Search and Destroy isn't that bad

#1Overd0sPosted 1/23/2013 12:25:25 PM
I finally got to try the gamemode last night. Here are my thoughts:

Gameplay:
The gameplay is surprisingly fast. This can be a good thing and a bad thing. Starting out I found myself dying a lot in under 30 seconds. The match would start, I would rush (even on defense, i'm used to TDM) and then boom!... Grenade.

This is b/c the maps are so small both teams spawn near eachother. And then to top it off, base locations seem kind of random, no real strategy to plant a bomb. More so, games end 90% of the time due to a team trying to kill the other team first.

Community:
I heard so many bad things about the community in SnD and I have to disagree; almost everyone was friendly. I know, shocking right? The player count is so low that you're pretty much guaranteed to play with the same people over and over again. Even if you back out to pick up a friend and hop back in, chances are you'll be in the same lobby. Almost everyone uses a mic, so you will get a lot of randoms chatting and making call outs.

Biggest Problem:
Score Per Minute, this I cannot stress enough. In a game mode that has turned to a TDM/Objective hybrid you would think you would earn more points for getting kills. It's something like 100 points for a kill and 150 points for a bomb plant/defuse. Considering the maximum points awarded in a round is 750 points
(5kills, 1 plant, and then 1 kill before bomb blows up) and that's hard. Highest score I saw last night was about 1200 and that was 7rounds and the person went 11-1.

I had the highest score Per Minute in all of the lobbies with a whopping 109 SPM lol. If I'm not mistaken, I was the only person I saw last night with over 100.

Final thought:
Really fun to play
You can play solo and still have a fighting chance with randoms
Have a TDM mentality
Run Flak Jacket or take it slow
Low score streaks recommended due to low scores
Friendly environment

*Note* this was written from my phone, while in the car, so please excuse typos, errors and terrible structure since this is all on the fly lol
---
CURRENCY TRACKING: Info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_bill_tracking
EUR: www.eurobilltracker.com - USD: www.wheresgeorge.com - CAD: www.whereswilly.com
#2Overd0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:41:18 PM
Maybe I should have put "review" into my title...<_<
---
EUR: www.eurobilltracker.com - USD: www.wheresgeorge.com - CAD: www.whereswilly.com
#3Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/23/2013 12:43:19 PM
Most everyone who is good already likes search and destroy
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#4Shura_SurplicePosted 1/23/2013 12:54:02 PM(edited)
Overd0s posted...
I finally got to try the gamemode last night. Here are my thoughts:

Community:
I heard so many bad things about the community in SnD and I have to disagree; almost everyone was friendly. I know, shocking right? The player count is so low that you're pretty much guaranteed to play with the same people over and over again. Even if you back out to pick up a friend and hop back in, chances are you'll be in the same lobby. Almost everyone uses a mic, so you will get a lot of randoms chatting and making call outs.

Biggest Problem:
Score Per Minute, this I cannot stress enough. In a game mode that has turned to a TDM/Objective hybrid you would think you would earn more points for getting kills. It's something like 100 points for a kill and 150 points for a bomb plant/defuse. Considering the maximum points awarded in a round is 750 points
(5kills, 1 plant, and then 1 kill before bomb blows up) and that's hard. Highest score I saw last night was about 1200 and that was 7rounds and the person went 11-1.

I had the highest score Per Minute in all of the lobbies with a whopping 109 SPM lol. If I'm not mistaken, I was the only person I saw last night with over 100.

Final thought:
Really fun to play
You can play solo and still have a fighting chance with randoms
Have a TDM mentality
Run Flak Jacket or take it slow
Low score streaks recommended due to low scores
Friendly environment

*Note* this was written from my phone, while in the car, so please excuse typos, errors and terrible structure since this is all on the fly lol

I play a lot of SnD, I disagree about the community (I guess it doesn't help that my buddy is always trolling talking ****) but there are a lot of ***** playing SnD, but I don't really care.

And yes! totally agree on SPM, that's BS. In CoD4 SnD was the way to level up faster. In all others CoD's was about the same as in other game modes and in this crap is the slowest.
#5VelociswaggerPosted 1/23/2013 12:52:56 PM
I only play SnD now because I'm tired of playing with bads and can carry a team successfully in SnD. I agree with you 100% that the SPM is way too low, it's ridiculous. Awareness is amazing if you have a headset since almost no one uses Dead Silence, it's almost a joke how easy it is. You haven't played Search enough to find that the community is just as bad as the rest. Called a try hard all the time if you use anything but a sniper but I just see those people as free kills. I like SnD in this game a lot more than I did in MW3.
---
Operator rH
#6shadowsofdawnPosted 1/23/2013 12:59:05 PM
Imma try it out.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#7Wizzl241Posted 1/23/2013 12:59:26 PM
Search and Destroy is the best game mode (i.e. the most fun). Keep playing, you'll get better and it will be even more fun!
---
I like video games.
PSN Vita/XBL: Wizzl241
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 1/23/2013 1:00:12 PM(edited)
shadowsofdawn posted...
Imma try it out.

k
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9AWarAmp84Posted 1/23/2013 1:04:43 PM
Wow, that's a large post using a phone. Anyway, I almost always start out my sessions playing S&D. If I find that I have ADD or I'm just being impatient then I'll jump to a faster paced game mode. There are a lot of goofs playing S&D though which can be a turn off for people new to the gametype. I also usually mute everyone on the opposite team too just to spare me the headache.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#10Overd0s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:57:33 AM
Wizzl241 posted...
Search and Destroy is the best game mode (i.e. the most fun). Keep playing, you'll get better and it will be even more fun!

Thanks, I think my first game I went 8-2 with no plants or defuses and the team of randoms and I won against a 4 man team +2 randoms. O actually did pretty well for a level 22 4th prestige SnD noob = ]
---