If MW2 came out after this game, would it be better?

#41Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/22/2013 12:08:40 PM
Mw2 is my favorite CoD, but even I admit that removing the OMA+NTs wouldn't exactly help it fit for the current time. It would need only a slight bit of modernization, like adding a pick 10 system and removing stopping power. But removing stopping power would open a whole new box of balance issues, so IDEK.

BUT, beyond all that, MW2 had great maps, guns, and combat flow. It would be the perfect CoD.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#42BrownPackPosted 1/22/2013 12:22:38 PM
TimandEric posted...
DutchZombie posted...
NinjaDeath911 posted...
No
The kill streaks were too much
Every gun killed in like 2 shots giving you zero room to shoot back
The ice skating around the map with marathon/lightweight
The maps were overrated
Nukes were dumb
Did I mention that this game was more about kill streaks and less about gun play?
Or how horrible an idea shotguns as secondaries was?

All I hear people cry about is "it was easier to get kills in mw2"

So I'm assuming you just suck at the blops series

Go back to MW2 and stay there with your death streaks lol

Sounds like you suck, buddy. It's not like BO was more difficult to get kills in. It was just more difficult to stay alive in MW2. Apparently that's a skill you failed to adapt to. Everything you listed was easily preventable and COD has never been just about gun on gun gameplay, so stop using that argument. It makes you look very ignorant.

Stopped reading at the bolded (moronic) statement. It's called a First Person Shooter for a reason. God forbid "shooting" someone in a first person "shooter" would be the primary method of getting kills right? I suppose Call of Duty 1 through 4 never existed either?

You kids and your precious killstreaks, what would you do without them?

STUPID STUPID logic. Just because a game is called a "First Person Shooter doesn't mean it necessarily is. The Resident Evil series has been called "Survival Horror" the entire series, but was debatable ever since RE5 and RE6. Hell, even people thought RE4 wasn't very survival horror like at all either.

And if you're going to say MW2 is a First Person Shooter, where shooting someone is the main way to kill them, then everyone who complains about killstreaks has an invalid argument.
#43TimandEricPosted 1/22/2013 1:07:43 PM
BrownPack posted...

STUPID STUPID logic. Just because a game is called a "First Person Shooter doesn't mean it necessarily is. The Resident Evil series has been called "Survival Horror" the entire series, but was debatable ever since RE5 and RE6. Hell, even people thought RE4 wasn't very survival horror like at all either.

And if you're going to say MW2 is a First Person Shooter, where shooting someone is the main way to kill them, then everyone who complains about killstreaks has an invalid argument.

......ummm what? This game is very much an FPS, are you seriously arguing that it isn't? STUPID STUPID post...
#44SpydogKPosted 1/22/2013 1:26:26 PM
Yes. It would literally blow every CoD (bar 4) out the water. Besides the stuff that ultimately broke the game, the game was extremely well made. I can't wait for the guys who left Infinity Ward and are starting their own company to release there next game.

This whole post is hilarious, but the bold is especially fail worthy. This is exactly why it's the worst COD multiplayer... Totally broken and Infinity Ward refused to do anything about it...

I would completely give up on the series, as would all TRUE COD fans.

P.S. Jessica Alba has herpes and Megan Fox is not good looking, plus she has toe thumbs, so I wouldn't mess with either... Now Meagan Good on the other hand... :)
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#45Shura_SurplicePosted 1/22/2013 1:31:21 PM
kennyindy posted...
Yes. It would literally blow every CoD (bar 4) out the water. Besides the stuff that ultimately broke the game, the game was extremely well made. I can't wait for the guys who left Infinity Ward and are starting their own company to release there next game.

This whole post is hilarious, but the bold is especially fail worthy. This is exactly why it's the worst COD multiplayer... Totally broken and Infinity Ward refused to do anything about it...

P.S. Jessica Alba has herpes and Megan Fox is not good looking, plus she has toe thumbs, so I wouldn't mess with either... Now Meagan Good on the other hand... :)

Lol I forgot about the herpes. TBH I don't find Jessica that beautiful, she has a nice body but her face is meh to me.

Fox was pretty cute imo before she f***** up her face.
#46KiloMedaPosted 1/22/2013 1:34:16 PM
MW2 increased the power on everything
MW2 may seem better as it pumped up the intensity on just about every aspect of the game: More powerful killstreaks, guns, knives, running, explosives etc.. The maps were also much more complex than the other CODs (4-Blops 2 - I never played MW3 though).

So, MW2 would seem like a better game if it came out next, considering it never existed yet.

But, since I have actually experienced MW2, I don't think it would be a better game.

Black Ops toned it down
Black Ops 2 has a fairly nice balance of weapons, explosives and scorestreaks. It kind of did the opposite of MW2 and toned everything down.

I really appreciate that they did so and would not like to go back to all of the craziness of MW2. I like that perks, killstreaks, and explosives are weaker and have multiple ways to counter them.

"netcode"/ "lag comp" / theater mode hogging all the latency
I do think MW2 would be an upgrade. I remember playing COD4 a few months after BO1 and it just felt much smoother..... until hackers and back2back2back choppers ruined the moment. MW2 felt smoother as well.

Maps
I do not mind most of the BO2 maps, but I do hate that they are so symmetrical and some have so few flanking/alternate routes. MW2 had amazing, complex maps but that it was hard to know where the enemy was until they shot you from some obscure angle.

I disliked rundown because there were only 3 routes to cross the middle. It seems like most BO2 maps follow the same formula. I miss the open spaces....
#47TimandEricPosted 1/22/2013 1:45:10 PM
kennyindy posted...

Agreed, this is the problem with and what makes most MW2 fanboys particularly annoying. They conveniently overlook all the glaring flaws and fundamentally broken game mechanics and only see the potential that the game had, not what the game actually was.
#48FeelMyBladePosted 1/22/2013 1:47:44 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
Mw2 is my favorite CoD, but even I admit that removing the OMA+NTs wouldn't exactly help it fit for the current time. It would need only a slight bit of modernization, like adding a pick 10 system and removing stopping power. But removing stopping power would open a whole new box of balance issues, so IDEK.

BUT, beyond all that, MW2 had great maps, guns, and combat flow. It would be the perfect CoD.

Some of the maps were great (even the DLC ones). but some of them are terrible.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#49jae_freezePosted 1/22/2013 1:57:03 PM
Yes for these reasons:

- Awesome maps, including BIG OPEN maps.
- Silenced three-burst pistol
- RPD w/Grip
- HB sensor M16
- Awesome KS's
- And my personal favorite...Extended Mags Spray 12 baby.
#50DutchZombiePosted 1/22/2013 2:24:11 PM
TimandEric posted...

Stopped reading at the bolded (moronic) statement. It's called a First Person Shooter for a reason. God forbid "shooting" someone in a first person "shooter" would be the primary method of getting kills right? I suppose Call of Duty 1 through 4 never existed either?

You kids and your precious killstreaks, what would you do without them?

Right, because COD4 did not in any way shape or form added RPG elements to its multiplayer. Are those traditional FPS mechanics? I'll answer that question for you, genius, no they are not. Did COD become the biggest franchise on earth, because players just enjoy shooting guns and only guns? No, players do like their kill streaks. It's one of the major draws of the franchise that allows players to play however they want to (guns optional).

FPS is merely a label for for idiots online to orgasm about. Clearly COD evolved into a game that broke the mold of what an FPS was. (note that I never called it an FPS but a game instead). Even the older games had features not commonly seen in FPS's at the time, like the tactical grenades. So yeah, COD has never just been about guns.

Also, I probably was one of the two people that regularly played Barebones in MW2 and pulled similar scores in both Barebones and Core. The kill streaks didn't matter for me, so bad arguments on your part all around.