C/D: Call of Duty made a turn for the worse with the release of BO1

#41Halo_ForeverPosted 1/23/2013 4:02:28 AM(edited)
SparkItUp posted...
You liked the Bugs Bunny graphics & sounds of BO1?

Can't that I'd see or hear it like that

you liked that horrible hit detection?

I've played WaW and that was worse. BO hit detection was to me on par with CoD4, which I can play to this day

you liked a game that was broken day 1?

Started playing online in December so no complaints there.

you like a game with an absolutely abysmal campaign?

Definitely its worst point, it was very scripted like Modern Warfare 2, but also incredibly restricting in how you fought. I liked Kowloon and the Rusalka assault though.

you like a game that had horrible map design?

For my part the best map design in the series when combined with the gameplay. Power positions give you an advantage but do not allow you to headglitch dominate (e.g. the intersection window in Villa was easily defended but actually using it made you vulnerable). Despite generally having small maps, the spawns were still safe. Also potential headglitch positions were incredibly few in number (Grid had one incredibly risky position, yet potentially good spot). After MW2's spot the headglitcher-maps BO's were a godsend.

If you are this easily impressed, would love to see your reaction at an actual quality game.

Mind mentioning titles? I was fairly impressed by BOII's campaign and I own roughly 35% of the X360 library (when sports titles are omitted it goes to around 43%).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#42posty1987Posted 1/23/2013 5:17:37 AM
D Black Ops 1 was one of the best in the series, MW3 probably being the weakest along with WaW
---
n2l.enjin.com
#43Jeh64Posted 1/23/2013 5:23:07 AM
D bo1 was one of my favs.
#44gnosox1986Posted 1/23/2013 5:47:28 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
A massive D from me.

The only blip in the series for me is MW3, everything else has been decent enough.

This.

BO1 was the best COD imo.

But after how great COD4 and MW2 were, decent just doesn't cut it. I dont want to play decent games. I'd rather take my $60 and buy 2-3 games that have been out that are much better. I.E - After hearing MW3 was bad, i decided to buy RE:5 and Splinter Cell: conviction. I later borrowered MW3 from a friend who was tired of it, and relized i made the right decision. Now i bought this and have regretted it. I now invest my time in NHL, La Noire, and Batman Arkham Asylum. I would sell BO2, but some buddies back from my college day play, so i keep it around to occationally play with them...

BO1 was ok, but after how "meh" BO2 and MW3 were, i think im done with COD. There are some good SP games out there, and it worth more of my time to enjoy those than waste time on average re-hashes.
---
GT- DARTH GNO69
Now Playing: NHL 13, NCAA 13, FIFA 12, CoD: MW3, Madden12, Splinter Cell: Conviction
#45HeyPeterManPosted 1/23/2013 6:17:52 AM
cod4>blops1>blops2>WoW. those are the only ones i liked. mw 2&3 i thought were trash.
---
"Were here for a good time, not a long time." Colin McRae
#46jumbocatPosted 1/23/2013 6:42:15 AM
BO was a sloppy turd. Terrible hit detection, worse graphics and sound (than MW2), samey weapons and uninspired maps. For all its faults, at least MW2 was ambitious and offered genuine development to the COD formula. Treyarch tried to be as unambitious as possible with BO and they succeeded.
---
ED
AC
#47chessmyantidrugPosted 1/23/2013 6:45:05 AM
This must be a joke topic. Black Ops is arguably the best title in the series. The only glaring issues were Second Chance and Ghost. And honestly, Ghost wasn't that big of an issue if you were running Blackbird. If you had a few teammates running Blackbird, then you could string them together and completely negate Ghost.

As far as weapons were concerned, we could have done without the G11.
#48ish0turfac3Posted 1/23/2013 6:52:07 AM
Coduo. That is all.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#49KK_WarslutPosted 1/23/2013 6:56:27 AM
I voted for D. I think MW2 and Black Ops were both good games. Some frustrating aspects, but nothing that really ruined them for me, nothing that I couldn't handle.

MW3 was where the decline really started. Awful game, and I didn't make it past January with it. Black Ops 2 is barely better and I'm sick of it already. Mostly the connection. If there's nothing about connection or the broken camera in the forthcoming title update it's being traded in.
---
Gamertag: STBCOW
#50InjusticeRebornPosted 1/23/2013 8:26:56 AM
gnosox1986 posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
A massive D from me.

The only blip in the series for me is MW3, everything else has been decent enough.

This.

BO1 was the best COD imo.

But after how great COD4 and MW2 were, decent just doesn't cut it. I dont want to play decent games. I'd rather take my $60 and buy 2-3 games that have been out that are much better. I.E - After hearing MW3 was bad, i decided to buy RE:5 and Splinter Cell: conviction. I later borrowered MW3 from a friend who was tired of it, and relized i made the right decision. Now i bought this and have regretted it. I now invest my time in NHL, La Noire, and Batman Arkham Asylum. I would sell BO2, but some buddies back from my college day play, so i keep it around to occationally play with them...

BO1 was ok, but after how "meh" BO2 and MW3 were, i think im done with COD. There are some good SP games out there, and it worth more of my time to enjoy those than waste time on average re-hashes.

I will agree that CoD4 and MW2 were great games, as the package as a whole was very very good (SP and MP) in my opinion. I didn't enjoy Black Ops' campaign all that much, but the MP was fun enough to keep me playing until the next game was released, and I didn't play much of zombies in WaW, so it was 99% fresh to me.

MW3's campaign AND MP were terrible. As was it's horde mode. Spec Ops I had had enough of from MW2. I stopped playing a few months in. Returned to it a few months later and still felt miserable whilst playing it.

I think because of my lack of time spent on MW3, BOII doesn't feel as boring. Believe me, I had no intention of getting it. I only have it because my better half thought I wanted it, and purchased it as a surprise. But it has taken me by surprise how well it plays. I haven't touched the campaign yet because of my experience with the original's campaign, but the rest of what BOII has to offer has been very good, I cannot fault it.

Only time will tell if it will be hung up there with CoD4 and MW2, for me.