Never have I missed perks and attachments more

#1chessmyantidrugPosted 1/22/2013 8:32:20 PM
than when I was working on a gold FAL OSW. Using assault rifles without stock is already a chore enough, but I really missed Scavenger and Engineer. I still have one double kill and four bloodthirsties left, but those should be easy. I remember the M27, MTAR, Type 25 and SCAR-H being difficult, but not that difficult. I'm not looking forward to the SMR.
#2ONeillz1130Posted 1/22/2013 8:43:24 PM
Well, once you finish those 150 kills and still haven't managed to get a bloodthirsty or 2. You'll back in the comfort zone with perks and attachments,

It'll get better bro, it'll get better.
#3lil_bandit18Posted 1/22/2013 8:44:18 PM
Play HC, FAL is 1hk from like any range. That's what I did. I didn't miss scavenger at all compared to toughness.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GzV0e.gif
#4Silver17Posted 1/22/2013 8:47:34 PM
Are you doing Art of War and Cherry Blossum at the same time or separately?...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#5chessmyantidrug(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:28:25 AM
I've been playing hardcore Kill Confirmed so the kills come easier. I actually got two hitmarkers with the FAL one game. Imagine my frustration there.

Yes, I was going for Cherry Blossom and Art of War at the same time. It's the most efficient way to get to gold.

It took me three or four games to knock out those bloodthirsty medals. Now I'm working on the SWAT-556. Headshots are eluding me. I'll have a game where I get 6 to 8 headshots, and then 0 to 2 the next. I'm 26 away from 100 after starting out at 30 a few hours ago. Everyone voted for Hijacked again and I couldn't be bothered to spawn, die, spawn on the other side of the map and die yet again for 10 minutes.
#6Tehshankers1234Posted 1/23/2013 6:30:06 AM
When I had to get Cherry Blossom and Art of War, I just prestiged my FAL and went through again
---
GT: Girthy Grandpa
#7chessmyantidrug(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:31:14 AM
My FAL OSW was already second prestige. I can prestige my SWAT-556 right now, but I'm waiting until I get to 100 headshots. No need to hamper my progress.
#8ShadonicPosted 1/23/2013 6:34:29 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
I've been playing hardcore Kill Confirmed so the kills come easier. I actually got two hitmarkers with the FAL one game. Imagine my frustration there.

Yes, I was going for Cherry Blossom and Art of War at the same time. It's the most efficient way to get to gold.

It took me three or four games to knock out those bloodthirsty medals. Now I'm working on the SWAT-556. Headshots are eluding me. I'll have a game where I get 6 to 8 headshots, and then 0 to 2 the next. I'm 26 away from 100 after starting out at 30 a few hours ago. Everyone voted for Hijacked again and I couldn't be bothered to spawn, die, spawn on the other side of the map and die yet again for 10 minutes.

I disagree about Cherry + Art of war at the same time, at least for assault rifles. You'll get more kills much more easily doing one then the other with a 6 perk class / 3 attachment & tactical class over 300 kills than you will with a basic gun over 150, not to mention that you'll get alot more doubles / bloodthirsties as you do it too, and probably won't harm Kd/spm so much if you care at all about it.

For SMG's it's not so bad, but AR's are godawful without either stock to ads as you go round a corner, or quickdraw + Lasersight to go round a corner -then- aim, and add in the lack of dexterity / Flak / lightfooted? ugh!

Personally I prefer the SMR over the FAL, the SMR is better for core games due to the much longer two shot kill range, but the fals accuracy makes it a beast on HC modes, and HC is the way to go for any one shot kill / headshot challenge.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#9chessmyantidrug(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:41:37 AM
I didn't have a problem knocking out Art of War and Cherry Blossom at the same time for the M27, MTAR, Type 25 or SCAR-H. My KD actually went up with each of those weapons. With the FAL OSW, it plummeted from 1.49 to 1.35. I know over the course of time, it will get back up toward 1.50 where it "belongs."

I would rather knock out those 150 kills in five or six games of suffering rather than spread it out over a dozen or so games. My biggest problem was I was probably rushing too much with the FAL OSW. I've slowed things down with the SWAT-556, but it's causing me to score fewer points.

I really wish Elite broke down SPM by weapon.
#10slayerxelitePosted 1/23/2013 6:42:37 AM
I never had any issues doing 150 kills with no attachments/perks while getting diamond ARs. I altered my playstyle slightly by sticking back a little instead of rushing hot zones. Doing Cherry Blossom and AoW separate is doing it wrong. Stock is a waste of an attachment.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs