when i was a kid, my friends and i would spend $20 at the arcade in one day

#41Andrew_RyannPosted 1/23/2013 8:39:58 AM
Dawgwood posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Its not just 15 dollars.. You gotta get the rest so thats 60 bucks and a new cod game comes out before the last dlc comes out. Feel like a sheep yet?

Nope...TC speaks the truth. Not only did we drop money at the arcade just for one afternoon we also bought games that were broken and never fixed or expanded upon for damn near the same price as today, particularly when factoring in the value of a dollar back then.

You youngsters don't know how well you've got it. smh

Uhh most people I knew rarely bought videogames. Usually we rented the horrible ones and bought the known good ones. I owned very few "bad" games, and those were NES ones I got from a bargain bin. Pretty much like today except it was way easier to go the Blockbuster down the street than to wait on Netflix.

Solstice_ posted...
Great point TC.
Those $20 in quarters didn't last very long at all i remember....Ahhh, memories..

That feel when you beat Turtles in Time at a Chuck E Cheese with 3 other strangers. It was multiplayer gaming before the internet, except your teammates didn't call you a **** ****ing ****** *****.
#42tgoudyPosted 1/23/2013 9:04:23 AM
I don't understand why either side gets so offended by this. Some people enjoy the game enough to buy map packs and feel they will get their money's worth out of them. Cool. Other people don't like the game, so obviously buying the map packs would be a complete waste of money, no matter how small the amount might be for some people.

Video gaming has changed. While many of you are correct, the idea of paying for more game content for the same game is relatively new, the idea of even getting new game content for the same game is also new. Look at how many versions of street fighter 2 there are. Many of those versions are little more than a patch update to the game, yet they were sold for full price.

The worst part of it all is that companies are now releasing unfinished games, allowing us to be the beta testers, and then working to fix and improve them. It didn't use to be that way. On the other hand, though, how many of us bought old games and were stuck with a buggy, crappy, pos game with no hope of it ever being fixed?

While many hate COD (yet continue to play it), I do not. I get frustrated, yes, and there are things I feel they could have done better. But when I look at "hours played" COD is one of the best values in video gaming for me. So, I pay about $100 total (with game and map packs) and get 240 hours of play time out of it... that's not bad. That's less than 50 cents an hour. Compare that to other forms of recreation. a movie? about $6 an hour. The bar? Depends on the night, but at least $5 or so an hour and that's on the low end. Hell even looking at what I pay for cable verses how much TV I watch... it's not a great ROI.

Even other video games. Anyone pay full price for "The Force Unleashed" games? I had fun with them, sure, for all of the 5 hours they lasted. Even great games like Assassin's Creed or RDR. I enjoyed them immensely, but once I was done with them... haven't gone back a whole lot. In the end, the "hours played" isn't even close even though as far as quality of game goes, I would rate those much higher. It's just a different kind of game.
#43Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:31:02 AM
High_Warlord posted...
I actually count each of game I am in as a quarter spent. So if my wins and losses added together = greater than $65 (after tax) worth, then I feel I got my money's worth.

Could you imagine putting a quarter each time if you wanted to continue to play a multiplayer match? Hmmmm.... This gives me an idea....

Lol cool idea

But what.about zombie games that last hours?

I KNOW! Every time you go down, put in 50 cents
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#44Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:31:39 AM
Skello1O posted...
I only got 20 dollas in mah pocket

This is ******* awesome

LMFAO

IM GONNA POP SUM TAAAAGS
---
#45Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:38:04 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Teh_5_Starz posted...
So i see no reason to complain about $15 for a DLC pack that will last you forever

it's not so much the cost that is the issue TC, but more so the value. Why not buy a 15$ box of garbage and set it on a shelf? because there is no value in it. that essentially is what buying the map packs is for some. I don't play the game, so why would I buy the map packs? just because they last forever? that makes no sense if i don't play or enjoy the game

So why, Sparkitup, are you on this board and in this topic?
---
#46Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/23/2013 11:51:05 AM
I'd only spend $0.25 or $0.50.

It was either tekken or street fighter. Chumps would keep playing against me and keep losing. My lone quarter would keep going till they stopped playing against me. Eventually, I'd leave and give the last guy I played against my game to play vs the A.I or the next person.

In tekken I mainly used Baek. He had some great combos.
#47DawgwoodPosted 1/23/2013 11:57:40 AM
Andrew_Ryann posted...
Dawgwood posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Its not just 15 dollars.. You gotta get the rest so thats 60 bucks and a new cod game comes out before the last dlc comes out. Feel like a sheep yet?

Nope...TC speaks the truth. Not only did we drop money at the arcade just for one afternoon we also bought games that were broken and never fixed or expanded upon for damn near the same price as today, particularly when factoring in the value of a dollar back then.

You youngsters don't know how well you've got it. smh

Uhh most people I knew rarely bought videogames. Usually we rented the horrible ones and bought the known good ones. I owned very few "bad" games, and those were NES ones I got from a bargain bin. Pretty much like today except it was way easier to go the Blockbuster down the street than to wait on Netflix.

Never claimed to buy every single game I played, as I rented the hell out of games also and still do on occasion. We have a local video store that has somehow managed to survive. My point is still the same. Give me dlc and support, if I enjoy the game it is worth it for me.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#48Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:02:42 PM
^truuu
---
#49TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/23/2013 6:09:24 PM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
^truuu

Eeeewwwww....a 2 Chainz fan
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#50angrybirdsdudePosted 1/23/2013 9:32:03 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
angrybirdsdude posted...
Whether or not they cost a lot isn't the issue, whatever the cost of something, what matters is how much you feel it's worth. (applying this logic to luxury items obviously)

It is definitely worth the pocket change here and there saved from never buying **** like soda and candy and sharing a car. Not to say I wouldn't have the money anyway, but me not spending money on that junk just guarantees I'll buy them (did buy them...)

What about people who don't sit around playing video games and eating junk food? If I didn't spend money on soda and candy for a year, I would have an extra 3 bucks in my pocket

youre antifun and elitist than
---
spread the <3