If MW2 came out after this game, would it be better?

#71DutchZombiePosted 1/23/2013 5:50:43 PM
BrownPack posted...
DutchZombie posted...
Right, because you saying that people that like MW2 only do because of the kill streaks, is totally different. Even if we play Barebones (that's the mode without kill streaks), we still like the game because we need kill streaks to do the work for us. Yeah, your logic is infallible.

1) your argument was that COD4 was primarily about gun on gun gameplay. Where do Frag X3, Martyrdom and noob tubes figure into that equation? Are they guns? Does Martyrdom not get you an easy free kill? Your argument is not only flawed, it's a complete fabrication.

2)Chopper chaining was easier, because after getting that chopper you wouldn't have to fire a shot for the rest of the match. Same can't be said for CG/AC-130.

3)The Rock glitch on Fuel was out of the way. The only reason anybody went there, was to shoot rock glitchers. It's certainly not worse than the Overgrown rock glitch or Treyarch sucking at making foot steps audible. Patched glitches shouldn't even be mentioned, since they don't even exist anymore. MLC, akimbo raffica's and shotguns were all fine. You'd have to be a real sore loser to complain about those. So yeah, you do suck. Anyone that even had half a brain could do well with ANY set-up in MW2, so if you couldn't hack it then that's your bad. So unless you have anything besides your constant whining as proof, you should just stop embarrassing yourself.

I really wish people who tried to mention patched stuff would get banned. Seriously. I'm tired of MW2 haters hating on things that don't even exist anymore.

That and their insanely narrow definition of what an FPS should be. These people are a blight. Games should be judged on their own merits and not on a superficial outdated label. Glad to see a few people still have common sense on this board.
#72Crono exePosted 1/23/2013 5:52:56 PM
No
The kill streaks were too much
Every gun killed in like 2 shots giving you zero room to shoot back
The ice skating around the map with marathon/lightweight

-Stinger and cold blooded, rarely anyone used a stinger in their classes, I guarantee that if two people used Stingers on the opposite team, your AC-130 and chopper gunner wouldn't last 5 seconds. And that is a fact.
-Come on man not every gun was like that and even those that were it made less than 0.1 second of a difference. Also some guns kill in two shots in this game as well.
-Marathon and lightweight made the game more fluid and less campy. People that used that combo did not have stopping power so its not like it matters.

The maps were overrated
Nukes were dumb
Did I mention that this game was more about kill streaks and less about gun play?

-Opinion. They may be overrated but they were in fact the most balanced maps out of every CoD, maybe on par with CoD4.
-If someone got it doing the 7-11-25 combo then you or your team simply suck, you could see people trying for a nuke miles away and it only takes 1 kill to prevent that. And if he didn't use those killstreaks then damn right he deserves a nuke. Its not like every game had nukes.
-Lie.

Or how horrible an idea shotguns as secondaries was?
All I hear people cry about is "it was easier to get kills in mw2"

-You got owned by them haha.
-Good people will get a lot of kills in any CoD. Skill is skill. People who suck will still die.

So I'm assuming you just suck at the blops series

No man, you're blindly hating on MW2. Maybe you're the one that suck at it.

Go back to MW2 and stay there with your death streaks lol

Ok enjoy your broken camera and lag compensation "lol".

I'm not hating on Blops btw. But you can't deny MW2 was THE game.
---
Con ganas de engrasar la macana. Quien no?
#73xMr_PolyxPosted 1/23/2013 6:01:47 PM
Why the hell do people always use the "you hate it because you suck at it" argument? God forbid a game has flaws that make a people not like it.

I suck at both MW2 and BO2, but I enjoy BO2 a hell of a lot more. MW2 and MW3 are, for me personally, the worst CoD games ever made. The reasons why have already been listed by others before me. MW2 may have had better netcoding, but everything else about it was an unbalanced mess. Once I got rid of it I never missed it.

So basically, to answer the topic question, no, it wouldn't be better. I'm actually surprised that I'm saying this, but for once the current CoD has been a step up from the one/s before it.
---
PSN: xMrPolyx, XBL: Mister Poly
League of Legends: MrPoly
#74DutchZombiePosted 1/23/2013 6:47:52 PM
xMr_Polyx posted...
Why the hell do people always use the "you hate it because you suck at it" argument? God forbid a game has flaws that make a people not like it.

I suck at both MW2 and BO2, but I enjoy BO2 a hell of a lot more. MW2 and MW3 are, for me personally, the worst CoD games ever made. The reasons why have already been listed by others before me. MW2 may have had better netcoding, but everything else about it was an unbalanced mess. Once I got rid of it I never missed it.

So basically, to answer the topic question, no, it wouldn't be better. I'm actually surprised that I'm saying this, but for once the current CoD has been a step up from the one/s before it.

Having a preference is fine. If you don't like the fast paced action of MW2 and prefer another title then that's fine. Saying that MW2 is the worst game (or COD) is just being salty for no good reason. Many would argue it's one of the BEST balanced games. NO COD ever has been perfect. Most people that like MW2 will acknowledge that OMA/DC and the Nuke were flaws. One bad perk combo certainly makes for a better game than a game that screws up the basics (that's my opinion anyway). If you complain about shotguns, Commando or kill streaks, chances are you were doing something wrong. I enjoy BO2 as well, when it works.
#75BrownPackPosted 1/24/2013 8:58:36 AM
DutchZombie posted...
xMr_Polyx posted...

Having a preference is fine. If you don't like the fast paced action of MW2 and prefer another title then that's fine. Saying that MW2 is the worst game (or COD) is just being salty for no good reason. Many would argue it's one of the BEST balanced games. NO COD ever has been perfect. Most people that like MW2 will acknowledge that OMA/DC and the Nuke were flaws. One bad perk combo certainly makes for a better game than a game that screws up the basics (that's my opinion anyway). If you complain about shotguns, Commando or kill streaks, chances are you were doing something wrong. I enjoy BO2 as well, when it works.

My View:

MW2 is a game that works fine (mechanically) and has little to no problems with netcoding, hit detection, etc. The only thing that makes it a bad experience is if you either can't keep up (suck) or the community is just being annoying. Yes, it is easy to die in MW2. It is the easiest CoD to die in, but it is also the CoD where you can kill the fastest. Pair this up with the perfect netcoding, and playing MW2 is like staying on Hardcore mode in comparison to every CoD since. In MW2, you really need to play smarter to stay alive, as your life can end in about 3-4 bullets at most ranges. Hell, some even kill faster than that.

-on the other hand-

BO/MW3/BO2 are games that were designed on paper to be pretty damn good to be honest. The thing is, these THREE games were all released AFTER MW2, and NOT one of them has ever been able to get even a mile close to the smooth netcoding and hit detection of MW2 or even Cod4 for that matter. This is the key thing that makes it bad, is that the game itself isn't working as it should. On top of that, you also have to deal with the childish and immature community.

tl;dr, It's okay to have preference. It's okay to prefer other CoDs than MW2. It's just that there are just absolutely NO grounds to say it qualifies for being the worst simply because at it's bare minimum, it performs and runs the best we've seen so far. Every complaint that us MW2 fans have heard from you guys was nothing but a sack of complaints about things that can be avoided if you were a better player. A good player can avoid noobtubes, quickscopers, shotguns, UMPs, claymores, RPGs, Killstreaks, etc, but even the perfect player can't avoid terrible netcoding and engine.
#76SpydogKPosted 1/26/2013 12:26:43 AM
TimandEric posted...
kennyindy posted...
Yes. It would literally blow every CoD (bar 4) out the water. Besides the stuff that ultimately broke the game, the game was extremely well made. I can't wait for the guys who left Infinity Ward and are starting their own company to release there next game.

This whole post is hilarious, but the bold is especially fail worthy. This is exactly why it's the worst COD multiplayer... Totally broken and Infinity Ward refused to do anything about it...

I would completely give up on the series, as would all TRUE COD fans.

P.S. Jessica Alba has herpes and Megan Fox is not good looking, plus she has toe thumbs, so I wouldn't mess with either... Now Meagan Good on the other hand... :)

Agreed, this is the problem with and what makes most MW2 fanboys particularly annoying. They conveniently overlook all the glaring flaws and fundamentally broken game mechanics and only see the potential that the game had, not what the game actually was.

This. Even worse, many of these same people were vocal critics of the game not only when it was released, but after BO came out, too.

Basically me, you and TimandEric are the only ones in this thread that aren't blinded by nostalgia glasses...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#77DutchZombiePosted 1/26/2013 6:21:05 AM
kennyindy posted...
TimandEric posted...
kennyindy posted...
Yes. It would literally blow every CoD (bar 4) out the water. Besides the stuff that ultimately broke the game, the game was extremely well made. I can't wait for the guys who left Infinity Ward and are starting their own company to release there next game.

This whole post is hilarious, but the bold is especially fail worthy. This is exactly why it's the worst COD multiplayer... Totally broken and Infinity Ward refused to do anything about it...

P.S. Jessica Alba has herpes and Megan Fox is not good looking, plus she has toe thumbs, so I wouldn't mess with either... Now Meagan Good on the other hand... :)

Agreed, this is the problem with and what makes most MW2 fanboys particularly annoying. They conveniently overlook all the glaring flaws and fundamentally broken game mechanics and only see the potential that the game had, not what the game actually was.

This. Even worse, many of these same people were vocal critics of the game not only when it was released, but after BO came out, too.

Basically me, you and TimandEric are the only ones in this thread that aren't blinded by nostalgia glasses...
Lol, I would say you guys are blinded by hate and tears, because you were too lazy to use a Stinger every once in a while. Get good kids.
#78SpydogKPosted 1/27/2013 1:19:11 AM
kennyindy posted...
TimandEric posted...
kennyindy posted...

Lol, I would say you guys are blinded by hate and tears, because you were too lazy to use a Stinger every once in a while. Get good kids.

Ah, yes- the old "nothing was wrong with the game- you just suck" argument. Pathetic.

You just proved my point. Fanboys are BLINDED by the nostalgia- nevermind the BROKEN gameplay... I didn't suck at the game, I could easily dominate. I am speaking from an OBJECTIVE standpoint as an ORIGINAL adapter of the series...

MW2 sucks, and no amount of "well besides oma/dc and mlc it was perfect" will ever change that fact because Infinity Ward refuse to fix the game.

FAIL.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#79DutchZombiePosted 1/27/2013 6:34:33 AM
I'm sorry, all I hear is broken WAAAH!! MLC wasn't broken. Annoying maybe. If you did dominate, then something as minor as MLC shouldn't have bothered you enough to mention as a "broken" gameplay mechanic. Nevermind you noobs can't even form a coherent sentence as to WHY a certain mechanic is broken. All you do is cry and cry. Even OMA/DC wasn't as OP and frequent as people make it out to be. I could dominate as well, but I could do it with ANY set-up. So once again, I'm sorry if you only could do well using an AR/shotgun combo with a noob tube. So unless you can come up with something else other than "MW2 is broken and you have to use OP stuff to do well", I'll just consider you a troll or too dumb for basic human communication. Either way it's pretty amusing...
#80BrownPackPosted 1/29/2013 7:24:36 PM
DutchZombie posted...
I'm sorry, all I hear is broken WAAAH!! MLC wasn't broken. Annoying maybe. If you did dominate, then something as minor as MLC shouldn't have bothered you enough to mention as a "broken" gameplay mechanic. Nevermind you noobs can't even form a coherent sentence as to WHY a certain mechanic is broken. All you do is cry and cry. Even OMA/DC wasn't as OP and frequent as people make it out to be. I could dominate as well, but I could do it with ANY set-up. So once again, I'm sorry if you only could do well using an AR/shotgun combo with a noob tube. So unless you can come up with something else other than "MW2 is broken and you have to use OP stuff to do well", I'll just consider you a troll or too dumb for basic human communication. Either way it's pretty amusing...

Exactly. How the hell could a player say "I dominated in MW2" but then say it was the absolute worst? It just doesn't add up. If you're good at a game, wouldn't it only make sense that you enjoy it? It makes no sense to be good at a game you hate. The people who say they dominate but hate MW2 HAVE to be trolling. There's just no way you can hate the game unless you suck, or if there's something really wrong with the game, and judging by what I've seen the MW2 whiners complain about (patched problems, shotguns lol, killstreaks, etc) they really simply must suck at not only MW2, but at CoD in general.