C/D: Call of Duty made a turn for the worse with the release of BO1

#61SpydogKPosted 1/23/2013 11:25:31 AM
kennyindy posted...
The series turned horrible when the masses allowed the atrocity that was MW2 to remain popular and did not hold Infinity Ward accountable for the most broken multiplayer of the series...

The fact anyone still tries to blame Treyarch for the series going downhill baffles me.

^^This so much. People can blame IW or Treyarch all they want, but the truth is that the ignorant masses have allowed the series to fall to the level where it is at now.

MW2 was a broken mess, but enough of the mindless community found the utterly chaotic and un-balanced gameplay "fun", so the developers didn't think that making an unbalanced, watered-down product would affect the sales too much (also the reason why they refuse to come out with a beta). Thus, why Call of Duty has become the shell of its former self as it is now.

THANK YOU. The excuse of "fun" is same excuse people gave for letting HALO 2 become garbage as well with broken glitches like the rocket/sword glitch and the pp/br combo BS.

I don't see how camping in a second floor room in the corner of the map with a sniper and claymore getting 7 kills to link to a nuke every match is "fun".

I don't see how sitting in the back of the map with OMA/DC just launching noob tubes until you get enough kills to link to a nuke every match is "fun".

Playing what is supposed to be an FPS game, I don't see how someone could love running around with MLC and a tactical knife teleporting through bullet fire from 20 feet away to get kills all the time.

"But, but, but it's fun"...

MW2 was the downfall, Black Ops improved the game immensely and almost brought the series back to its full prominence, and then MW3 ruined it again with its half assed coding and cluster**** maps with exploding objects every 5 feet. And this game was horribly unplayable for the first month, but thankfully Treyarch listens to its hardcore fans for the most part, so most of the kinks have been worked out, minus some lag every few matches... Now if we could just get some more interesting maps...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty as a franchise if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#62RandomTrampPosted 1/23/2013 12:11:25 PM
Far too much ill-advised hate for MW2 in this topic. MW2 was the last game to have:-

- great hit detection
- majority great maps
- solid spawns

The weapon variety was also amazing, bvy the way. Yes, there were some balance issues and mistakes in perk options, but the core experience, the fundamentals of an FPS... they were spot on.
#63Eagles931Posted 1/23/2013 12:13:34 PM
BipBapBam posted...
BO1 is amazing. The series turned horrible with MW3.

---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#64Halo_ForeverPosted 1/23/2013 12:25:28 PM
RandomTramp posted...
Far too much ill-advised hate for MW2 in this topic. MW2 was the last game to have:-

- great hit detection
- majority great maps
- solid spawns

The weapon variety was also amazing, bvy the way. Yes, there were some balance issues and mistakes in perk options, but the core experience, the fundamentals of an FPS... they were spot on.

Were you high when writing the bolded part, MW2 was the one that started the "spawn into killstreak fire, spawn a painkiller behind you"- part. Black Ops outside of demolition has the safest spawns in the series while MW2 has issues already in TDM.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#65Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/23/2013 12:31:05 PM
The game didn't but the community did

I still feel BO1 was a slow piece of crap tho
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#66SparkItUpPosted 1/23/2013 12:31:25 PM
Halo_Forever posted...
RandomTramp posted...

- great hit detection
- majority great maps
- solid spawns

Were you high when writing the bolded part, MW2 was the one that started the "spawn into killstreak fire, spawn a painkiller behind you"- part. Black Ops outside of demolition has the safest spawns in the series while MW2 has issues already in TDM.

never had an issue with dying in my spawn that often in MW2...why were you there so long that a killstreak or enemy would get you there? sure the occaisional CG or AC130 would be spawn blasting, but don't blame the game for a terrible team allowing that KS to be up there like that...MW2 & CoD4 had the absolute best spawn system and that was simply because of the superior map design. Once they started going with congested maps in BO, MW3 & Blops II, that's when the spawns went to garbage.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#67Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/23/2013 12:36:47 PM
Confirm. One can say Deny but there's more evidence for a C. Remember how utterly s***** BO1 was at release (I was playing it on ps3 at release).

MW2 was the last cod where when you shot the enemy, they died. They didn't leap at you like a frog and shotgun you in the face or turn around and xXquicscopXx you.

Now if only they'd take out that s*** that they call one man army and danger close, then I'd probably play that game again.

The host would have the advantage in MW2 but it was still fair in the sense that if you're not host, you'd still fare a good chance against an enemy that isn't the host.

Ever since BO1, it's been a cluster****. You die first, then you see the enemy come around the corner and shoot. It's very brief but if you have a good eye and have been playing the series or just video games for a long time, it's easy to spot the BS.
#68DutchZombiePosted 1/23/2013 1:04:37 PM
Halo_Forever posted...
RandomTramp posted...

- great hit detection
- majority great maps
- solid spawns

Were you high when you wrote that? I've had people spawn two feet behind me on BO. That has never happened to me in MW2. MW2 was the last COD to get the basics right. What's the point arguing about anything else? BO started the trend of laggy broken sequels we have today, so it gets a thumbs down from me. It also was very easy, boring and unbalanced.
#69SpydogKPosted 1/23/2013 5:12:58 PM
Confirm. One can say Deny but there's more evidence for a C. Remember how utterly s***** BO1 was at release (I was playing it on ps3 at release).

MW2 was the last cod where when you shot the enemy, they died. They didn't leap at you like a frog and shotgun you in the face or turn around and xXquicscopXx you.

Now if only they'd take out that s*** that they call one man army and danger close, then I'd probably play that game again.

The host would have the advantage in MW2 but it was still fair in the sense that if you're not host, you'd still fare a good chance against an enemy that isn't the host.

Ever since BO1, it's been a cluster****. You die first, then you see the enemy come around the corner and shoot. It's very brief but if you have a good eye and have been playing the series or just video games for a long time, it's easy to spot the BS.

Are you blind??? That's EXACTLY what they did! Quickscoping was at its absolute worst peak during MW2. Everyone was quickscoping, and with minimal practice, any average joe with 10 sensitivity could win any gunfight with a sniper rifle from any range against almost any weapon.

Also, the leap frogging and shotgunning you in the face didn't happen... But leap-frogging and STABBING you in the face happened ALL THE DAMN TIME on that game...

Seriously, nostalgia glasses must be in this year in regards to MW2...
---
You have no credibility to speak on Call of Duty if you've only been playing since Call of Duty 4...
#70arena11Posted 1/23/2013 5:29:44 PM
kennyindy posted...

Are you blind??? That's EXACTLY what they did! Quickscoping was at its absolute worst peak during MW3. Everyone was quickscoping, and with minimal practice, any average joe with 10 sensitivity could win any gunfight with a sniper rifle from any range against almost any weapon.

Also, the leap frogging and shotgunning you in the face didn't happen... But leap-frogging and STABBING you in the face happened ALL THE DAMN TIME on that game...

Seriously, nostalgia glasses must be in this year in regards to MW3...

Fixed.