when i was a kid, my friends and i would spend $20 at the arcade in one day

#61VoodooDogPosted 1/25/2013 4:06:53 AM
I'm sure when you were dropping quarters into Q-Bert and ms. pacman as a kid you didn't have rent or a car payment or grocery bills. Big difference.

I don't really mind DLC except when the original product needs work. Obviously there are some things with cod that need addressing. I wish they would fix what we already have before selling us new stuff.
---
when popularity fades, the truth will remain...
#62sMoKeD47Posted 1/25/2013 5:48:12 AM
i just got 15 petrol and that will be gone in a few hours
#63startedONatariPosted 1/25/2013 5:52:22 AM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
So i see no reason to complain about $15 for a DLC pack that will last you forever

do they still have arcades? wow haven't seen one of those in years.
#64thousandinonePosted 1/25/2013 6:08:15 AM
Rapaleeman posted...
As others have said, cost isn't the issue. The ROI is what matters.

Ignoring the fact that 3 of the maps look either really gimmicky or just lame (Grind looks really cool), the biggest issue is that I hate zombies. I will never touch 2 pieces of the DLC therefor I am being forced to pay for something that I will never touch.

Even if I was in love with everything all of the multiplayer content in the DLC the fact is I'm never going to touch 1/5th of the DLC thus wasting money. I feel really bad for those only wanting the DLC for the Zombies stuff as they are getting even more screwed.

Now, had there been an option to buy the multiplayer maps without the zombies nonsense and vice-versa then I maybe could have been more on board at the outset. Much like MW3 where I never touched the face-off maps or the lame missions they offered (Chaos mode was ok for what it was) I essentially wasted money on stuff I never touched.

Again, the money itself isn't the issue as I make more than enough to own my house, pay my bills, drive a nice car, and still have enough money for peripheral costs. Basically, I'll spend an absurd amount on stuff as long as my return is high enough. For some people the DLC is a no brainer but for me, I just can't see the ROI being high enough to justify the $15 let alone the season pass.

I've eaten literally (yes, literally, not literally as in figuratively) THOUSANDS of purple and green skittles, purchased by individuals who bought a pack despite having no intention of touching two of the colors.

Have you heard of the starbursts 'Fav-Reds' variety? The Red candies from their various flavors, all in one pack (strawberry, cherry, strawberry kiwi, fruit punch, etc). Because everyone loves the red ones. These packs exist specifically because people would buy whole packs of starbursts, eat only the red ones, and give the rest out.

Are the skittle and starburst eaters wrong? I say no.

When you are only going to use a portion of a product, rather than the whole product, the question 'is it worth it?' is not really complicated at all. You're just plugging a lesser value for 'what you get' and comparing it to the cost. Historically, people have been willing to buy entire packs of candies for one flavor, and yes, entire map packs for one map.

Nobody can dictate how much a purchase is worth to anyone else- the only thing they can dictate is the minimum value they will part with said item for.
---
Worst thing about grammar police: They're cannibals. If one makes a single typo or error while 'critiquing' someone, they will be EVISCERATED by their fellows.
#65allaboutjosh14Posted 1/25/2013 6:11:03 AM
DLC should be free and given to us as a "thank you" for supporting the game but we all know that'll never happen LOL
---
PSN Chase_atm_bank
Gamertag Chaseatmbank
#66StigmaStylePosted 1/25/2013 6:12:08 AM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
ingo4 posted...
This isn't the mid 90's anymore. Times have changed.

Yeah, meaning that the value of $20 has gone DOWN

Twenty bucks back then ment alot more than it does now

This made me feel old. ;_;

Also, my town has never had an arcade. The closest thing we have is a cheesy Star Wars thing at the movie theatre and an air hockey table. But I used to go to a large arcade in Kelowna once a year when I was younger. =3
#67natedude0903Posted 1/25/2013 11:52:56 AM
BS_Infinite posted...
natedude0903 posted...
BS_Infinite posted...
natedude0903 posted...
My girlfriend works at a bowling alley with a small arcade. Since they use tokens, I can play for free since she supplies me with tokens. Yay arcades :)

muh jealousy :,(

I'm going this weekend. I have $45 of tokens and a strong desire to beat Time Crisis 3. That game is my b****.

How much would that even weigh??

It's pretty heavy lol.
---
GT: l DatAss l ( those are L's, like "ell" )
http://www.youtube.com/user/nategypsy0903
#68Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:09:58 AM
Blam
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#69Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:37:43 AM
Ladies and gentleman, we have a meme
---
#70Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:49:20 PM
VoodooDog posted...
I'm sure when you were dropping quarters into Q-Bert and ms. pacman as a kid you didn't have rent or a car payment or grocery bills. Big difference.

I don't really mind DLC except when the original product needs work. Obviously there are some things with cod that need addressing. I wish they would fix what we already have before selling us new stuff.

I never understood Q-Bert
---