Overpowered or Overused| Day 8| Target Finder

#1XT3M3Posted 1/21/2013 3:43:23 AM
OverPowered or Overused - Results (364 votes)
Overpowered
24.18% (88 votes)
Overused/Annoying
34.89% (127 votes)
neither
25.55% (93 votes)
i dont care
15.38% (56 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Past results
Day 1
FAL+ Select fire
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65083943

its not really OP but its on the borderlines of it. nor is it over used outside of league play.

Day 2
Shock Charges.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65092228

Day 3
Quick scoping (er)s
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65100680

Its annoying to have that cancer on the team but for the most part its not over powering because the "1 and Done logic" and the fact 1 in every 10 Qs'ers are good.

Day 4
Laser sight
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65116058

Annoying but nothing new. just easier to have now (steady aim)

Day 5
R870
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65196226

its annoying. thats it. shotties not as bad/Op as it was on mw2 to most.

Day 6
Stun Nades
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65211322

this depends on who you talk to. with the counter perk its just annoying but if you DONT use the counter perk then its OP.

Day 7
Lighting Strike
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65226443

its neither OP or OU at its current standing. but its agreed upon that it can be considered OP to OBJ players and annoying to them as well.

Day 8 idea comes from HeartlessCharms ( IM STILL TAKING IDEAS AT ALL TIMES). today topic is one that has been a hot topic on this board since day 1. the Target Finder.

probably one of the DUMBEST things 3arch added in into the game. due to how badly it caters to people. the target finder is a holo sight that gives out the "killstreak target" symbol when you look at enemies. it also lights up red when its in contact with the enemy. pretty much saying this,

"OK IM OVER HERE, SHOOT ME NOW PLEASE."

you can see why everyone would be mad about this now. in a series where the players are already getting the treatment of "getting their hand held" or an "easy mode rep" is something like this really needed? its not hard to tell friend for foe most of the time but come on now <_< was THIS NEEDED?

sure people will say" BUT MW2/3 HAD THE HEART BEAT SENSOR" true. but MOST of the time the heart beat sensor required you to still LOOK for the other guy some what..

The Target finder does all the work for you BUT shoot the GUN thus promoting laziness.

the funny thing is. this has a counter BUT apparently its not working? LMFAO (correct me if im wrong)

sorry for the rant but i really hate this thing . im calling it OP as hell.

voting ends tommorow. i see you guys then till then DEBATE AWAY.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#2mariofan619Posted 1/21/2013 3:46:30 AM
Overused. Not really annoying, it's just a crutch.

And I vote Raffica/B23R for the next poll
---
Mini Mii | u jelly of my Goobus?
http://sixpop.com/files/9/SeemsLegit.jpg
#3XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:49:52 AM
mariofan619 posted...
Overused. Not really annoying, it's just a crutch.

And I vote Raffica/B23R for the next poll

iight
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#4ZephyrSSXPosted 1/21/2013 3:56:53 AM
I think it's eh. It's a great counter to head glitchers but also helps noobs too much.
---
God damn it.
#5arena11Posted 1/21/2013 4:04:52 AM
Neither, it's really only used on LMGs which are meant to be stationary anyways.
#6Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/21/2013 4:12:56 AM(edited)
Ugh...TC's arguments...

Listen, here, chap. TF barely adds kills in most situations. I remember when I used to use it all the time on my FAL (before it got popular - - guilty is charged) and noticed that the TF really would give me a kill only once in a while. I'm talking about people I actually did not see without the help of the TF. 9.5 times out of 10 I still saw people myself before ADSing and killing them. Even when I'd abuse it on carrier by ADSing the whole time, it still really wouldn't show what I didn't already notice myself.

Plus, people may cry saying that cold blooded is a bad counter, but it pretty much removes the only useful effect the attachment has: highlighting enemies. Sure, if you scroll over them the reticle turns red, but you still would have to *scroll along your whole line of sight* to make use of the TF to find cold-blooded enemies.

The thing that is significant is what supercoolisaac has stated before. That it is a superior choice over the other sights. Combined with its clear, amazing reticle and how it clears out visual recoil (as all add-on sights do), it already does a better job than the other sights. Slap on its extra effect of highlighting people, and you will have more reason to use it than ever. But this is not to be mistaken for the cause of your death. Kids think that the TF was the cause of their death every time they see it in the killcam. How ****ing vain. Sure, it totally wasn't you who put yourself in harms way or this game's random combat. Who cares if a kid camped with a TF gun? You ran right in front of the guy and he happened to not be a blind person, so I'm pretty sure you would have died regardless. Excuses, excuses.

/minirant
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#7JonnywestsidePosted 1/21/2013 4:22:03 AM
Target Finder is OP IMO. It makes bad players better and can make good players unstoppable.

If it didnt help them no one would use it. At longer ranges its deadly and allows you to mow down targets you would otherwise miss.

Add in that its counter perk is in the same tier as toughness which is a must have if you plan on doing anything other than shooting people in the back. It should scan for targets at regular intervals.
#8adeelPosted 1/21/2013 4:26:37 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
Ugh...TC's arguments...

Listen, here, chap. TF barely adds kills in most situations. I remember when I used to use it all the time on my FAL (before it got popular - - guilty is charged) and noticed that the TF really would give me a kill only once in a while. I'm talking about people I actually did not see without the help of the TF. 9.5 times out of 10 I still saw people myself before ADSing and killing them. Even when I'd abuse it on carrier by ADSing the whole time, it still really wouldn't show what I didn't already notice myself.

Plus, people may cry saying that cold blooded is a bad counter, but it pretty much removes the only useful effect the attachment has: highlighting enemies. Sure, if you scroll over them the reticle turns red, but you still would have to *scroll along your whole line of sight* to make use of the TF to find cold-blooded enemies.

The thing that is significant is what supercoolisaac has stated before. That it is a superior choice over the other sights. Combined with its clear, amazing reticle and how it clears out visual recoil (as all add-on sights do), it already does a better job than the other sights. Slap on its extra effect of highlighting people, and you will have more reason to use it than ever. But this is not to be mistaken for the cause of your death. Kids think that the TF was the cause of their death every time they see it in the killcam. How ****ing vain. Sure, it totally wasn't you who put yourself in harms way or this game's random combat. Who cares if a kid camped with a TF gun? You ran right in front of the guy and he happened to not be a blind person, so I'm pretty sure you would have died regardless. Excuses, excuses.

/minirant

The reason why it's frowned upon is because, at the end of the day it promotes more camping than anything else. You could tell it was originally brought up on the drawing board has a solution to kill people who head glitch in a more efficient manner. Yet I'm only killed by it by the guy who stands a meter behind a window, aiming down sight with his FAL or LMG and gunning the red square as soon as it pops up.

It's just annoying getting shot at and then dying and then watching the kill cam and realizing you weren't outplayed, you were just killed by a guy who's set up tent in a room right at the back of the map.

Add that with the TF + Riot Shield, that was of thinking most likely causes the user to bring a bouncing betty/claymore to make sure he isn't killed from behind. Just more annoying.

In CoD4 > MW2 > BO1 I feel like I was outplayed in a gun fight, fair and square the guy beat me through skill / reflexes. These new games I'm dying by the most annoying thing.
#9Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/21/2013 4:36:49 AM
adeel posted...
The reason why it's frowned upon is because, at the end of the day it promotes more camping than anything else. You could tell it was originally brought up on the drawing board has a solution to kill people who head glitch in a more efficient manner. Yet I'm only killed by it by the guy who stands a meter behind a window, aiming down sight with his FAL or LMG and gunning the red square as soon as it pops up.

It's just annoying getting shot at and then dying and then watching the kill cam and realizing you weren't outplayed, you were just killed by a guy who's set up tent in a room right at the back of the map.

Add that with the TF + Riot Shield, that was of thinking most likely causes the user to bring a bouncing betty/claymore to make sure he isn't killed from behind. Just more annoying.

In CoD4 > MW2 > BO1 I feel like I was outplayed in a gun fight, fair and square the guy beat me through skill / reflexes. These new games I'm dying by the most annoying thing.

I have a hard time believing that it benefits campers or that it promotes camping. Logically, it would benefit people who move as the more ground you cover, the more you can scan away at the horizon and kill whatever pops up (in a perfect world). You can get better use out of the TF if you are constantly changing your field of view.

If you're not in movement, you probably have a limited field of view, usually with sight obstruction all around you so you could camp with safety. UNLESS, if you mean that kids are headglitching while camping and using the TF. Then my argument above still applies in that they still would see people as they normally would, only, the enemies they already noticed are highlighted for them.

The only true way I can see that it promotes camping is that kids have a wrong delusion that it helps them camp better, and so they use it while camping. And the TF isn't what you should be mad at if you feel that you receive so many BS deaths. Blame things like hectic combat that creates randomness and or lag comp.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#10ors_karPosted 1/21/2013 4:42:33 AM
Just annoying really. If I get killed by it, chances are they would have killed me with any other sight. Only times when it feels like TF gave them an advantage is either when I'm running (it feels like TF helps track motion better) or if I'm slowly edging out of cover to try and get some camper. The windows in Raid and moving around the blocks, come to mind with the latter.

Lately, I have been seeing it on maybe 90% of LMGs though. Unless they play a mode with stable spawns, like domination, TF LMG guys usually get flanked constantly.
---
PSN: theguitarist