Mother of god... the single-player is dreadful.

#1B0vrilPosted 1/21/2013 11:43:51 AM
I am about 4 hours in & the game design is utterly incompetent; I can't imagine getting any kind of coherent experience from this game.

Though maybe I expect too much?
#2Aether_LyricPosted 1/21/2013 11:46:52 AM
It's a multiplayer focused game

That said, calling it "dreadful" is a bit silly. FPS campaigns are fun for what they're worth.
#3The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/21/2013 11:49:46 AM
Least this one has multiple endings... And by multiple I mean 2
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/21/2013 11:51:28 AM
B0vril posted...
I can't imagine getting any kind of coherent experience from this game.

what other kind of experience would you get?
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#5AWarAmp84Posted 1/21/2013 11:55:24 AM
I agree. I usually play through the COD games on normal and then Hardcore. I've also put in about 4-5 hours i the single player but I just can't bring myself to finish it
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect and really think about what you're about to write.
#6Mista_MPosted 1/21/2013 12:01:16 PM
This campaign went above my expectations. I enjoyed it. Felt like a movie kind of....

maybe you are expecting too much?
#7slayerxelitePosted 1/21/2013 12:04:14 PM
CoD campaigns are always dumb fun. I found this one pretty enjoyable with branching storylines based on choices.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#8B0vril(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:08:38 PM
Aether_Lyric posted...
It's a multiplayer focused game

So?

Aether_Lyric posted...

That said, calling it "dreadful" is a bit silly. FPS campaigns are fun for what they're worth.

I did not find any fun in playing what I have played so far. And it's not a case of I simply don't like it, it's that the game design is Biblically tragic.
#9hail_filthPosted 1/21/2013 1:20:07 PM
This is the best campaign out of all the CoDs So far IMO.. Mw3 had a terrible campaign, bo 1 wasn't the greatest, mw2 was boring, cod 4 was only fun with the cluster bomb grenades cheat turned on... None of the cod campaigns are very good.. But this one was really fun to play, it actually had a story, it felt very cinematic.. All in all a very well put together campaign. Considerin CoDs history lol
---
We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, god. Sometimes the green mile seems so long.
GT: Nafinchin
#10PWLBizarreJellyPosted 1/21/2013 1:27:28 PM
So what is the problem exactly with the game design? You have an objective, you fight through the enemy to complete the objective, rinse and repeat until you you get to the end. I don't see any problem with it.
---
Do you know how fit an elephant into a Safeway bag?
Take the "S" out of Safe and the "F" out of Way.