If MW2 came out after this game, would it be better?

#51dario1101Posted 1/22/2013 2:45:21 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
- Step 1: Use MW2's netcode.
- Step 2: Use MW's map design.
- Step 3: Use Blops 2's pick 10 system.
- Step 4: BALANCE THE DAMN GUNS.
- Step 5: Ditch the campaign, instead spending more time on steps 1 -4.

We'd never need another shooter again.

Here's the thing: They'll never do it. Every CoD is only allowed to get a few things right. Leaving everything else broken ensures that we'll be just fed up enough to buy the 'new' one next year, while just hopeful enough that this is the one with all of the above.

They've built a devious machine, they have.

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Calm down there buddy, The only reason i really got the game for was the Campaign. I honestly don't care about Multiplayer, it's just a Side order to me. My main course is Campaign. Then my dessert is the Special Ops/Zombies :)

And can I didn't really like MW2. All that stopping power made guns so OP to the point where they could kill you in 1-2 hits...
Oh and OMA really didn't bother me. I ran Blast shield :D
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-164! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#52PsyEdPosted 1/22/2013 2:58:41 PM
IMHO anything by the REAL Infinity Ward is far superior than anything from TA. And I would kick out megan and get on my knees to get back Alba....I prefer real women to plastic.
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN
#53kingPaxPosted 1/22/2013 3:01:59 PM
I always said that if you removed OMA/DC from MW2 it would be the perfect COD. I loved the killstreaks, the netcode, and the class system which favored making a player powerful, instead of limiting abilities.

To be honest I like COD's where one player can take over the game instead of having to rely on teamwork. I felt that in MW2 if I'm in a lobby, and I realize that I got the worst players in the lobby on my team, I can put on the nuke and try to win the game that way.

In my opinion MW2 is the best COD, and the only reason I even play other ones is because I get annoyed with the noobtubes in it. If they were to take that out MW2 would be my second favorite shooting game ever.
#54gameflakPosted 1/22/2013 3:02:42 PM
I think Valve should take over COD and make it more like the original counterstrike. Valve know how to make a fun and functional shooter.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#55ThisIsMithosPosted 1/22/2013 3:56:01 PM
OBVIOUSLY, the people who say the game isn't about gun play really are reliant on killstreak rewards to do good.

Going from Harrier-CG/AC-130-Nuke took some luck, but it certainly didn't take a lot of gun skill, now did it? Especially with Danger Close Pro...

I thought the two things MW2 excelled at were connection and gun balance. Just about every gun was diverse and had its useful niche. On the other hand, they was just so many things wrong with the game.

The maps overall sucked IMO. Terminal was the only map I actually enjoyed, and maps like Afghan and Sub Base were ok. Then you had maps like Derail and Estate especially that were just bleh. Estate might be the campiest map in CoD history.

So if they took the gun balance and latency from MW2, that would be a good start. The KS rewards among other things...not so much. CoD should be about guns. This isn't Battlefield. CoD 4 and WaW did this so well. KS rewards were supplementary and you really had to rely on a grenade or two and bullets for most of the dirty work.
---
TAL
[] Brawl FC [] [] 3569-0641-0439 []
#56TimandEricPosted 1/22/2013 8:26:27 PM
DutchZombie posted...
TimandEric posted...

Stopped reading at the bolded (moronic) statement. It's called a First Person Shooter for a reason. God forbid "shooting" someone in a first person "shooter" would be the primary method of getting kills right? I suppose Call of Duty 1 through 4 never existed either?

You kids and your precious killstreaks, what would you do without them?

Right, because COD4 did not in any way shape or form added RPG elements to its multiplayer. Are those traditional FPS mechanics? I'll answer that question for you, genius, no they are not. Did COD become the biggest franchise on earth, because players just enjoy shooting guns and only guns? No, players do like their kill streaks. It's one of the major draws of the franchise that allows players to play however they want to (guns optional).

FPS is merely a label for for idiots online to orgasm about. Clearly COD evolved into a game that broke the mold of what an FPS was. (note that I never called it an FPS but a game instead). Even the older games had features not commonly seen in FPS's at the time, like the tactical grenades. So yeah, COD has never just been about guns.

Also, I probably was one of the two people that regularly played Barebones in MW2 and pulled similar scores in both Barebones and Core. The kill streaks didn't matter for me, so bad arguments on your part all around.

"Guns optional?" Just stop and read what you said there, because that is one of the most ridiculous arguments i've ever seen anyone try to make. How on earth do you guys think that a Call of Duty game where you can play with a "guns optional" play style is anything but completely ludicrous?

Call of Duty IS an FPS. Does it have certain RPG elements to it? Sure, but you can deny reality all you want, Call of Duty IS an FPS. You have a First Person View and use guns to shoot enemies......it's an FPS, it's pretty simple.

The most mind-numbingly annoying thing about MW2 fanboys is that you guys are the ultimate hypocrites. You gripe and complain about all the "flaws" of every game since, and then proceed to put MW2 on this pedestal and claim it was nothing but rainbows and unicorns. The most hilarious argument I always hear is the false notion that "OMA/DC is the only thing that kept that game from being God's gift to humanity".

While I admit it was very enjoyable in it's heyday, the game was a broken mess from launch date, and no amount of patches were going to fix all the glitches, exploits, and fundamentally flawed gameplay mechanics. Javelin glitch, CP glitch, Shottys as secondaries, akimbo 1887s, MLC knifers, OMA/DC, scavenger claymore resupply, and yes, ridiculously powerful stacking killstreaks.

And please don't gimme that "COD4 started the killstreak trend" crap, because it didn't. MW had a very simple 3-5-7 setup that still kept the gameplay focused on gun combat. It wasn't until MW2 that they introduced the cluster-f**k of random KS's that shifted the focus from actual gun combat to the "camp for killstreaks" and combo-chaining playstyles that now infest this franchise.

Of course killstreaks matter to you, why else would u try and construct such a logically flawed argument in order to defend them? We get it, you guys like the "easy kills" that killstreaks provide, but you fail to realize that killstreaks have bastardized what Call of Duty used to and SHOULD be about. Call of Duty has been and should be about the players demonstrating their skill and competing using GUNS, not magic super-powered killstreak rewards that require little to no effort to use. (Rant over) good day sir
#57MrBombasticaIPosted 1/22/2013 8:41:21 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
The maps overall sucked IMO.

Afghan: Amazing
Bailout: Great
Carnival: Interesting, and fun to play on
Crash: Amazing
Derail: Good
Estate: Campy, but great
Favela: Amazing
Fuel: Meh
Highrise: Amazing
Invasion: Amazing
Karachi: Average
Overgrown: Amazing
Quarry: Great
Rundown: Meh
Rust: Bad, but fun
Salvage: Good
Scrapyard: Amazing
Skidrow: Amazing
Strike: Good
Storm: Meh
Sub Base: Amazing
Terminal: Amazing
Trailer Park: Good
Underpass: Bad
Wasteland: God
Vacant: Amazing

What are you on about?
#58PvtPorkSordPosted 1/22/2013 8:45:03 PM
If MW3 came out after this game it would be better.

Don't get me wrong this is fun when it works which is more often than not. However when it goes bad its so bad I put it away for days at a time so I don't break my controller or give myself a tumor out of anger.
#59RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/22/2013 8:45:15 PM
TimandEric posted...
DutchZombie posted...
NinjaDeath911 posted...
No
The kill streaks were too much
Every gun killed in like 2 shots giving you zero room to shoot back
The ice skating around the map with marathon/lightweight
The maps were overrated
Nukes were dumb
Did I mention that this game was more about kill streaks and less about gun play?
Or how horrible an idea shotguns as secondaries was?

All I hear people cry about is "it was easier to get kills in mw2"

So I'm assuming you just suck at the blops series

Go back to MW2 and stay there with your death streaks lol

Sounds like you suck, buddy. It's not like BO was more difficult to get kills in. It was just more difficult to stay alive in MW2. Apparently that's a skill you failed to adapt to. Everything you listed was easily preventable and COD has never been just about gun on gun gameplay, so stop using that argument. It makes you look very ignorant.

Stopped reading at the bolded (moronic) statement. It's called a First Person Shooter for a reason. God forbid "shooting" someone in a first person "shooter" would be the primary method of getting kills right? I suppose Call of Duty 1 through 4 never existed either?

LOL and true
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#60RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/22/2013 8:46:36 PM
DutchZombie posted...
TimandEric posted...

Right, because COD4 did not in any way shape or form added RPG elements to its multiplayer. Are those traditional FPS mechanics? I'll answer that question for you, genius, no they are not. Did COD become the biggest franchise on earth, because players just enjoy shooting guns and only guns? No, players do like their kill streaks. It's one of the major draws of the franchise that allows players to play however they want to (guns optional).

FPS is merely a label for for idiots online to orgasm about. Clearly COD evolved into a game that broke the mold of what an FPS was. (note that I never called it an FPS but a game instead). Even the older games had features not commonly seen in FPS's at the time, like the tactical grenades. So yeah, COD has never just been about guns.

Also, I probably was one of the two people that regularly played Barebones in MW2 and pulled similar scores in both Barebones and Core. The kill streaks didn't matter for me, so bad arguments on your part all around.

An added RPG was your comeback to his post.... Bahahaha
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2