Any advice for the Assault Shield?

#1JCross89Posted 1/21/2013 5:55:26 PM
I've been getting better with the assault shield and recently have been able to start going positive with it. It's pretty versatile but definitely has its weaknesses. I would appreciate any tips or advice you think is necessary,fun, or that makes using this as a permanent setup better. My current setup is-

Assault shield
Tac-45 w/FMJ
Flak jacket
Fast hands and scavenger
Tac mask
Shock charge x2
Wildcard x2 tactical
#2genesis42Posted 1/21/2013 5:57:26 PM
No C4s?
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#3yeah_u_madPosted 1/21/2013 5:58:32 PM
I recommend using the Worm camping system.
#4JCross89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:01:51 PM
C4 great idea. That opens up a couple of slots too
#5JCross89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:03:56 PM
Well I actually use to be a sniper and very enthusiastic about it,buttt camping can be meh at times. But what is "worm camping" that you said?
#6TheRealJayveezyPosted 1/21/2013 6:05:33 PM
C4 is awesome with a shield using XX. I think dual B23Rs or Kap 40s or hell, even dual Tac-45s would be a better choice. I also don't what mode you play in. I have 4 different shield classes I switch between depending on what game mode I'm playing.
#7ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/21/2013 6:08:46 PM
youtube.com/blackxworm

that's worm camping....

I think he wants to use the shield for actually taking and clearing out objectives though, not ultra camping.
#8JCross89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:09:37 PM
I mostly play Core TDM and KC. Any better modes suited for this play style?..btw this was my first post on any game site period. Thanks for replying so quickly.
#9TheRealJayveezyPosted 1/21/2013 6:26:12 PM(edited)
Hold on. I think you have too many points. I'm confused.

There's a couple different ways you can go. Fast hands&scavenger are always a good idea with the shield. You will be doing quick swaps to your secondary, and using lots of equipment. Sometimes I will use light weight instead of flak. For modes like Dom that is going to get you killed, but in the modes you are playing it's worth trying. Instead of tac mask you can also consider extreme conditioning or dexterity. Dexterity speeds up the speed of melee so if you go for some shield bashes this can help. Another thing to try is concussions vs shock charges. I like them both and they both definitely have a purpose. Shocks are very nice for being able to check a room but if no one is there you get to pick it back up. Concussions are more powerful though.

Really you need to try some different combinations like I suggested and find what works best for you depending on how you play the shield. You may find a couple different variations you enjoy to use. You may even find something I didn't suggest that you find works for you. Good luck sir! And have fun!
#10DirrtyRockstarrPosted 1/21/2013 6:28:30 PM
I use it as part of a knifing class sometimes.

Shield.
Combat Knife.

Ghost/Lightweight.
Fast Hands.
Extreme Conditioning/Engineer.

2x Concussive.

Use shield to either keep your back covered, or to block bullets head-on so you can get close enough to quickly swap to your knife and shank 'em. Stuns for closing in on a kill with either the shield or knife, or for throwing with your shield up.

I keep my knife out most of the time to get places faster, and swap to shield when you get into areas you suspect has enemies.

Or you can just plant the shield down and stand behind it with an LMG.
---
It doesn't make me unfaithful, unless I'm laying down the cable...