C/D: Call of Duty made a turn for the worse with the release of BO1

#71flamepeltPosted 1/23/2013 4:30:07 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
A massive D from me.

The only blip in the series for me is MW3, everything else has been decent enough.

This.

BO1 was the best COD imo.

I find that mw2 is best and black ops was amazing, jaunt everything after black ops died because unless you ran around 720 YY no scope wall bang for every kill you we're a noob, and if you do you were a hacker. BO1 not letting you QS was the best idea ever created in the history if CoD
#72twinsfan19Posted 1/23/2013 4:33:47 PM
flamepelt posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
A massive D from me.

The only blip in the series for me is MW3, everything else has been decent enough.

This.

BO1 was the best COD imo.

I find that mw2 is best and black ops was amazing, jaunt everything after black ops died because unless you ran around 720 YY no scope wall bang for every kill you we're a noob, and if you do you were a hacker. BO1 not letting you QS was the best idea ever created in the history if CoD

MW1 was the peak of CoD.
---
Currently Playing: SC2, CS:GO, TF2, Tribes Ascend, Portal 2, Bastion
#73MegaTape13Posted 1/23/2013 5:38:44 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Halo_Forever posted...
RandomTramp posted...
Far too much ill-advised hate for MW2 in this topic. MW2 was the last game to have:-

- great hit detection
- majority great maps
- solid spawns

The weapon variety was also amazing, bvy the way. Yes, there were some balance issues and mistakes in perk options, but the core experience, the fundamentals of an FPS... they were spot on.

Were you high when writing the bolded part, MW2 was the one that started the "spawn into killstreak fire, spawn a painkiller behind you"- part. Black Ops outside of demolition has the safest spawns in the series while MW2 has issues already in TDM.

never had an issue with dying in my spawn that often in MW2...why were you there so long that a killstreak or enemy would get you there? sure the occaisional CG or AC130 would be spawn blasting, but don't blame the game for a terrible team allowing that KS to be up there like that...MW2 & CoD4 had the absolute best spawn system and that was simply because of the superior map design. Once they started going with congested maps in BO, MW3 & Blops II, that's when the spawns went to garbage.

wtf man? Have you ever played an objective mode? Half the MW2 maps routinely dropped painkillers 20 feet from you as you tried to cap a Dom point. After 30 days of BO1, I've had a mere handful of genuinely bad spawns since January 2011. Meanwhile I can hop on MW2 or MW3 (and last I checked, BO2) and run into near-instant spawnkills/deaths every other game. When I see myself kill the guy in a 3 second killcam, the spawns are f***ed. Even CoD4 is clearly flawed, given how often you can watch players pop into existence.

And wtf again at "congested" BO1 maps? They were nearly all relatively spacious with clear and consistent flow, especially compared to the likes of Karachi, Skidrow, Sub Base, etc.

There are plenty of bones to pick with BO1, but spawns are not among them. Treyarch had them down pat after the first month or two. It baffles me how far they regressed with BO2.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#74sausage54Posted 1/23/2013 5:43:57 PM
big D

Black Ops was the pinnacle of this current generation systems. MW3 and even BO2 have been a step back from Treyarch's original Black Ops. The guns, balance, maps, and even DLC was golden. I played it for one year straight and actually played it just yesterday.
---
The only thing I can control is my EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and, FOCUS.
#75MegaTape13Posted 1/23/2013 6:01:58 PM
sausage54 posted...
big D

Black Ops was the pinnacle of this current generation systems. MW3 and even BO2 have been a step back from Treyarch's original Black Ops. The guns, balance, maps, and even DLC was golden. I played it for one year straight and actually played it just yesterday

As someone who considers BO1 the best in the series, I actually disagree with all of that bolded stuff, and pretty strongly when it comes to the guns and balance. Maps were mostly decent-to-good and COD DLC is always lackluster, imo.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#76Gengar_OUPosted 1/23/2013 6:02:44 PM
Bo1 was ehh, but got me into the cod series. Liked MW3, Like Bo2.
---
Boosting: that awkward moment when you find two dudes hiding away in secret doing sneaky, frowned-upon things involving insertion.- forgotten0285
#77known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:13:56 PM
sausage54 posted...
big D

Black Ops was the pinnacle of this current generation systems..

LMAO!

*reads again*

LMAO!!!!!
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#78FlarePosted 1/23/2013 7:36:21 PM
D.

Black Ops may be the best game in the series. It took all of the unrefined ideas that IW dumped into MW2 and balanced them out while giving us some of the best maps in the series. Only real issues were hit detection and the usual shoddy Treyarch connection issues, but compared to the Black Ops 2 connection issues it's nothing.
---
Blah.
#79Halo_ForeverPosted 1/23/2013 11:29:40 PM
SparkItUp posted...

never had an issue with dying in my spawn that often in MW2...why were you there so long that a killstreak or enemy would get you there? sure the occaisional CG or AC130 would be spawn blasting, but don't blame the game for a terrible team allowing that KS to be up there like that...MW2 & CoD4 had the absolute best spawn system and that was simply because of the superior map design. Once they started going with congested maps in BO, MW3 & Blops II, that's when the spawns went to garbage.

Spawn *boom predator missile* was par the course, as was spawning straight into Harrier/Pavelow/CG/AC-130 fire. Watched once as a friend got the Chopper Gunner, the game kept spawning the enemy team straight into his crosshairs, netting him around 25-30 kills (this was TDM on Terminal).

I have played maybe a tenth as much MW2 as I have Black Ops. Even then I have been killed on spawn twice more in MW2. Much of it is the BS nature of the killstreaks in MW2, but there has to be some sort of faulty spawn logic involved as BO is clearly capable of not spawning you under a Napalm Strike (I've been spawn killed by a Napalm strike perhaps 3 times and 2 of those times immediately running might save me), while MW2 loves placing you under Predators.

@DutchZombie
Were you high when you wrote that? I've had people spawn two feet behind me on BO. That has never happened to me in MW2. MW2 was the last COD to get the basics right. What's the point arguing about anything else? BO started the trend of laggy broken sequels we have today, so it gets a thumbs down from me. It also was very easy, boring and unbalanced.

MW2 was famous for killcams in killcams ala MW3 (check the board if you don't believe me). I've had the exact sort of spawns that you deny in MW2 as late as 2012. Similarly I am wondering whether you have even played BO after the spawn patch on late December 2010.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#80GreatKiraLordPosted 1/23/2013 11:34:41 PM
Not BO but BO2 is rather bad atm
The maps really kill this game for me