when i was a kid, my friends and i would spend $20 at the arcade in one day

#21Silver17Posted 1/23/2013 3:26:48 AM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Its not just 15 dollars.. You gotta get the rest so thats 60 bucks and a new cod game comes out before the last dlc comes out. Feel like a sheep yet?

If you buy the season pass it's 4000 points. Shop around on eBay during the year (especially the late summer months) and you'll see it as low as $35 sometimes. I've gotten a couple at that price in the past and just hold onto them.

$35 Pffft I drop that easy on one weekend night... lol
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#22MinamoPosted 1/23/2013 3:46:57 AM
"When I was a kid, I had no sense of worth when it came to my parents money, why should I care about it now?"
#23DawgwoodPosted 1/23/2013 3:54:15 AM
Minamo posted...
"When I was a kid, I had no sense of worth when it came to my parents money, why should I care about it now?"

"My parents taught me at an early age that fun will not be tolerated, and now I thank them by never cracking the seal on my wallet."
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#24High_WarlordPosted 1/23/2013 4:15:06 AM
I actually count each of game I am in as a quarter spent. So if my wins and losses added together = greater than $65 (after tax) worth, then I feel I got my money's worth.

Could you imagine putting a quarter each time if you wanted to continue to play a multiplayer match? Hmmmm.... This gives me an idea....
---
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...
#25RapaleemanPosted 1/23/2013 4:28:05 AM
As others have said, cost isn't the issue. The ROI is what matters.

Ignoring the fact that 3 of the maps look either really gimmicky or just lame (Grind looks really cool), the biggest issue is that I hate zombies. I will never touch 2 pieces of the DLC therefor I am being forced to pay for something that I will never touch.

Even if I was in love with everything all of the multiplayer content in the DLC the fact is I'm never going to touch 1/5th of the DLC thus wasting money. I feel really bad for those only wanting the DLC for the Zombies stuff as they are getting even more screwed.

Now, had there been an option to buy the multiplayer maps without the zombies nonsense and vice-versa then I maybe could have been more on board at the outset. Much like MW3 where I never touched the face-off maps or the lame missions they offered (Chaos mode was ok for what it was) I essentially wasted money on stuff I never touched.

Again, the money itself isn't the issue as I make more than enough to own my house, pay my bills, drive a nice car, and still have enough money for peripheral costs. Basically, I'll spend an absurd amount on stuff as long as my return is high enough. For some people the DLC is a no brainer but for me, I just can't see the ROI being high enough to justify the $15 let alone the season pass.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#26KayGirlPosted 1/23/2013 4:50:28 AM
natedude0903 posted...
My girlfriend works at a bowling alley with a small arcade. Since they use tokens, I can play for free since she supplies me with tokens. Yay arcades :)

I used to bowl in a league, and I LOVED playing the Simpsons arcade game! Tons of people would crowd around waiting for a turn. Good times. Bowling alley arcades were the best.
---
Twitter: KarynWolo, My latest articles about books for Bioshock fans: http://t.co/d9qCkPZT & how to pick up girls on Xbox Live: http://tinyurl.com/auwsjxk
#27Skello1OPosted 1/23/2013 5:17:07 AM
I only got 20 dollas in mah pocket

This is ******* awesome
---
FELICITATIONS MALFACTORS, I AM ENDEVERING TO MISAPROPRIATE THE FORMULARY FOR THE PREPERATION OF AFFORDABLE CUMESETABLES..... WHO WILL JOIN ME?!
#28MexiRicanMoFoPosted 1/23/2013 6:47:05 AM
natedude0903 posted...
My girlfriend works at a bowling alley with a small arcade. Since they use tokens, I can play for free since she supplies me with tokens. Yay arcades :)

She sounds like a keeper.
---
GT: iLuv2WakenBake
#29Hardcore74LeoPosted 1/23/2013 6:48:23 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
angrybirdsdude posted...
Whether or not they cost a lot isn't the issue, whatever the cost of something, what matters is how much you feel it's worth. (applying this logic to luxury items obviously)
#30lil_bandit18Posted 1/23/2013 6:51:59 AM
I'll gladly spend $20 on a gettoni table playing with my friends, or in the arcade for something I enjoy. But this game is bad, and Treyarch should feel bad, not have their pockets lined with money for pumping out garbage. That's why I won't buy it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GzV0e.gif