C/D: Call of Duty made a turn for the worse with the release of BO1

#11SpydogKPosted 1/22/2013 1:15:44 PM
The series turned horrible when the masses allowed the atrocity that was MW2 to remain popular and did not hold Infinity Ward accountable for the most broken multiplayer of the series...

The fact anyone still tries to blame Treyarch for the series going downhill baffles me.
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#12slayerxelitePosted 1/22/2013 1:17:12 PM
D

The bottom of the barrel was hit with the atrocities of MW2. Its been back on the up since then.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#13SparkItUpPosted 1/22/2013 1:29:42 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...
SparkItUp posted...
BipBapBam posted...
BO1 is amazing. The series turned horrible with MW3.

You liked the Bugs Bunny graphics & sounds of BO1? you liked that horrible hit detection? you liked a game that was broken day 1? you like a game with an absolutely abysmal campaign? you like a game that had horrible map design?

Have you played blops 2? You just described it perfectly.

one in the same really...sad thing is, I am finding BO II worse than BO1
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#14SparkItUpPosted 1/22/2013 1:34:59 PM(edited)
Lerp85 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
BipBapBam posted...

You liked the Bugs Bunny graphics & sounds of BO1? you liked that horrible hit detection? you liked a game that was broken day 1? you like a game with an absolutely abysmal campaign? you like a game that had horrible map design?

It did not have cartoon graphics, and even if it did as long as the gameplay is good thats what matters the most. Its hit detection was no worse than other COD games. Every COD is pretty much broken day one. And IMO its campaign was better than any other COD. That maps were pretty good as well, IMO.

Campaign was horrible...just constant whining about the numbers...This & BOII are the only campaigns I have never bothered to finish because they were absolutely horrible. BOII graphics are insanely dated, it feels like you are iceskating everywhere you go...If you are this easily impressed, would love to see your reaction at an actual quality game.

As far as "every CoD" as you put it being broke day 1....apparently you haven't played anything outside of BO & BOII.

As far as saying hit detection was just as bad as anything else...wow...just wow..proof positive you didn't play a CoD game previous to BO.
---
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#15BaseballtitanPosted 1/22/2013 1:35:25 PM
SparkItUp posted...

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Nothing in the series has come close to how great CoD4 and Mw2 were.
---
I will refrain from changing this sig until Mike Trout wins his first MVP award.
Gt: MannkinD - PSN: A0Tone
#16chicken8orPosted 1/22/2013 1:36:40 PM
MW2 was the beginning of the end. I can't say it's gotten worse since then because MW2 is the second worst game in the series only edging out MW3.

CoD4 > CoD1 = CoD2 > W@W > BLOPS2 (without the lag issues) > BLOPS = CoD3 >>> MW2 >>>>>>>>>> MW3
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#17NiNtEnDoMaNiAc1Posted 1/22/2013 1:37:51 PM
C, BO1 was awful. MW3 was alright but the maps were terrible and this is awful.
---
GT: Mardy nS
All spelling mistakes are thanks to the iPhone I love dearly.
#18SparkItUpPosted 1/22/2013 5:55:48 PM
Baseballtitan posted...
SparkItUp posted...

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Nothing in the series has come close to how great CoD4 and Mw2 were.

Couldn't agree more. Again, MW2 had it's issues, I'd be a liar if I said it didn't....but the thing is, everything in MW2 that was an issue, had a counter...you just had to be clever enough to figure it out and good enough to execute.

I liked CoD4...I wasn't very good at it, but I liked it a lot. It was very basic, fantastic map design, and it really had no issues. I played it after MW2, and it reminded me very much of MW2, except a bit more basic. It had a fantastic campaign, it's multiplayer was great and again, very few issues.
---
#19VelociswaggerPosted 1/22/2013 5:56:24 PM
BipBapBam posted...

---
Operator rH
#20BoyWitArabStrapPosted 1/22/2013 6:03:39 PM
CoD2
W@W
CoD4
Blops
MW2

MW3