when i was a kid, my friends and i would spend $20 at the arcade in one day

#11ICantNameGudPosted 1/23/2013 1:58:09 AM
angrybirdsdude posted...
Whether or not they cost a lot isn't the issue, whatever the cost of something, what matters is how much you feel it's worth. (applying this logic to luxury items obviously)

It is definitely worth the pocket change here and there saved from never buying **** like soda and candy and sharing a car. Not to say I wouldn't have the money anyway, but me not spending money on that junk just guarantees I'll buy them (did buy them...)
---
Inb4/MadAndBad, inb4/UrMissingTehPoint, inb4/PostUrGT
#12GRTooCoolPosted 1/23/2013 2:17:51 AM
We all spent $60 and didn't get the whole pie. Only half of it. By supporting DLC, you're literally telling them, here is $15 for another slice of pie. Thanks.

Or those who already bought the season pass, you guys already gave them an extra $50 for the other half of the pie that they'll give you in a span of a year. Fail.

I'll say it again for those who are against DLC like me. It's not the cost, it's the principle. They have you by the balls, and apparently... most of you like it.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#13ICantNameGudPosted 1/23/2013 2:22:36 AM
GRTooCool posted...
We all spent $60 and didn't get the whole pie. Only half of it. By supporting DLC, you're literally telling them, here is $15 for another slice of pie. Thanks.

Or those who already bought the season pass, you guys already gave them an extra $50 for the other half of the pie that they'll give you in a span of a year. Fail.

I'll say it again for those who are against DLC like me. It's not the cost, it's the principle. They have you by the balls, and apparently... most of you like it.

No, they don't. I like the maps and wanted to play more, as I have in the past. "Them having me by the balls" and "it's not the cost it's the principle" are incompatible arguments and yet you're using them. =\

If you actually think they would include this extra content for free because we're paying them less money then you are delusional.

"But muh statement! But muh signature!"
---
#14mlataupePosted 1/23/2013 2:48:26 AM
People have a problem with 15$ map packs because prior to MW2 map packs for online shooters were in the 10$ price range and 15$ was more of an add-on (BF BC2 Vietnam for instance)
Gearbox are still releasing full game add-ons for Borderland 2 at 10$ a pop;

Seems like Activision are charging more just because they can.
---
Xbox Live GT : m la taupe --- PSN : mlataupe
Steam : mlataupe --- Battle.net : mlataupe1978#2475
#15ICantNameGudPosted 1/23/2013 2:51:32 AM
mlataupe posted...
People have a problem with 15$ map packs because prior to MW2 map packs for online shooters were in the 10$ price range and 15$ was more of an add-on (BF BC2 Vietnam for instance)
Gearbox are still releasing full game add-ons for Borderland 2 at 10$ a pop;

Seems like Activision are charging more just because they can.

Oh what was that, like five years ago? =3
---
#16scarface_jrPosted 1/23/2013 3:53:39 AM
Valve makes all it's DLC and gives it out for free *Well except for Xbox because Microsoft forces you to pay for it*. So I think it mostly has to do with Microsoft forcing companies to sell you the DLC instead of just give it to you. But for the most part, yeah I think the dlc should be free unless it's something major like an xpac *Like BF2:V*. But if it's just a few maps/skins/chars then I feel it should be free. Do you have to pay for every patch/update they put into an MMO? No, you pay for your membership *which we already do for xbl, they should give a cut by how many people play the game online* until an xpac come out.
---
"There are good guys and there are bad guys in this world, and make no mistake I am a bad, bad man." -CM Punk
#17tadmfpolePosted 1/23/2013 4:01:09 AM
Why do we have to do this for every COD map pack that comes out? The debate on both sides never changes. I understand why people are willing to pay for it, and I understand why people are not willing to pay for it. I bought a season pass, and I could care less if anyone else boycotts the whole thing or buys 10 copies of each pack.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#18BansheeNTDmodePosted 1/23/2013 4:01:47 AM
Its not just 15 dollars.. You gotta get the rest so thats 60 bucks and a new cod game comes out before the last dlc comes out. Feel like a sheep yet?
#19DawgwoodPosted 1/23/2013 4:17:24 AM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Its not just 15 dollars.. You gotta get the rest so thats 60 bucks and a new cod game comes out before the last dlc comes out. Feel like a sheep yet?

Nope...TC speaks the truth. Not only did we drop money at the arcade just for one afternoon we also bought games that were broken and never fixed or expanded upon for damn near the same price as today, particularly when factoring in the value of a dollar back then.

You youngsters don't know how well you've got it. smh
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#20Tip_Your_MedicPosted 1/23/2013 4:23:41 AM
Sure there is. If I don't play these DLC maps, I'll just be playing what I have now. Unless they revamp the design philosophy of the maps im not missing anything.

I bought the first MW2 map pack for $15 when this trend began. Never made that mistake again.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pf438.gif