I went 39-1 on Hijacked Demolition.... only 4 gun kills.

#11Ha_D00DPosted 1/19/2013 11:46:39 PM(edited)
Yeah, they're static until some idiot random takes advantage of your success to run right smack in the center of the enemy spawn. Lo and behold, the enemy is spawning up your ass. I have to compensate for that "X" factor playing solo.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#12ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:48:03 PM
Ha_D00D posted...
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Ha_D00D posted...
But...but... solo demo spawn trapping is my thing =/
I mean, yeah, I used to roll with a dedicated 6 man demo spawn trap team on MW2 and BO, but I'm flying solo this time. Not like its much harder, haha.

Honestly, spawn trapping doesn't really take much skill at all. Everyone just camps or 'patrols' a little area. Yet everyone tries to do it and wait for people to walk within their sights or out of a certain opening and claim they're great.

I just thought it was hysterical. Damn straight I went to the underbelly of the ship and just really let the killstreaks do their work. The whole goal of it was to see if I could get 10 kills for every 'gun kill' I got (you know what I mean). I got some random 'destroyed equipment' from the LS, Sentries, and Stealth Chopper (SC took out someones TI like 4 times), Sentry got someones C4 twice. lol.

Was honestly boring as hell. Like I said before, it's harder to try to capture a damn flag or plant a bomb than it is to camp, headglitch, or 'patrol' your area trying to get some decent stats. Everyone just loves to camp random areas and hope their teammates will do the harder work for them.

So "patrolling" an area and single handedly holding an entire team at bay takes no degree of skill? If that was even remotely true, legions more would be doing the same damn thing.

Not really.

Here's MW3 on Dome Domination. That killfeed was almost all me, while rushing into their spawn, and then cutting them off at their next spawn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0geaYPm7DBY

I died a lot here, but came into the game late and wanted to win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-YuYJtWbLg Yea, they got spawntrapped at A right at the end, with me just running through their spawn picking them off and embarrassing them.

This one isn't good at all, here's me trying to get it going at B in Dome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPoD4ZXivTg It's really easy to single handedly spawn trap people.

So, no.
#13chessmyantidrugPosted 1/19/2013 11:48:59 PM
The only time I ever bothered playing Demolition was in Black Ops to get Flak Jacket and Ninja pro. One game, someone was telling us to not defuse the bomb so the game would last longer and he could get more kills.
#14curtlandPosted 1/19/2013 11:53:14 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
The only time I ever bothered playing Demolition was in Black Ops to get Flak Jacket and Ninja pro. One game, someone was telling us to not defuse the bomb so the game would last longer and he could get more kills.

You'll get those guys occasionally in this one too.

A random teammate was complaining about "noobs" that go for the objective instead of going for kills.

So I went right for the bomb.

(b'-')b
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#15Ha_D00DPosted 1/19/2013 11:56:21 PM
You are making your argument against the skill involved in demolition spawn trapping on Black Ops 2 using MW3 game play, which, might I add, was terribly inconclusive. Especially the DOMINATION gameplay. What point were you even trying to make in any of those videos? I don't even play MW3.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#16ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:05:47 AM
Spawn trapping is easy and takes very little skill in objective based games.

It's what people do who just want to pad stats and think they're 'dominating' enemies by either exploiting game mechanics or headglitching behind an object ADS'ing into a doorway.

To truly 'dominate' a team, you finish the game with the largest lead possible in the shortest amount of time possible. That's how you can tell your team is MUCH better than the other team.

Oh cool, you won 200-130 by camping and headglitching behind barrels and all finished with a KD of 3? Cool, now try winning 200-50 against the same people...

Or the more famous 'let them plant a bomb I'm trying to get more kills'. No, absolutely not. If you can defend the whole round without them planting once and If you can finish the round of Demolition while planting in under 60 seconds you get the full credit deserved.

Spwan trapping for your streaks and KDs and thinking you're any good or have any bragging rights? Hell, I've seen randumbs do it. Congrats on being able to shoot people who spawned/walked within your sights. youmustbesogud

'No one go for C we're trying to spawn trap them there'. You can bet I'll be the first guy flipping that spawn on you.

'Oh spawn trapping takes so much map awareness and skill.'.

Well, if you have it, you should be able to know that I'm on their side of the map taking their flag.

/end
#17Ha_D00DPosted 1/20/2013 12:11:28 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Spawn trapping is easy and takes very little skill in objective based games.

It's what people do who just want to pad stats and think they're 'dominating' enemies by either exploiting game mechanics or headglitching behind an object ADS'ing into a doorway.

To truly 'dominate' a team, you finish the game with the largest lead possible in the shortest amount of time possible. That's how you can tell your team is MUCH better than the other team.

Oh cool, you won 200-130 by camping and headglitching behind barrels and all finished with a KD of 3? Cool, now try winning 200-50 against the same people...

Or the more famous 'let them plant a bomb I'm trying to get more kills'. No, absolutely not. If you can defend the whole round without them planting once and If you can finish the round of Demolition while planting in under 60 seconds you get the full credit deserved.

Spwan trapping for your streaks and KDs and thinking you're any good or have any bragging rights? Hell, I've seen randumbs do it. Congrats on being able to shoot people who spawned/walked within your sights. youmustbesogud

'No one go for C we're trying to spawn trap them there'. You can bet I'll be the first guy flipping that spawn on you.

'Oh spawn trapping takes so much map awareness and skill.'.

Well, if you have it, you should be able to know that I'm on their side of the map taking their flag.

/end

Pfft. If I just sat in one spot and waiting for people to walk into my sights, I would die far more often than I do. You have absolutely no grasp of the finer points of the concept at hand. "Randumbs" DO NOT do what I do. I've been involved in organized, plotted spawn trapping since MW2. Don't begin to think you understand. Believe me, you don't.
---
#18chessmyantidrugPosted 1/20/2013 12:13:39 AM
My primary gripe with Kill Confirmed is I rarely see the score limit reached. I remember the day the game came out, I thought 75 was a little high. Then they changed it to 100 for no reason. I had no idea it happened until I heard the countdown timer for the end of the game. I've had games on Hijacked go the full 10 minutes. I'd much rather go 25-10 and see the game end quickly than go 42-14 and watch the game drag out.