C/D: Call of Duty made a turn for the worse with the release of BO1

#81gdogghenriksonPosted 1/24/2013 1:29:10 AM
slayerxelite posted...
D

The bottom of the barrel was hit with the atrocities of MW2. Its been back on the up since then.

^this MW2 was the worst cod in history.
#82BrownPackPosted 1/24/2013 1:39:09 AM
BO1 was the start of the downfall. MW2 wasn't. MW2 was the peak of the series. The only reason it got bad was because the community started to change. Little kids and casuals started playing more. Notice how the games since MW2 haven't been rageworthy sans netcoding, lag, etc? That's because the CoD games from BO onward were marketed towards a casual community. They wanted it to be a game that everyone could have fun with.

In MW2, if you sucked, you got punished. Simple as that. And from what I'm reading on these boards, hell, let alone this thread, many of you sucked at MW2, and probably aren't too great at the series in general.
#83Halo_ForeverPosted 1/24/2013 2:47:52 AM
BrownPack posted...
BO1 was the start of the downfall. MW2 wasn't. MW2 was the peak of the series. The only reason it got bad was because the community started to change. Little kids and casuals started playing more. Notice how the games since MW2 haven't been rageworthy sans netcoding, lag, etc? That's because the CoD games from BO onward were marketed towards a casual community. They wanted it to be a game that everyone could have fun with.

I was teaching in junior high in 2010, any class I had the boys were mumbling about MW2, from the youngest to the oldest. Definitely where the Quiikscopez, Stabbzorz-epidemic started.

In MW2, if you sucked, you got punished. Simple as that. And from what I'm reading on these boards, hell, let alone this thread, many of you sucked at MW2, and probably aren't too great at the series in general.

Well, you ought to know the sucking part. Btw this is equally true in BO however with the addendum that now you actually had to work for your kills, no more OMA/DC, C4more fortresses or infinite claymores, headglitching IW cover or the other crap.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#84Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/24/2013 2:54:51 AM
BO was the first CoD I really disliked. Not because of the gameplay in any way, however. It just felt boring to me. The guns were bland and I had almost no sense of competition within myself for that game.

The maps and all other sorts of things are fine in BO, tbh. It just felt very...boring. But I will say that CoD started to degrade for real was with the release of MW3. That game had countless gameplay flaws. BO2 isn't much different. BO2's impressive amount of innovations are completely eclipsed by terrible gameplay.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#85PositronCannonPosted 1/24/2013 6:37:06 AM(edited)
Yeah, no. BO1 is almost up there with COD4 as the best game in the series. It's IW's games after COD4 that went to ****, and BO2's only problem is having re-used MW3's netcode. I think maybe you dislike games where you actually have to get kills with your gun instead of relying on killstreaks all day.

>Deathstreaks

Hahahaha what. No.
#86BrownPackPosted 1/24/2013 9:33:41 AM
Halo_Forever posted...

Well, you ought to know the sucking part. Btw this is equally true in BO however with the addendum that now you actually had to work for your kills, no more OMA/DC, C4more fortresses or infinite claymores, headglitching IW cover or the other crap.

Yeah, I would know the sucking part because I've played with many MANY people, and it's always the same thing. They complain about stuff that GOOD players don't complain about. You probably wouldn't know anything about that though, sorry.

Don't even start with the whole C4 or claymore crap. Campers usually suck at CoD. If you can't beat them, sorry you suck. All it takes is a simple frag or tube of your own to flush any camper out. Hell, with sitrep, you can do that all the way across the map.

And headglitching? lol wow aren't you still reaching. Headglitching is one of the LAST problems with MW2. Other than that staircase on Skidrow, I wonder how many more you'll complain about. As I said before, I'd rather have MW2 where there's probably a handful of true headglitch spots in the entire game, rather than have BO or BO2, where there are boxes around every damn corner, and some headglitch spots on top of that to boot. There are videos on youtube that support this.
#87BrownPackPosted 1/24/2013 9:35:03 AM
PositronCannon posted...

>Deathstreaks

Hahahaha what. No.

Death streaks ideally secure the bad player one kill. That's it. And the only one worth noting is really Painkiller. Yeah, quit crying.
#88GandalfTehGrayPosted 1/24/2013 10:18:56 AM
Bo was terrible, laggy , terrible weapon selection, gaining the pro perks was also stupid. The only things I liked from BO1 were dual tomahawks, crossbow, and theater.

I feel that after all the whining about Mw2 that Treyarc over reacted by taking out the offensive perks (Stopping Power/Danger Close) and have made the majority of the community change the way we play. And it definitely not for the better, go look at all the posts in BO1 and Mw3 complaints about Ghost/Assassin corner campers. They tried to "fix" it in Bo2 by making it go away if you are not moving but I would much prefer the ability to kill them faster in exchange for the showing up on the Uav
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#89Halo_ForeverPosted 1/25/2013 4:05:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#90Halo_ForeverPosted 1/25/2013 4:05:47 AM
BrownPack posted...
Halo_Forever posted...
Yeah, I would know the sucking part because I've played with many MANY people, and it's always the same thing. They complain about stuff that GOOD players don't complain about. You probably wouldn't know anything about that though, sorry.

My K/D in MW2 is nothing to even remotely brag about. And yours is still worse than mine.

Don't even start with the whole C4 or claymore crap. Campers usually suck at CoD. If you can't beat them, sorry you suck. All it takes is a simple frag or tube of your own to flush any camper out. Hell, with sitrep, you can do that all the way across the map.

Why augment bad campers in the first place? Also frag in MW2, seriously? Semtex is the way to go, even someone who loves killing campers with cooked frags will attest to that.

And headglitching? lol wow aren't you still reaching. Headglitching is one of the LAST problems with MW2. Other than that staircase on Skidrow, I wonder how many more you'll complain about. As I said before, I'd rather have MW2 where there's probably a handful of true headglitch spots in the entire game, rather than have BO or BO2, where there are boxes around every damn corner, and some headglitch spots on top of that to boot. There are videos on youtube that support this.

Ask IHOP, MW2 was a haven for headglitching, at least in BO most corner covers allowed you to see half the guy.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....