I never understood the love for Hijacked/Nuketown

#21makeoutboyPosted 1/20/2013 7:56:18 AM(edited)
X_Spectator posted...
They are the smallest maps therefore the best. Smaller = better. The community has spoken. I'm waiting for a FPS to come out with a map called Cube. It's just a big empty square space of spawn and shoot mayhem. People would like this more than Hijacked.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Rust
---
I will meditate and then destroy you.
GT: smittalicious
#22fatclemenzaPosted 1/20/2013 7:58:54 AM
because they actually require skill. people cant just camp with snipers or in corners with smgs for long periods.
the people who dont like them are actually the ones who are bad at the game

are
oh
eff
ell

post stats pls
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#23RandomTrampPosted 1/20/2013 8:03:23 AM
sMoKeD47 posted...
because they actually require skill. people cant just camp with snipers or in corners with smgs for long periods.

That must be why those split-screeners who kept going 4-25 and 3-31 in my Dom lobbies earlier today came right into their own once Hijacked came around. They were all of a sudden 16-24 with their R870's and buzzkilling all those talentless players who'd previously been vulturing their way to 50-5 on clown maps like Raid.
#24CalvinCandiePosted 1/20/2013 8:49:12 AM
X_Spectator posted...
They are the smallest maps therefore the best. Smaller = better. The community has spoken. I'm waiting for a FPS to come out with a map called Cube. It's just a big empty square space of spawn and shoot mayhem. People would like this more than Hijacked.

The sad thing is, I know you're only half joking.

People would go nuts for it. They'd be demanding "Cube" lobbies with Cube only playlists.

Message to all recent players, Quickscoping lobby on Cube.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#25I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 1/20/2013 9:04:47 AM
curtland posted...
X_Spectator posted...

The sad thing is, I know you're only half joking.

People would go nuts for it. They'd be demanding "Cube" lobbies with Cube only playlists.

so like awp in counter strike?
#26McLargeHugePosted 1/20/2013 10:06:11 AM
sMoKeD47 posted...

No self respecting camper uses those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFk97MgCsI
#27sMoKeD47Posted 1/20/2013 10:13:13 AM
also spawn r******g is great fun we all do it
#28NidtendofreakPosted 1/20/2013 10:24:28 AM
Hyperactive little kids who think not shooting somebody within a few seconds of spawning is camping.

Back in MW2, I didn't mind Rust popping up. It was fairly rare, and was nice for an occasional change of pace, let off some steam with the AA-12 or something like that. But nobody treated it like a "real" map, everybody went in knowing it was chaos and lived with it.

Then suddenly with Nuketown being just big enough that you can almost play it like a normal map, all of the little kids flocked to it thinking that's the way things should be. So in a way, Treyarch effectively killed map design in CoD by making that one map. If it hadn't existed, we'd still have normal maps.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#29AlexanaxelaPosted 1/20/2013 10:29:33 AM
going to go tweet "we want cube" to vanderheart
---
Yet sometimes, I still think to myself theres no place worse than this planet. It's horrible here.
#30Tip_Your_MedicPosted 1/20/2013 10:45:25 AM
its generally popular just because theres almost no wait time. Its obvious that the majority of cod prefers to be back in the battle fast as hell, seeing as how gametypes with spawn timers are dead as hell.

I like it because the spawning is so freaking easy to manipulate. Once someone gets a vsat up its usually possible to earn a whole new one before it runs out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pf438.gif