it even if you're playing an offline game, and 2. the way it lags is so different to the normal way. You either know what I mean or you don't.

Luckily it only lasts about 5 seconds before sorting itself out. I've only encountered this problem after the last dashboard update, and ONLY on my old style Black 360 Elite. The new 'slim' silent xbox 360 hasn't demonstrated these problems as of yet to me.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#6ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/20/2013 3:15:24 AM
I get these problems on the PS3 as well.

Only with BO2 though, and only online. No other game does it.
#7T_r_a_m_PPosted 1/20/2013 3:18:59 AM
Sega9599 posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

My XBOX stutters at times. Maybe once over a 4 hour period. Everything will seriously lag for like 4 seconds, the dashboard, the game, everything. No matter which game it is. This is different from normal game lag, 1. because well, it'll do it even if you're playing an offline game, and 2. the way it lags is so different to the normal way. You either know what I mean or you don't.

Luckily it only lasts about 5 seconds before sorting itself out. I've only encountered this problem after the last dashboard update, and ONLY on my old style Black 360 Elite. The new 'slim' silent xbox 360 hasn't demonstrated these problems as of yet to me.

Sounds like your old xbox is about to s*** itself
---
Gamertag: BuSteD TramP
Ewgh thats gotta hurt!
#8chessmyantidrugPosted 1/20/2013 3:28:13 AM
It happens with all electronics. It's not solely a XBox problem.
#9Hitman_67Posted 1/20/2013 3:54:59 AM
Is that what the hell that is? God that crap is annoying... I have the old Xbox 20GB and every couple of ours when i'm playing online the xbox "Lags" for about 4 seconds.

This even happens when i'm playing single player games while connected to Xbox LIVE. It must have something to do with the Ethernet port or something. Hell all this time i thought it was my Ethernet cord.

When the game stops like that and you're host it lags them too, so luckily no one can kill at that time. But if you're not host the for 4-5 seconds you're screwed.
I've adapted to just dropping to the ground till it stops.

Least now i have a real Excuse, Xbox Lag! On a side note, i still don't get "Lag Comp" xD And i still win every battle.

SDTV + broken controller + Xbox Lag + Still wins = I'm better than pro lmao :P
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#10LoMNOMNOMDeerPosted 1/20/2013 4:12:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg

It's not mythical.
---
Not the dark green, the iridescent green.
Even Christ said "Christ, he flows quite nicely"