Any maps starting to grow on you a little?

#1zerooo0Posted 1/21/2013 8:38:49 AM
Carrier would be that map. At first I hated it, because all people would do just try and Snipe all the time on that map.(Head Glitch also) But, I've learned that people are VERY predictable on that map. I'm awful at memorizing spawns, but I can do it very well on that map. I can also guesstimate where people will go more then half the time.

I still hate Slums though.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#2pieandmashPosted 1/21/2013 8:44:02 AM
Yes, I absolutely hated Standoff as it is a campers paradise but I seem to be getting better scores on it now. I guess as you suggest, this is down to map knowledge and picking better routes.

I always liked carrier, its a nice map for running around the perimeter.

BTW, nobody seems to mention the game type they play when talking about maps so for the record, KC and FFA.
---
Why was Captain Kirks wife brown? Because Bill Shatner
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:46:50 AM
Alright, well I play exclusively FFA. People are highly predictable in FFA on Carrier. They think that they outsmart you, but in reality, you outsmart them.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 1/21/2013 8:50:51 AM
Turbine. Used to hate it, and now I'm dropping swarms on dat b****.

Still think Aftermath is no fun, and Carrier is godawful garbage.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5adeelPosted 1/21/2013 8:50:57 AM
Standoff. Once got 4 warhogs in the span of 4 minutes on it. Played again and got 4 VSATS/EMPS etc, just stick near the middle house on Kill Con and you'll do fine.
#6InsaneriderPosted 1/21/2013 9:14:16 AM
I like pretty much all the maps with Hijacked and Overflow low on the list, though Hijacked is almost exclusively the reason I have 2nd prestige S12 w/ Cherry Blossom camo. I like Standoff the most because it favors gameplay with pretty much any weapon and playstyle and Plaza because I have ACTUAL sniping positions. Slums is okay, it's the map I usually run Angelic and knife the f*** out of people.
If you think Standoff is too easily camped, you haven't tried camping it. Most of the camping positions have 2 - 3 ways in and if you know where they're shooting from, you can shoot them back from an unexpected angle.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#7NidtendofreakPosted 1/21/2013 9:24:34 AM
Plaza. No other maps have changed for me, but Plaza I can tolerate now. Hijacked still needs to go die in a fire.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#8FeelMyBladePosted 1/21/2013 9:27:17 AM
Cargo is one of them. Pretty much on all the maps, I seem to be doing better.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#9gwetmore4523Posted 1/21/2013 9:39:44 AM
Carrier is the that map for me now. I play Domination on it and I've been getting very good gameplays on it recently. The spawns are very easy to manipulate on this map and all of the snipers on the ramp over by C Dom are typically free kills.
---
PSN - W3tm0G
XBL - xM0G
#10DawgwoodPosted 1/21/2013 10:19:08 AM
Originally I didn't like Slums at all, now it's right up there with my favorites. On the flip side, I liked Carrier right off the bat but now I'm not too keen on it. Most maps I can find some type of game mode I enjoy on them at least, but Turbine, Yemen, and Aftermath have little to no redeeming value at all.

As a whole though, my opinion of the maps are much higher than they were for the first month or so, but they are still the second worst set of maps that the series has seen (MW3 easily still the worst).

Favorites: Slums, Standoff, Raid, Nuketown, Hijacked

Average: Cargo, Plaza, Meltdown

Meh: Drone, Express, Carrier, Overflow

Awful: Yemen, Aftermath

Charles Barkley Turrible: Turbine
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg